By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Where would the world be right now if religion never existed?

pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

There's no maybe about it, she had psychological problems. Again, many roots and reasons can be attributed to her psychological problems, and demonic possession would feature as last on a very long list. Why is it so hard for you to accept demonic possesion is incredibly unlikely? For one thing you have to prove the existence of a "demonic or supernatural" entity, which in itself has never been done.

Why are you so quick to jump to ridiculous assumptions in the face of logic and reason? Surely logic and reason should be looked to before making assumptions and turning to the occult and unknown.

And what do you mean by visual evidence? There was NO evidence in this case, visual or otherwise. I haven't read any detailed reports of a psychological assesment, nothing audio, visual or chemical about the room she stayed in and obviously in that day and age they didn't have the ability to do brain scans.

Lastly, just because you say something is fact doesn't make it so. You need evidence to back up a claim, and nothing you've presented is evidence.

More evidance:

http://www.wackyowl.com/5-notable-examples-demonic-possession-exorcism/

Care to explain how people can change their voices, speak demonic langluages (that are proved to be real by priests), make people levitating vertically and horizontally, kill thier family for no reason, and sometimes, when priest speaks the prayers, the bizzare behavior strangely stops?

Dont worry, Im sure you'll come up with some psycho thing that explains how people can fly...

You seem to mix up the definition of evidence with conjecture and heresay. I'll try and cover each of your points before moving onto the article you posted:

1. Voices and languages: Its well known that people can change their voice or start to speak fluently in other languages after head injuries. You seem to underestimate the complexity of the human brain.

2. Levitation: There really was no evidence for this in the article. Just a few eye witness accounts in 1906 Africa where people are very superstitious even now. Did you not ask yourself about the validity of the witnesses? You can't put someone in jail based on a potentially unreliable witness, yet you're ready to believe in demonic possesion?

3. Killing family: This happens all the time. Why do you think its demonic possesion? Why aren't they just a socio-path or have pent up anger issues directed towards family members.

4. Priest stopping behaviour: Again, no evidence of demonic possesion, just the belief that exorcism will get rid of a "demon" is enough for some people to stop their strange behaviour and get them out of their trance or alternative states of consciousness. If you really want evidence then find a brain scan during an exorcism. The only time I've seen this done, the effect on the brain was the same as that of meditation or prayer. This is predominantly in response to case 5 in the article.

As for the article, don't you think it's odd that the weirdest stories are all from a long time ago? Like 100 years minimum when technology and our understanding of the brain was close to nil. Even in case 3, the boy was cured after 2 months of therapy on top of the "exorcisms". The concept of an exorcisms may work to help improve a patient, but that doesn't prove demonic possesion, simply that it helps a patients psychological well-being.

Finally, I really find that picture of Anneliese Michel very telling. How can you look at that pic and not think "anorexic"?

Seriously, I think you should read a quality Psychology text book, then look back at these cases and seperate the evidence from heresay.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

All sounds like deep rooted psychological problems to me. Doctors these days would probably be able to give a better diagnosis than they did back then.

Or maybe demonic possesion???

Of which there is no evidence. Logically, there's more evidence supporting psychological problems (especially when others exhibit similar symptoms) than for demonic posession.

is visual evidence the only evidence that satisfies you people? Stop finding excuses and telling yourself" "maybe she had a pscychological problems".Pscychological problems of that kind dont just apper like that out of nowhere. They have roots and reasons. Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that she was possesed?

There's no maybe about it, she had psychological problems. Again, many roots and reasons can be attributed to her psychological problems, and demonic possession would feature as last on a very long list. Why is it so hard for you to accept demonic possesion is incredibly unlikely? For one thing you have to prove the existence of a "demonic or supernatural" entity, which in itself has never been done.

Why are you so quick to jump to ridiculous assumptions in the face of logic and reason? Surely logic and reason should be looked to before making assumptions and turning to the occult and unknown.

And what do you mean by visual evidence? There was NO evidence in this case, visual or otherwise. I haven't read any detailed reports of a psychological assesment, nothing audio, visual or chemical about the room she stayed in and obviously in that day and age they didn't have the ability to do brain scans.

Lastly, just because you say something is fact doesn't make it so. You need evidence to back up a claim, and nothing you've presented is evidence.

