By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Ninety-Nine Nights 2 Review

the first game I would give it around 7/10 after completing with every character.. and I liked it more than the dynasty warriors game.

the second game .. hmm well I didn't like the demo so maybe I'll wait for the bargains

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Cross-X said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
Cross-X said:

@GodofWar_3ever Technically, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Lost Odessey, Blue Dragon, Too Human aren't  1st or 2nd Party Exclusives. They're all 3rd Party. Microsoft doesn't own the Gears IP nor do they own Epic Games so they're 3rd Party, I dunno if MS owns Alan Wake IP but they don't own Remedy and Mistwalker isn't owned by MS either. They're all 3rd Party.

But must we really bring a list wars here?

NNN2 is a shit game so that's all there is to this thread. I don't think we need to get into arguments here...

They are 2nd party. The games itself are published by MS, but the devs are not owned by them. 

and DirtyP2002 started the list war...not me.

I thought if MS owns the IP but developed by a Studio not owned by them, that's 2nd Party (just like how Sucker Punch and Insomiac are 2nd Party). But I know that Gears of War is definitely 3rd Party.

Yeh I know you didn't start the list wars but I just don't want people gettin banned and shit for bringing up list wars and people arguing back. I just stay away from such trouble.

I thought when you MS is the publisher, it is second party. Like Remedy and Alan Wake. Remedy made the game, MS published it --> 2nd party. Same now with MS and Crytek.

At the end of the day, nobody actually cares about 1st / 2nd or 3rd party exclusives. The main point is that it is exclusive and not playable on any other console. That is all the customer cares for.

lol I don't really care either. If it's exclusive, great. Except nowadays people still try to think 3rd Party Exclusives will become nonexistant, which I find rubbish and just fanboyish logic.

And I know what you mean. Only people who come check the net/forums for games know what 1st/2nd/3rd Party exclusives are but the average gamer doesn't give a shit. Like if I ask my firends whether Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 are 1st Party or 3rd Party Exclusives, they have no idea what I'm talking about lol. All they know it's "Only on PlayStation" :D

Alan Wake - 82

Mass Effect 2 - 96

Conviction - 86

Fable 3 - ??

Halo Reach - ??

CrackDown 2 - 71

Those are Microsoft exclusives ... This may be but M$ probably dont give a sh** about it... Neither do i.

So not bad i think Reach and Fable 3 will reach 90 and Great SALES.

Omg that's so sad. Ill still get it, thought Tak Fuji deserves better.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Famitsu gave it 31/40 and this was primarily aimed at the Japanese audience, so that's not so bad.

Around the Network

So, where it is the mirion troops exxtreeeme experience that would suck me? :(

Another mediocore game....Im concerned that by MS lending out its IP's  and developers not putting forth an effort on it  ,it only destroys what it stands for

DirtyP2002 said:

I can't believe somebody said this was one of MS most important exclusives this year...

• Halo Reach
  • Fable III
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • Kinectimals
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Dance Central
  • Alan Wake
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Crackdown 2
  • I think it is not even in the top10 for MS.

Really, try harder.

Wow did you really just list Kinect games as an important exclusive? Well yeah I guess it is, if you don't already own a Wii. I'm sure the guy was talking about current games and ones that have already come out, and with those, none of them have scored 90 on metacritic except Mass Effect 2. I'm not saying Halo Reach and Fable won't be good, but the op wasn't referring to future games.

MrBubbles said:
    S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft really needs to drop this franchise as an exclusive. Sony dropped Quantum Theory and I feel that was in the best interest of quality.

microsoft owns this.  sony never owned quantum theory afaik...

First of all Microsoft doesn't own anything pertaining to the franchise. Konami is publishing these titles. Microsoft might have paid Konami to make sure it stays exclusive (not like Sony or Nintendo cares anyway). Quantum Theory might end up being way better than NNN2 so it just shows how high Sony's quality controls attention to detail is. If you tally average exclusives its not going to help anything for Microsoft. Microsoft might close out 2010 better than Sony but 2011 will be all Sony until Gears 3 launches. Microsoft is relying too much on second and third party titles. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
    MrBubbles said:
    S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft really needs to drop this franchise as an exclusive. Sony dropped Quantum Theory and I feel that was in the best interest of quality.

microsoft owns this.  sony never owned quantum theory afaik...

First of all Microsoft doesn't own anything pertaining to the franchise. Konami is publishing these titles. Microsoft might have paid Konami to make sure it stays exclusive (not like Sony or Nintendo cares anyway). Quantum Theory might end up being way better than NNN2 so it just shows how high Sony's quality controls attention to detail is. If you tally average exclusives its not going to help anything for Microsoft. Microsoft might close out 2010 better than Sony but 2011 will be all Sony until Gears 3 launches. Microsoft is relying too much on second and third party titles. 

first of all... MICROSOFT OWNS NINETY NINE NIGHTS.  IT IS THEIR FRANCHISE. IT BELONGS TO THEM (MICROSOFT).  microsoft let konami publish the second game. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur