By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gametrailers Biggest E3 2010 Dissapointment: Zelda

I was also disappointed. The visuals are not what I expect from a Zelda game. It seems like he's in freaking Wonderland!

Around the Network

I don't think Nintendo ever meant to make Zelda a dark series. I think that TP was a throwback to fans who had been screaming over it for years, and wanted an OOT remake. I think that WW was the best Zelda game since OOT by a longshot, and I wouldn't prejudge this game based just on the graphics. It'll probably be a fucking  Zelda game so it's got that going for it. Been in development for a while I'd expect, and Miyamoto and all, so yeah, well see. Anyone wanna bet the meta?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

I don't think Nintendo ever meant to make Zelda a dark series. I think that TP was a throwback to fans who had been screaming over it for years, and wanted an OOT remake. I think that WW was the best Zelda game since OOT by a longshot, and I wouldn't prejudge this game based just on the graphics. It'll probably be a fucking  Zelda game so it's got that going for it. Been in development for a while I'd expect, and Miyamoto and all, so yeah, well see. Anyone wanna bet the meta?

They never intended to make a dark series? The original...AoL....ALttP...ehh I'll give you those.

But Majora's Mask, really? I guess the developers completely failed at not making a dark game, because that game still drags the deepest and saddest emotions from within me, from beginning to the very...last...scene... :(

All this comes down to three factors....graphics, Graphic, GRAPHICS.  I do not personally agree with this assessment.  It is rather shallow to judge the majority of the game by the graphics, but with how most people are these days with regard to this subject it is not alarming.

More likely, however, it is just this same Zelda effect I have seen each time one of the games launches.  Everyone nitpicks the hell out of it, often in contradictory ways.  Everyone always grumbles over Zelda.  everybody thinks they know what is best.  I have no doubt that Skyward Sword will be an amazing game and certainly an wonderful Zelda game.  Remember, people were ready to kill when Wind Waker's graphics were shown and that game was actually all the better having cel sahding (more expressive and flowed better). 

To end ask yourself a honest question.  Did you put up anywhere near as much fuss when Okami used a similar art style      (with regard to its expressiveness)?  No. Didn't think so.  It is just because it is Zelda. I for one encourage them to use a different style.  At least it will not suffer from "sequalitis" like certain other games that only improve the graphics by adding more polygons.

P.S. That being said I wanted to second that Majora's Mask is the best Zelda ever!

Remember, magic is just stuff science has not made boring yet.

kind of thought that kinect would get that award but whatever. It's not like this is going to be even close to mediocre. It's zelda peoples. Even four swords was great. Maybe it's being marked down because of how many awesome games nintendo is releasing and were more excited about the revivals instend of this next installment. IMO I cant believe kinect didn't win this. When I saw the Milo demo I thought of what some possibilities could be with kinect. But it seems that microsoft told every developer doing a kinect game to make it appeal to the lowest common denominater and with that we're getting a bunch of unoriginal family friendly games coming as the microsoft wants to enter the casual gamer market. Every game ( excluding child of eden) seems like a missed oppurtunity to show a new and unique way to play a game, but from what I've seen, I cant help but fell disapointed IMO.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

I thing GT picked Zelda because their expectations skyrocketed, and while the demo was amazing, it did not live up to their hype. The dissapointment was mostly GT's fault and not the game itself

Yeah whatever, I love what I've seen so far. 

I don't know why some are condemning it to a horrible fate so quickly? We technically haven't even seen the game yet. What was shown was a level designed for E3 and it won't be in the final game. 

Epicbattleaxe crew talked about it as well....they also were dissapointed with the ommission of TLG as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDOVNuZMBk

Sadly Thats still the Zelda im waiting for, TP just was not enough.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords