By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gametrailers Biggest E3 2010 Dissapointment: Zelda

Although I don't agree with Jim Sterling of Destructoid in a lot of things, this video is a pretty funny response to the complaints of Zelda after E3. Warning, Not Safe For Work at some points.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-jimquisition-hey-zelda-fans-stfu--178034.phtml

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

eh, graphics are fine. I think the problem wasn't the graphics it was the presentation. Nintendo tried to sell the idea of Experience this E3 and I felt that the Zelda showing was really poor on that. I know they are claiming it's a Blue Tooth problem and maybe it is. But BT isn't that uncommon these days. They didn't show anything but the how the game controls that's it.

Also keep in mind that TP was the last in the classic Zelda style. So there is something going on more than they are letting on. Keep in mind that this time Link is a Sky Dweller. Anyone remember the Sky Ruins in TP? I guess that's his home. Now what do Sky Cities do? they move. Anyone notice a signifigant change in regards to another Nintendo franchise? MG2 notice how they threw out the classic Hub for a flying ship? Flying City anyone? I think Zeld's hub world will be gone this time and in place will be somekind of overworld flying map. Some places will be locked off by storms or mountains. But there won't be a hub world. and from what I hear that his sword returns him back to the city... yeah no hub. 

I'm looking forward to trying this game out, but I was left very dissapointed with how the showing went in regards to the controls. Though I will wait to try it out personally.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I think they are just trying to be unpredictable as they gave best graphic to Kirby and now the most disappointing Zelda. I'm glad Zelda   didn't look like Kirby.

Soriku said:

Meh, every Zelda game and other popular series are expected to get backlash. Hell, people were bashing TWW back in the day, right? And lots of people love that now. Nothing new here, tbh. It's a console Zelda, it's not going to be bad.

This. I can't agree more. IMHO, WW has the magic touch the other Zelda don't have. The 'I-want-mature-3D-cause-i-am-snobcore' doesn't interest me. I am sure the first topics when it will be out will praise the awesome controls. Graphics, are only a way to wow yourself at the first seconds of a game. Then, when you're in for a couple of hours, what you want is a game experience, and you forget the graphics. You all need a good fix of Metroid Prime to understand that.

Oh totally offtopic btw, but I am playing ME2 and I am bored, it has awesome graphics pushed to the limits, but I feel Its a copy paste of ME1. 

Killy_Vorkosigan said:
Soriku said:

Meh, every Zelda game and other popular series are expected to get backlash. Hell, people were bashing TWW back in the day, right? And lots of people love that now. Nothing new here, tbh. It's a console Zelda, it's not going to be bad.

This. I can't agree more. IMHO, WW has the magic touch the other Zelda don't have. The 'I-want-mature-3D-cause-i-am-snobcore' doesn't interest me. I am sure the first topics when it will be out will praise the awesome controls. Graphics, are only a way to wow yourself at the first seconds of a game. Then, when you're in for a couple of hours, what you want is a game experience, and you forget the graphics. You all need a good fix of Metroid Prime to understand that.

Oh totally offtopic btw, but I am playing ME2 and I am bored, it has awesome graphics pushed to the limits, but I feel Its a copy paste of ME1. 

Couldnt agree more. Anyway why complain know? youve been playing zelda for years if your tired of it stop playing.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:

Although I don't agree with Jim Sterling of Destructoid in a lot of things, this video is a pretty funny response to the complaints of Zelda after E3. Warning, Not Safe For Work at some points.

Lol, I was just about to post this... made me laugh. 

He does love to swear :P, though his argument is definitely true... Zelda fans are spoilt brats XD..~edit~ Correction, *some* zelda fans are spoilt brats.

Myak-04 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Lol, I was just about to post this... made me laugh. 

He does love to swear :P, though his argument is definitely true... Zelda fans are spoilt brats XD..~edit~ Correction, *some* zelda fans are spoilt brats.

Yeah, I'm a Zelda fan, but I keep my head clear about it.

I can't wait to see what Skyward Sword and OoT 3DS are like.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

palancas7 said:

Graphics.

it not graphics... art direction its atrocious. and the game had some bugs to make it looks worse.

well at least nintendo presentation was live.

Jo21 said:
palancas7 said:

Graphics.

it not graphics... art direction its atrocious. and the game had some bugs to make it looks worse.

Maybe you are able to see things I am not. What bugs are you talking about? Because I didn't see any.
Save for the Beatle.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
Jo21 said:
palancas7 said:

Graphics.

What bugs are you talking about? Because I didn't see any.
Save for the Beatle.