By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gametrailers Biggest E3 2010 Dissapointment: Zelda

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/most-disappointing-best-of-e3/701254

wow, looks like no one puts their money in the new zelda.... and honestly, I don't really agree with them..... but I can' t blame them.

Around the Network

Kinda expecting, every new Zelda is expecting to be groundbreaking and innovative but since Wind Waker things are quite calm for the series. Maybe a break, a reboot or new direction can refresh the franchise.

Truthfully..i had much higher expectations. it looked ok though. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I was disappointed. After the comments saying they were competing with the graphics of Monster Hunter Tri I was shocked it looked kiddy. I feel Nintendo wanted to attract new gamers than to please their core gamers. Me being a newbie to Zelda was disappointed. 

Graphics.

Around the Network
dany612 said:

I was disappointed. After the comments saying they were competing with the graphics of Monster Hunter Tri I was shocked it looked kiddy. I feel Nintendo wanted to attract new gamers than to please their core gamers. Me being a newbie to Zelda was disappointed. 

Please explain.  Because you seriously lost me with the last two sentences.

Argh, I can't get the video to play!  What were the other nominees?

I honestly don't know what other game is doing anything half as interesting with motion controls.  You've got a million dance games, fitness games, minigame collections, and racing games that have you jump all over your house, some great marble-tilting games (I always love those), Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, and the new Zelda.

We already know Zelda will have the best story, level design, characters, and music.  Red Steel 2 had amazing music, presentation, and sword/gun controls, but didn't really have a story or character development.  And it needed a map.  But this new Zelda had amazing sword/bomb/whip/beetle controls, and you could switch between them all really fast.  Are they complaining about the controls, or wait... is it all whining about the beautiful and original art style even though we've only seen one single area in the E3 demo?  I can't wait to see what that art style looks like for underwater areas, lava areas, a marketplace, evil dark shadowy areas, or boss battles.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

I honestly don't know what other game is doing anything half as interesting with motion controls.  You've got a million dance games, fitness games, minigame collections, and racing games that have you jump all over your house, some great marble-tilting games (I always love those), Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel 2, and the new Zelda.

Child of Eden deserves mention here.

I don't judge books by their covers. Especially ones with Zelda in the title....but feel free. That's our MTV culture, right?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i sorta agree with them, i think the biggest mistake in this zelda is the graphics. i loved twilight princess's look and atomsphere and nintendo went more to the windwaker side, which makes me not wana get this right away, like i do with every zelda that launches.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1