By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Give Us Back The Old Nintendo (Nowgamer article)

Zlejedi said:

That's a very nice writte up.

Current Nintendo rides only on casual titles and some people nostalgia for old ninty games.

East Europe is best example of that:

- first it's mostly pc gaming land so consoles are mostly an additional equipment or replacement of pc for gamers which means it's what we describe as core gamer who buys them

- second 250 euro is a lot of money  in East Europe so you don't blow it on a whim and nintendo doesn't advertise in this area

- third - in days of NES/SNES only extremly limited amount of nintendo consoles were available in east so we don't look at current gen through Mario/Zelda colored glasses

And the end result when Wii is judged only on current lineup of titles the sales are total disaster

Cherry-picking at its finest.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:

Current Nintendo rides only on casual titles and some people nostalgia for old ninty games.

East Europe is best example of that:

And the end result when Wii is judged only on current lineup of titles the sales are total disaster

Other Europe console sales for the last year (that's anyplace not UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Scandinavia areas), according to VGChartz for the last year.

Xbox 360: 340,540

PS3:  571,593

Wii: 901,486

(Cannot say whether or not Spain includes Portugal or France includes Belilux).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

man why is this still alive, nintards can't you tell when you are being trolled?

Some of us just want to bite the bait.

On another note, if Nintendo really left us gamers, than there wouldn't be a franchise nor a console...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!