More evidance:

Care to explain how people can change their voices, speak demonic langluages (that are proved to be real by priests), make people levitating vertically and horizontally, kill thier family for no reason, and sometimes, when priest speaks the prayers, the bizzare behavior strangely stops?

Dont worry, Im sure you'll come up with some psycho thing that explains how people can fly...

Lulz I laugh at how that article warns against doing satanic rituals. I've done plenty and nothing ever happened. Pledged my soul to Satan and signed in blood, lit black candles and chanted  inside a pentagram... I'd probably have to be on LSD for any of it to work. It probably would work when I'm on LSD, then I'd feel that demonic presence my satanic brothers and sisters brag about.

People changing their voices, that's easy, we have very complex vocal cords that can produce a wide array of sounds. demonic languages can be explained by ancestral memory, people levitating, (if that ever really happened), well, gravity is just a theory... There's always a reason when someone kills their family, a certain reaction in their brain. As for prayers stopping bizzare behavior, the persons faith probably has something to do with it...

Jesus teachings - which, toghether with 10 commandments, are basis of Christian religion, can't justify killing a man, even of different religion, let alone starting a war. This is the same case for most widespread religions, which have strong moral guideliness.

As with every other belief and/or moral guideline, many wars were justified by misinterpretation of religion. Same can be said for things like patriotism, freedom, free market or human rights, which are non-religious moral guideliness, yet many times they were justified cause to start a war. So, saying that there would be a lot less wars without religion is chidlish.

As for science and scientific progress, that was often very tied to religion throught history, so I'm not so sure about being a super advanced civilisation.

And one can easily compare science to religion. If something cannot be scientifically proven in the scientifically driven society, it is considered wrong or marked as impossible or non-existant. Therefore, if something doesn't comply to the certain set of rules or beliefs (in this case the scientific method), the scientific community is quick to oppose it's validity. That reminds me a lot of Galileo Galilei and theory of heliocentrism, can you see the the connection?

Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

More evidance:

You seem to mix up the definition of evidence with conjecture and heresay. I'll try and cover each of your points before moving onto the article you posted:

1. Voices and languages: Its well known that people can change their voice or start to speak fluently in other languages after head injuries. You seem to underestimate the complexity of the human brain.

Ok this is the 3rd time im trying to respond to this post, but my post always dissapers for no reason. FUCK VGC 3. Fix your fucking forum glitches already. Its getting really anoying.

Anyway, are you kidding me? A head injury makes you speak the real demonic language that you NEVER heard before that only priests with high religious education can understand??? (Note this is not just some gibberish for lunutics) And the head injury also makes you change your voice from human to something that isnt either human or animal ( Please note that chaging the sound of your voice isnt the same as chaging it to something un-human)???

2. Levitation: There really was no evidence for this in the article. Just a few eye witness accounts in 1906 Africa where people are very superstitious even now. Did you not ask yourself about the validity of the witnesses? You can't put someone in jail based on a potentially unreliable witness, yet you're ready to believe in demonic possesion?

See, this is why i am annoyed at you. You keep saying ''no evidance'' when evidence is right in front of you. People saw it with their own eyes and yet you keep denying it, its almost like you're affraid of the truth or simply just dont wanna accept it no matter what. I have given everything to prove demonic possesions are real, now why dont you give me something that says they are not real??? Its incredibly easy to just sit and say ''well, maybe...''  You know damn well that nothing can make a person fly so you had to find something on which you could say ''oh wait, this here MIGHT be wrong, so you HAVE TO be wrong''.

3. Killing family: This happens all the time. Why do you think its demonic possesion? Why aren't they just a socio-path or have pent up anger issues directed towards family members.

Because the guy  has been involved in a few of instances which could lead to conclusion that he had problems with demonic possession

4. Priest stopping behaviour: Again, no evidence of demonic possesion, just the belief that exorcism will get rid of a "demon" is enough for some people to stop their strange behaviour and get them out of their trance or alternative states of consciousness. If you really want evidence then find a brain scan during an exorcism. The only time I've seen this done, the effect on the brain was the same as that of meditation or prayer. This is predominantly in response to case 5 in the article.

