By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Ninety-Nine Nights 2 Review

GodOfWar_3ever said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I can't believe somebody said this was one of MS most important exclusives this year...

• Halo Reach
  • Fable III
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • Kinectimals
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Dance Central
  • Alan Wake
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • Crackdown 2
  • I think it is not even in the top10 for MS.

Really, try harder.

Its big in Japan I guess

But seriously though...MS is lagging behind Sony and Nintendo in terms of first party exclusives. They really have to work on creating some new IPs.

5 of the 10 I listed are new IPs.

Are you looking forward to

• Infamous 2
    • Killzone 3
    • GT 5
    • Twisted Metal (4)
    • Final Fantasy 14
    • Socom 4

?

Judging by your name, you enjoyed God of War 3. Uncharted 3 will be a first day buy for you, too. I really wonder why Sony did not anounce a Resistance 3 at E3.

---

seriously: sequels are common sense in this industry. There are a few new IPs every gen (Gears, Uncharted, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain) but the big sellers are mostly sequels. This is not just a MS problem. But hey, this is what the people want. Next year will be no different. There are only a few selected new IPs like Agent or Kingdom. The best selling HD game will most likely be Gears of War 3.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

But.. But it has ONE MIRRION TROOPS!!!

ROFL!!!!!

DirtyP2002 said:
    GodOfWar_3ever said:
    DirtyP2002 said:

I can't believe somebody said this was one of MS most important exclusives this year...

• Halo Reach
  • Fable III
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • Kinectimals
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Dance Central
  • Alan Wake
  • Crackdown 2

Really, try harder.

Its big in Japan I guess

But seriously though...MS is lagging behind Sony and Nintendo in terms of first party exclusives. They really have to work on creating some new IPs.

• Infamous 2
    • Killzone 3
    • GT 5
    • Twisted Metal (4)
    • Final Fantasy 14
    • Socom 4

?

Judging by your name, you enjoyed God of War 3. Uncharted 3 will be a first day buy for you, too. I really wonder why Sony did not anounce a Resistance 3 at E3.

---

seriously: sequels are common sense in this industry. There are a few new IPs every gen (Gears, Uncharted, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain) but the big sellers are mostly sequels. This is not just a MS problem. But hey, this is what the people want. Next year will be no different. There are only a few selected new IPs like Agent or Kingdom. The best selling HD game will most likely be Gears of War 3.

Edit : I've decided that I don't want to be banned because one mopre ban = permaban for me, although I don't think my post was ban worthy.

DirtyP2002 said:
    GodOfWar_3ever said:
    DirtyP2002 said:

• Halo Reach
  • Fable III
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • Kinectimals
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Dance Central
  • Alan Wake
  • Crackdown 2

Really, try harder.

Its big in Japan I guess

• Infamous 2
    • Killzone 3
    • GT 5
    • Twisted Metal (4)
    • Final Fantasy 14
    • Socom 4

?

---

Sequels aren't bad. In fact, they are awesome.

As seen in my other post, I'm just saying that the number of series MS have in their hands are low. T

hey should create new IPs to add to their already pretty awesome line up.

Around the Network

@GodofWar_3ever Technically, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Lost Odessey, Blue Dragon, Too Human aren't  1st or 2nd Party Exclusives. They're all 3rd Party. Microsoft doesn't own the Gears IP nor do they own Epic Games so they're 3rd Party, I dunno if MS owns Alan Wake IP but they don't own Remedy and Mistwalker isn't owned by MS either. They're all 3rd Party.

But must we really bring a list wars here?

NNN2 is a shit game so that's all there is to this thread. I don't think we need to get into arguments here...

Cross-X said:

@GodofWar_3ever Technically, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Lost Odessey, Blue Dragon, Too Human aren't  1st or 2nd Party Exclusives. They're all 3rd Party. Microsoft doesn't own the Gears IP nor do they own Epic Games so they're 3rd Party, I dunno if MS owns Alan Wake IP but they don't own Remedy and Mistwalker isn't owned by MS either. They're all 3rd Party.

NNN2 is a shit game so that's all there is to this thread. I don't think we need to get into arguments here...

They are 2nd party. The games itself are published by MS, but the devs are not owned by them. 

and DirtyP2002 started the list war...not me.

GodOfWar_3ever said:
    Cross-X said:

They are 2nd party. The games itself are published by MS, but the devs are not owned by them. 

I thought if MS owns the IP but developed by a Studio not owned by them, that's 2nd Party (just like how Sucker Punch and Insomiac are 2nd Party). But I know that Gears of War is definitely 3rd Party.

Yeh I know you didn't start the list wars but I just don't want people gettin banned and shit for bringing up list wars and people arguing back. I just stay away from such trouble.

"Gameplay
    This style of gameplay was boring after Dynasty Warriors 2, and even more so several years later."

This is all you need to read to see the worth of this review.....

Sadly I think there'll never be true reviews for DW fans to base themselves onto...

How much did Hokuto Musou get?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Cross-X said:
    GodOfWar_3ever said:
    Cross-X said:

I thought if MS owns the IP but developed by a Studio not owned by them, that's 2nd Party (just like how Sucker Punch and Insomiac are 2nd Party). But I know that Gears of War is definitely 3rd Party.

Yeh I know you didn't start the list wars but I just don't want people gettin banned and shit for bringing up list wars and people arguing back. I just stay away from such trouble.

I thought when you MS is the publisher, it is second party. Like Remedy and Alan Wake. Remedy made the game, MS published it --> 2nd party. Same now with MS and Crytek.

At the end of the day, nobody actually cares about 1st / 2nd or 3rd party exclusives. The main point is that it is exclusive and not playable on any other console. That is all the customer cares for.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...