By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Ninety-Nine Nights 2 Review

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1104862p1.html

4 Presentation
Nothing about the game's presentation stands out in any way, with it more often feeling forced and out of date.
5 Graphics
It's not the worst looking game, but it sure is one of the most uninventive looking games you'll see this year.
4.5 Sound
The voice acting is bad, the music is bad, and the sound effects are, wait for it...bad!
4.5 Gameplay
This style of gameplay was boring after Dynasty Warriors 2, and even more so several years later.
3.5 Lasting Appeal
You could spend hours playing N3II, but why the heck would you want to?
OVERALL
Poor
(out of 10)

The first one received 5.6/10

It's very frustrating for those who were expecting it I'm sure.

The trailers were fun to watch though.

Around the Network

Waon Mirron Trwoopz?

the reviewer clearly was going to be harsh on the game before he even played it.   he states he doesnt like this sort of hack and slash.   and the fact that so many people even go and buy every single dynasty warriors iteration shows that there is a lot of people who dont find it boring....and if they can stand all those games then they will probably really love this game.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Microsoft really needs to drop this franchise as an exclusive. Sony dropped Quantum Theory and I feel that was in the best interest of quality.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft really needs to drop this franchise as an exclusive. Sony dropped Quantum Theory and I feel that was in the best interest of quality.

microsoft owns this.  sony never owned quantum theory afaik...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

ugh..Well will most likely be passing on this.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

And I knew this would happen...

I find Dynasty Warrior style HacknSlash so boring and NNN and NNN2 are no different. Just pure boredom...

ouch

GameTrailers Review: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-hd-ninety-nine-nights/701550

OUCH! one after another, ms really needs to pick up on their exclusives it seems

Joystiq

A brutal combination of brain-numbing monotony and maddening aggravation. Unless you're in dire need of a Dynasty Warriors-esque fix, Ninety-Nine Nights 2 is not for you.

40/100

1UP

Decidedly average and forgettable. While you can extract some fun from taking down large swaths of enemies with a friend, the repetitive combat can't sustain the 20-plus hour campaign.

50/100

Don't know what Gamespot gave this game still, but two of my most valued review sites giving this game such low marks can't be a good sign..how long has this been in development doesn anyone know?

ps: I forgot almost! isn't this One Mirrionnnnnn trooooooops!?

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!