More denial, i see. And exorcism wasnt always succesfull (in fact, its rare), so that alone disporeves your entire point

As for the article, don't you think it's odd that the weirdest stories are all from a long time ago? Like 100 years minimum when technology and our understanding of the brain was close to nil. Even in case 3, the boy was cured after 2 months of therapy on top of the "exorcisms". The concept of an exorcisms may work to help improve a patient, but that doesn't prove demonic possesion, simply that it helps a patients psychological well-being.

Why does the year matter? These are 5 MOST NOTABLE examples. Even todays technology cant explain some of  the things that happend to those people, so the year is irrelevant.

Finally, I really find that picture of Anneliese Michel very telling. How can you look at that pic and not think "anorexic"?

Yes, she refused to eat food for months before she died, instead she ate bugs and insects.

Seriously, I think you should read a quality Psychology text book, then look back at these cases and seperate the evidence from heresay.

pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

All sounds like deep rooted psychological problems to me. Doctors these days would probably be able to give a better diagnosis than they did back then.

Or maybe demonic possesion???

Of which there is no evidence. Logically, there's more evidence supporting psychological problems (especially when others exhibit similar symptoms) than for demonic posession.

is visual evidence the only evidence that satisfies you people? Stop finding excuses and telling yourself" "maybe she had a pscychological problems".Pscychological problems of that kind dont just apper like that out of nowhere. They have roots and reasons. Why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that she was possesed?

More evidance:

We're meant to take seriously an article with no citations and a hell of a lot of spelling errors?

There have been no controlled tests proving possession. It's almost entirely hearsay and a lot of it is probably down to schizophrenia.

Also I don't think anybody is going to try and explain how people can fly unassisted, but there's no proof that they ever have.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

Ok this is the 3rd time im trying to respond to this post, but my post always dissapers for no reason. FUCK VGC 3. Fix your fucking forum glitches already. Its getting really anoying.

Anyway, are you kidding me? A head injury makes you speak the real demonic language that you NEVER heard before that only priests with high religious education can understand??? (Note this is not just some gibberish for lunutics) And the head injury also makes you change your voice from human to something that isnt either human or animal ( Please note that chaging the sound of your voice isnt the same as chaging it to something un-human)???

See, this is why i am annoyed at you. You keep saying ''no evidance'' when evidence is right in front of you. People saw it with their own eyes and yet you keep denying it, its almost like you're affraid of the truth or simply just dont wanna accept it no matter what. I have given everything to prove demonic possesions are real, now why dont you give me something that says they are not real??? Its incredibly easy to just sit and say ''well, maybe...''  You know damn well that nothing can make a person fly so you had to find something on which you could say ''oh wait, this here MIGHT be wrong, so you HAVE TO be wrong''.

Because the guy  has been involved in a few of instances which could lead to conclusion that he had problems with demonic possession

More denial, i see. And exorcism wasnt always succesfull (in fact, its rare), so that alone disporeves your entire point

Why does the year matter? These are 5 MOST NOTABLE examples. Even todays technology cant explain some of  the things that happend to those people, so the year is irrelevant.

Yes, she refused to eat food for months before she died, instead she ate bugs and insects.

1. Yes, head injuries can make you do absurd things. Also, what's a real demonic language? The fact that people know it kinda means its possible for humans to understand it doesn't it? Making it completely feasible that a human can speak it.

2. Take something like that into a court room, they'll always question the validity of the witnesses. Here we have no info on the witnesses, so no, it's not evidence at all. It amounts to heresay. You getting annoyed doesn't change that.

3. Just because their is a claim to demonic possesion doesn't make it so, especially with such a wealth of other possible explainations that make more sense.

4. No it doesn't. Again, your ignorance of human psyche is telling. Different people react differently to different situations, and I very much doubt these are the same mental problems that lead to claims of demonic possesion. I never said they were 100% successful, in fact I think most other therapies would be far more sucessful. But in a few particular cases, the exorcism had a positive effect and I gave a explaination as to why that was so.

5. You're so ready to believe heresay and conjecture it's incredible. How can you be sure our understandings of modern medicine wouldn't have lead to different outcomes without a time machine. No archaeologist or historian would take what's been written their as hard fact. They'd need far more actual substantive evidence. Nothing you've presented here could be considerred anything more than heresay. I'm not sure why you don't get that.

6. So you admit she had anorexia. Considerring this and the fact her symptoms are typical of a range of mental problems you still think she was possesed?

