By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gametrailers Biggest E3 2010 Dissapointment: Zelda

I was disappointed when it was being demoed.

Afterwards, reading impressions and seeing more videos... I want more.

The graphics will grow on me!

Around the Network

Seriously guys, seriously:

I was a little disapointed with the actaul presentation, but the game itself looks amazing.  I love the graphical style and graphics are good, just not amazings (very low poly trees).  I'm really looking forward to it!

Yes eveybody bitch about the graphics as the demo was to show the gameplay mechanics! The level show was not even one of the game but a special made one! And regarding the gameplay department it looks rock solid so we can be pretty confident about the title.

Personnaly about the style, as some i was shocked first because i thought about more "real" graphics because of the MH3 Iwata statement, but if you take a closer look of the video and screenshots the style give a really nice clear look of the characters and environment. Also don't underestimate Miyamoto-San, the graphic style was also dicted by the gameplay to allow a better view of the enemies actions during the fights, i am pretty confident both gameplay and graphics will support each other for an uncomparable gaming experience.

But we must first concentrate ourselves on the way to entertain people, for video games to live. Else, it's a world where sales representative will win, which has as effect to kill creativity. I want to say to the creators all around the world:"Courage, Dare!". Shigeru Miyamoto.

I 100% agree with them. The new Zelda doesn't look epic at all. It looks more like a Zelda spin-off rather than a full new entry in the main series.

Ninpanda said:

With the amount of hype behind it, it was literally impossible for the game not to disappoint. C'mon, people started screaming; "this game will be the next messiah!!1" before seeing anything but an oil painting.

Before E3, I wasn't hyped about the next Zelda, unlike most people. And now, after E3, I'm very hyped about it, unlike most people.

Marketeers love and live for statements like this. Shows them that they are doing their job in getting consumers excited and collectively, it creates a group mentality where the game is good no matter what those honest, thorough mean and hater critics think.

I feel the same way about any new Fallout game or Legacy of Kain game.

Around the Network

I was disappointed because we learnt very little about the story of the game. The demo was all about the gameplay and nothing more.

VGChartz

I think the demo was more about gameplay mechanics and less about overall story and gameplay (elaborate dungeon puzzles and such).

People need to chillax. Miyamoto has a pretty good track record.

I would have been dissapointed if the graphics looked more realisitic than TP.

I would like to say something on this matter ...but i dont think i can... i mean ... someone is saying that zelda is not good... sorry but this just goes beyond my logic ...

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Yeah, from the way they positioned that I have to agree.

They acknowledge it was the most impressive motion useage at the show (keep trying Move/Kinect) but Nintendo didn't really reveal any of the epicness fanboys would be hoping to see.   They focused solely on gameplay and while it worked great, it still feels a little like been there, done that.

I love the visual style but I know many were hoping for a more realistic look.

Also, as far as Kinect/Move/Goldeneye - everyone went in with a huge dose of skepticism and mediocre expectations which Move achieved - mediocre and kinect failed to achieve.  Goldeneye other than being the revival of a fan favorite didn't look impressive in any way, not even for a Wii FPS.  But no one had any real expectations for it so it's hard to disappoint.

Zelda however had everyone expecting a truly mind blowing experience, and that it wasn't, at least this display wasn't, the end game might well be, hence the award.

I'll agree up to a point. I definitely felt a little deflated upon seeing it, just because we were all expecting the kind of realism to put Twilight Princess and Monster Hunter 3 to shame.

Expectations are 9/10ths of satisfaction. Much like how people were disappointed with Nintendo in 08 and 09 for not showing Zelda, now they're disappointed in them not showing the Zelda they expected to see.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.