By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Give Us Back The Old Nintendo (Nowgamer article)

Good read.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

I don't get people whining about wanting the old Nintendo back. Today's Nintendo is the old Nintendo.

Honestly, the world of gaming would be a much better place if the whiners just sold their Wii's (for real this time), stuck to their favourite console and let the rest enjoy their games, hardcore or not.

Then how do you explain this huge difference between the Wii and the Gamecube?

It's a difference I can't see with the PS and the PS2 and the PS3 or the Xbox with the Xbox 360.

Boutros said:

In real life, I know of 4 people who used to play Nintendo games with me. Oddly enough, the 4 are unsatified this gen.

I'm really starting to think it might simply be because of graphics :/

Because when I play my Wii, I have the same feeling as when I'm playing a very old game.

Or perhaps it is because I'm mostly playing my Wii alone.

I know it's much more fun with other people but it's not like I can all the time. My bro doesn't want to play because he's a PC gamer and he "can't stand the graphics" and I can't have friends at home all the time :/

I hope I'll eventually put my finger on it.

Hrm, well that's a bummer. I'm in a household with a Wii and a 360, and both are played all of the time. Heck, we have had a couple of parties where both consoles were being used (Modern Warfare 2 and New Super Mario Bros. Wii were the favorites). So in that regard, both systems were great for multiplayer.

Though I tend to me more a single player type of guy, and more specifically a Platformer kind of guy. I guess it's why that when I see these sort of "I miss the old Nintendo" editorials (because we know there's a lot of 'em out there, and that this one wont be the last. ) I pretty much scratch my head on why they would write something like that. I grew up on Platformers during the "Old Nintendo" years, I buy the console that has the platformers. Genesis and SNES (Sonic & Mario), N64 (Mario, Banjo, Donkey Kong, Conker), GCN (Mario & Sonic... although this was probably my least favorite generation because of the lack of Platformers on the system...). The Wii continues this trend as the console for the Platform gamer. And not just 3D Platforming goodness, but a 2D Platforming Renaissance. So in the end, nothing's changed all that much. Nintendo is still the console for me... the same as it was years ago.

I don't mind if you're searching for the joy that you once had in Nintendo. Actually, the fact that you're still searching is great. I hope you find what you're looking for. It's just that I really can't stand when someone (the author) uses that as an excuse to write up a juvenile editorial for teh console wars.

And like you said, the upcoming games look awesome. Donkey Kong and Kirby... more platfoming goodness!

themanwithnoname said:
dtewi said:
leatherhat said:
dtewi said:
leatherhat said:

I think its significantly worse.

Oh, I get it.

You're joking, right?

Right?

Not really. Twilight Princess was to me the gaming equivalent of watching paint dry. It was one of the most bland games Ive ever played and a major step down from previous zeldas. Also the art design sucked so it was like watching ugly paing dry.

And SSBB is worse than SSB64?

How the hell does that make sense?

I know plenty of people who prefer SSB64. What are they, complete morons?

Quite possibly SSBB>SSB>SSBM, melee added a lot of stuff but had more balance issues than even the original then nerfed my mains lol SSBB was about as balanced as SSB (which is far from perfect) added even more to the game and returned my characters to their former playable glory haha and throwing in SSB was REALLY over powered 

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

dtewi said:
leatherhat said:

To me, its all about the fact that nintendos first party hasn't been as good as they used to be. And I'm not talking about making casual games, I'm talking about games like Mario Kart wii, Twilight Princess and brawl being the worst in their respective series.

They are?

When did this happen?

I think he's bullshitting.

Around the Network

I douby he will change his opinion no matter how good these upcoming games are.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

its 2010 I thought we were done with these kinds of articles

SuperAdrianK said:

I thought this was a joke thread because of the return of old school classics like Donkey kong and Kirby are returning. Well, that's what I got from the title. Too bad I was wrong...

yeah thats what I thought

but he's right about the controller tho.Alot of gamers see the wii as toy bcuz of the controller even tho theres more to offer than what the the ps3 and 360 have besides shooters.I hope the next Wii is gonna have a standard controller for default and the wiimote for motion games.

With all the games comin out and all the Ninty games that are already out.I think Ninty has one of the best library since the Snes,I cant really say that for sony.As mush as I like my ps3 and the dualshock I havent seen games as fun as Syphon Filter,Twisted Metal,Jak,ps1 Crash,ps1 Spyro,Ape Escape,Rogue galaxy and others on PS3.

I still think Nintendo should come up with some new more mature IPs like or third person shooter or something like that just to vary a little.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

Boutros said:
forest-spirit said:

I don't get people whining about wanting the old Nintendo back. Today's Nintendo is the old Nintendo.

Honestly, the world of gaming would be a much better place if the whiners just sold their Wii's (for real this time), stuck to their favourite console and let the rest enjoy their games, hardcore or not.

Then how do you explain this huge difference between the Wii and the Gamecube?

It's a difference I can't see with the PS and the PS2 and the PS3 or the Xbox with the Xbox 360.

Gamecube was not up to old Nintendo quality?  Really I hated last gen, it was simply bad all around, PS2 had a lot of crap games, Final Fantasy fell from grace, not even N64 level of support for the GC, and Nintendo didn't make as many just purely great games.

Tell me one Gamecube title that changed gaming as much as OoT or Wii Sports?

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

O-D-C said:

its 2010 I thought we were done with these kinds of articles

Some people never give up I bet they will still be making them from now till 2050.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d