As Rath pointed out the article itself is dodgy as it cites no sources. You keep mistaking heresay as evidence. For instance, if I tell people "I saw my mother-in-law talking in strangely and in unknown languages  and floating in the air", I'm lying (except maybe the talking strangely part); that's not evidence, it's heresay. Just because it was written down and someone says it's true, doesn't make it so.

Like I said at the start of this, you're not convincing anyone with this.

Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

1. Yes, head injuries can make you do absurd things. Also, what's a real demonic language? The fact that people know it kinda means its possible for humans to understand it doesn't it? Making it completely feasible that a human can speak it.

I said ONLY PRIESTS WITH VERY HIGH BIBLICAL AND RELIGOUS KNOWLEDGE can understand it. Other people cant. And you cant just learn something that exclusive and hard like language of demons just because you have head injury. My aunt had a hard head injury when she was 8 (she's mentaly illl now) how come she cant speak that language????

2. Take something like that into a court room, they'll always question the validity of the witnesses. Here we have no info on the witnesses, so no, it's not evidence at all. It amounts to heresay. You getting annoyed doesn't change that. And who's to say that those people lied???? We have no reason to believe that they lied. I think you just love telling yourself that, because you provided absolutely nothing to prove your point, so you just keep saying ''its not demonic possesion, its maybe this'' or '' maybe those people lied''. And thats why im annoyed at you. Its pretty easy just to sit and deny everything that is given to you as an evidence. So until you prove that they were lying, we're just gonna have to trust them on this one huh? I mean, thats how they do it in a court room.

3. Just because their is a claim to demonic possesion doesn't make it so, especially with such a wealth of other possible explainations that make more sense.

Ok, so the claim of other people doesnt make it so, the claim of people who were possesd themselfes doesnt make it so, the claim of priests doesnt make it so, so let me ask you one question. WHAT EXACTLY MAKES IT SO ???????? I think the people who think the're possesed know a LOT better whats happening to them than anyone else. But agian, the power of denial cant be beaten.

4. No it doesn't. Again, your ignorance of human psyche is telling. Different people react differently to different situations, and I very much doubt these are the same mental problems that lead to claims of demonic possesion. I never said they were 100% successful, in fact I think most other therapies would be far more sucessful. But in a few particular cases, the exorcism had a positive effect and I gave a explaination as to why that was so.So lets assume that the person is schizophrenic. The person eats bugs, drinks its own urine, refuses to eat, the icon of christ upsets it and it speaks the language unkown to most humans with the voice that is neither human or animal, and some people claim they saw it flying of the ground. So yeah, its a pretty hardcore schizophrenia. The preson believes its possesed even though its not. So the priest comes and says couple of prayers and perfromes exorcism and by some miracle, that horrible and bizzare schizophrenic behavoiur dissapears just like that because the person believed the demon went away??? Yeah, makes perfect sense.

5. You're so ready to believe heresay and conjecture it's incredible. How can you be sure our understandings of modern medicine wouldn't have lead to different outcomes without a time machine. No archaeologist or historian would take what's been written their as hard fact. They'd need far more actual substantive evidence. Nothing you've presented here could be considerred anything more than heresay. I'm not sure why you don't get that.You missed my point. I said today's technology cant explain those things, and it probably never will, because they are supernatural.

6. So you admit she had anorexia. Considerring this and the fact her symptoms are typical of a range of mental problems you still think she was possesed?I never denied she had anorexia. She denied to eat, and to drink holy water. Maybe the demon inside of her didnt allow it ? I mean, why else whouldnt she wanna drink holy water if she knows it can only help her????

As Rath pointed out the article itself is dodgy as it cites no sources. You keep mistaking heresay as evidence. For instance, if I tell people "I saw my mother-in-law talking in strangely and in unknown languages  and floating in the air", I'm lying (except maybe the talking strangely part); that's not evidence, it's heresay. Just because it was written down and someone says it's true, doesn't make it so.

And exactly what kind of evidance do you people give? ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!! A big 0. At least i provided something that leads to my poinr. Like i said, its pretty easy just to sit and deny everything. So come on, give me some of your own evidance that support your point. I would be more than happy to deny them all, like you are doing. :)

Like I said at the start of this, you're not convincing anyone with this.

As far as i am concerd, i won this argument, i provided much more stuff that supports my point, than you did. You just kept denying everything, with nothing that disporves my point. You dont have to believe at anything. I cant convince you. I was just trying to prove those possesions were real. Its entirely up to you on what you wanna believe in.

pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

I said ONLY PRIESTS WITH VERY HIGH BIBLICAL AND RELIGOUS KNOWLEDGE can understand it. Other people cant. And you cant just learn something that exclusive and hard like language of demons just because you have head injury. My aunt had a hard head injury when she was 8 (she's mentaly illl now) how come she cant speak that language????

Head injuries differ from person to person. Some people can speak random languages fluently whilst others become mentally ill.

And who's to say that those people lied???? We have no reason to believe that they lied. I think you just love telling yourself that, because you provided absolutely nothing to prove your point, so you just keep saying ''its not demonic possesion, its maybe this'' or '' maybe those people lied''. And thats why im annoyed at you. Its pretty easy just to sit and deny everything that is given to you as an evidence. So until you prove that they were lying, we're just gonna have to trust them on this one huh? I mean, thats how they do it in a court room.

It's called heresay. It's pretty easy to sit back and believe everything you're told rather than engaging your brain and thinking things through logically. According to the Romans Carthage were a bunch of idiots and barbarians (they were more advanced than Rome before conquered). If we took everything at face value then we'd believe them.

Ok, so the claim of other people doesnt make it so, the claim of people who were possesd themselfes doesnt make it so, the claim of priests doesnt make it so, so let me ask you one question. WHAT EXACTLY MAKES IT SO ???????? I think the people who think the're possesed know a LOT better whats happening to them than anyone else. But agian, the power of denial cant be beaten.

I'm sure people with mental problems know exactly what's happening to them... oh wait, they don't. Your problem is that you attribute "claims" as evidence. It's not. Until we have measurable proof of an entity manipulating the mind of an individual, nothing you present amounts to anything more than heresay and ignorance of biology and psychology.

So lets assume that the person is schizophrenic. The person eats bugs, drinks its own urine, refuses to eat, the icon of christ upsets it and it speaks the language unkown to most humans with the voice that is neither human or animal, and some people claim they saw it flying of the ground. So yeah, its a pretty hardcore schizophrenia. The preson believes its possesed even though its not. So the priest comes and says couple of prayers and perfromes exorcism and by some miracle, that horrible and bizzare schizophrenic behavoiur dissapears just like that because the person believed the demon went away??? Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Schizophrenia is not the only mental problem out there, but yes, it's possible, although probably not with schizophrenia. See the studies below, many of them mention the need to take into account cultural belief when treating problems.

You missed my point. I said today's technology cant explain those things, and it probably never will, because they are supernatural.

And I'm saying today's technology and knowledge probably could have explained those things if it was present back then, but as it wasn't we'll never know. This would also explain why there hasn't been many supernatural events in the Western world recently, as technology and medical science has improved, we now know what a lot of these "possesions" actually are. See studies below.

I never denied she had anorexia. She denied to eat, and to drink holy water. Maybe the demon inside of her didnt allow it ? I mean, why else whouldnt she wanna drink holy water if she knows it can only help her????

I accuse me of conjecture then come out with this completely illogical statement. All the symptoms exhibited are those typically found in someone who's very seriously mentally ill.

And exactly what kind of evidance do you people give? ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!! A big 0. At least i provided something that leads to my poinr. Like i said, its pretty easy just to sit and deny everything. So come on, give me some of your own evidance that support your point. I would be more than happy to deny them all, like you are doing. :)

The evidence we give is knowledge based off years of medical research. Compared to your heresay, I know which one I (and anyone with a shred of logic) would select as evidence. See studies below for more.

As far as i am concerd, i won this argument, i provided much more stuff that supports my point, than you did. You just kept denying everything, with nothing that disporves my point. You dont have to believe at anything. I cant convince you. I was just trying to prove those possesions were real. Its entirely up to you on what you wanna believe in.

"I won the arguments because I presented more heresay, conjecture and unreliable sources than you..." I really don't think so. If you want actual evidence supporting my point see below.

Look, it's obvious logic isn't your strong point and that you have no concept of what actually constitutes evidence. I never came into this thread to destroy your belief in possesion, simply to show nothing you've said or presented is evidence. That still stands. See above for comments.

I've wasted enough of my time arguing your illogical thought processes. I suggest you read the sources and the papers they reference.

Some actual studies carried out by professionals with references:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2803848/pdf/1752-1947-3-9325.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1181833/pdf/00980351.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2626575/pdf/1757-1626-2-14.pdf

Scoobes said:
pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

Head injuries differ from person to person. Some people can speak random languages fluently whilst others become mentally ill.

I think you're getting desperate here. How can a injured human brian LEARN SOMETHING un-human??? I said it 100000000000000000 times before, this is not just some gibberish and non-existant language here that mentaly ill people speak because of their injuries. This is a real proven language of the demonis, so how the fuck can people learn anything like that from an injury, unless they were possesed before the injury?

And who's to say that those people lied???? We have no reason to believe that they lied. I think you just love telling yourself that, because you provided absolutely nothing to prove your point, so you just keep saying ''its not demonic possesion, its maybe this'' or '' maybe those people lied''. And thats why im annoyed at you. Its pretty easy just to sit and deny everything that is given to you as an evidence. So until you prove that they were lying, we're just gonna have to trust them on this one huh? I mean, thats how they do it in a court room.

It's called heresay. It's pretty easy to sit back and believe everything you're told rather than engaging your brain and thinking things through logicallyIm asking you again, who's to say that those people lied?. According to the Romans Carthage were a bunch of idiots and barbarians (they were more advanced than Rome before conquered). If we took everything at face value then we'd believe them.But we KNOW that the Carthage were more advanced then Romans before conqured, so we know Roman statment its not true. But we DONT KNOW if those people lied, so until we prove that they lied we have to take their word. Do you have anything that can maybe prove them wrong? If so, please post it here.

I'm sure people with mental problems know exactly what's happening to them... oh wait, they don'tNeither do the people close to them. Neither do the witness. Neither do the priests who can most likely recognize demonic possesion when they see it. Yeah, right.... Your problem is that you attribute "claims" as evidence.And your problem is that you dont have anything to disprove those claims whatsoever. It's not. Until we have measurable proof of an entity manipulating the mind of an individual, A demon cant be measured with anything (if thats wht you meant) on Earth, since ist not a living mortal. It cant be logical because human logic dont apply to a some kind of demon. And it cant be scientific because its simply not from this world. So i cant show you the picutre of a demon if thats what you meant.

So lets assume that the person is schizophrenic. The person eats bugs, drinks its own urine, refuses to eat, the icon of christ upsets it and it speaks the language unkown to most humans with the voice that is neither human or animal, and some people claim they saw it flying of the ground. So yeah, its a pretty hardcore schizophrenia. The preson believes its possesed even though its not. So the priest comes and says couple of prayers and perfromes exorcism and by some miracle, that horrible and bizzare schizophrenic behavoiur dissapears just like that because the person believed the demon went away??? Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Schizophrenia is not the only mental problem out there, but yes, it's possible, although probably not with schizophrenia. See the studies below, many of them mention the need to take into account cultural belief when treating problems.

You missed my point. I said today's technology cant explain those things, and it probably never will, because they are supernatural.

And I'm saying today's technology and knowledge probably could have explained those things if it was present back then, but as it wasn't we'll never know. This would also explain why there hasn't been many supernatural events in the Western world recently, as technology and medical science has improved, we now know what a lot of these "possesions" actually are. See studies below.Anneliese Michael case happend about 50 years ago and she was german. And who says that there arent any  supernatural events in the west??? Its just that the media didnt show some of them or didnt heard about them.

I never denied she had anorexia. She denied to eat, and to drink holy water. Maybe the demon inside of her didnt allow it ? I mean, why else whouldnt she wanna drink holy water if she knows it can only help her????

I accuse me of conjecture then come out with this completely illogical statement. All the symptoms exhibited are those typically found in someone who's very seriously mentally ill. Ok, you ignored my arguments and just called them ''illogical''. Cool, nice comeback

The evidence we give is knowledge based off years of medical research. Compared to your heresay, I know which one I (and anyone with a shred of logic) would select as evidence. See studies below for more. None of that knowledge can disporve my point, neither it can disprove demonic possesion. Just becuase schizophrenia exists doesnt mean demonic possesions dont exist. Schizophrenia doesnt make people fly and speak demonic langauge

"I won the arguments because I presented more heresay, conjecture and unreliable sources than you..." I really don't think so. If you want actual evidence supporting my point see below. ''I won the arguemnts becuase i denied all other arguemnts by saying ''those people lied (even though i have no proof of that)'' and by saying head injury can make people speak real unhuman language and schizophrenia is the answer to everything.

Look, it's obvious logic isn't your strong point and that you have no concept of what actually constitutes evidence. I never came into this thread to destroy your belief in possesion, simply to show nothing you've said or presented is evidence. That still stands. See above for comments.

I've wasted enough of my time arguing your illogical thought processes. I suggest you read the sources and the papers they reference.

Ok, this is probably the biggest pile of crap i've seen in a while. First of all, a ''spirit'' cant posses a human being, because every buman already has a spirit in him/her. Maybe they meant ''an evil or un-pure spirt'' which means demon, but that just shows how little does the article know about this kind of stuff. And second, nothing that this person has done or told, can link to the suggestion that he was possesd. Just because he claimed so, doesnt make it so The person became isolated and disinterested. That doesnt sound like demonic possesion. Look at the top 5 stories i gave to you and compare them to this case. This person was obviously sick in head like the other members of his family.

How is this supposed to disporve my point?? All this article does, is describing psychiatric and relgious aspects of an demonic possesion. As the matter of fact, Case 1 actually proves my point...

Again, these people are simply schizophrenic and not possesed.  Miss P is diagnosed with psychiatric disorder and she refused to take her prescirbed medications.

Mrs. Q case had nothing to do with religion or possesions. She simply became ill after she gave birth to her child.

Same goes for Miss. X and Mrs Y. You just gave me 4 cases of schiophrenic women. Why? Are you trying to prove that schizophrenia can be the answer to the bizzare behaviour I never denied that.In fact, lots of people who think they are possesed are in fact schizophrenic. Im just trying to prove that possesions (and some of its cases) are real.

pizzahut451 said:
Scoobes said:

Ok, this is probably the biggest pile of crap i've seen in a while. First of all, a ''spirit'' cant posses a human being, because every buman already has a spirit in him/her. Maybe they meant ''an evil or un-pure spirt'' which means demon, but that just shows how little does the article know about this kind of stuff. And second, nothing that this person has done or told, can link to the suggestion that he was possesd. Just because he claimed so, doesnt make it so The person became isolated and disinterested. That doesnt sound like demonic possesion. Look at the top 5 stories i gave to you and compare them to this case. This person was obviously sick in head like the other members of his family.

How is this supposed to disporve my point?? All this article does, is describing psychiatric and relgious aspects of an demonic possesion. As the matter of fact, Case 1 actually proves my point...

Again, these people are simply schizophrenic and not possesed.  Miss P is diagnosed with psychiatric disorder and she refused to take her prescirbed medications.

Mrs. Q case had nothing to do with religion or possesions. She simply became ill after she gave birth to her child.

Same goes for Miss. X and Mrs Y. You just gave me 4 cases of schiophrenic women. Why? Are you trying to prove that schizophrenia can be the answer to the bizzare behaviour I never denied that.In fact, lots of people who think they are possesed are in fact schizophrenic. Im just trying to prove that possesions (and some of its cases) are real.

These studies have been done relatively recently, yet the symptoms and claims bear similarity to the claims you gave as evidence, the main difference being the time period. Had these studies been done back when these "possesions" took place, many may well have been disproved.

Also, in answer to the first article you stated:

"First of all, a ''spirit'' cant posses a human being, because every buman already has a spirit in him/her."

As this is a pschyological paper I doubt they'd be too hung up on the religious definitions, but how do you know a "spirit" can't possess a human being? Perhaps in some cultures, a belief exists that it can (not saying that's true in this case). The concept of possession can differ somewhat from culture to culture so what you believe to be true can be different in another part of the world.

Like I said, I was only trying to say there is no true evidence for possesion. Whether you believe in it or not is up to you but trying to convince others is much harder until we can:

1. Measure and prove the existence of an external entity.
  2. Measure the presence of said entity in or around an individual and attribute beahioural differences to that entity

What you presented before were symptoms, which can be explained by psychology and neuroscience, both of which are still expanding and growing fields.

Spiritual belief of any kind is (and should be imo) very personal and individual, so maybe we should leave it and just say you believe in possesion and I don't for the many reasons we've stated in this thread.