By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop cease Xbox 360 trade in, PreOrder list too long

I'm skeptical about getting one, I hear the so called "Ring of Disc Death" is worse than ever, and that if you so much as touch the 360 while the disc is loading there is a good chance you scratched it.

Around the Network
STEKSTAV said:

Alot of sales to existing owners it seems. They've got the same trade in deal at alot of places around the world,..

Unlike the PS3 slim where features were removed..

Troll much lately? Considering the 360 Slim is only out in NA in small quantities "alot of places around the world" somewhat loses its value... And nothing was removed with the PS3 slim..

You may wonder why theere are only limited quantities of 360 slims available.. the reason is quite simple: MS gains nothing from selling the slim at the moment. practically all units go to people already owning an Xbox (given that there are roughly 5000-8000 units/week that need replacing in NA). Nothing to gain here. Only with the Kinect stuff will there be new customers.

drkohler said:
STEKSTAV said:

Alot of sales to existing owners it seems. They've got the same trade in deal at alot of places around the world,..

Troll much lately? Considering the 360 Slim is only out in NA in small quantities "alot of places around the world" somewhat loses its value... And nothing was removed with the PS3 slim..

You may wonder why theere are only limited quantities of 360 slims available.. the reason is quite simple: MS gains nothing from selling the slim at the moment. practically all units go to people already owning an Xbox (given that there are roughly 5000-8000 units/week that need replacing in NA). Nothing to gain here. Only with the Kinect stuff will there be new customers.

Wrong, OtherOS was removed.

I went to Gamestop to see how much money I could get for these games. They said I would get 15 $ for Lego Indiana Jones and 40 $ for Dragon Age : Origins.  And then I ask them how much I could get for Red Dead Redemption, and they said 30 $. Before I was thinking I would get somewhere between 40 - 45 $. But 30 $ ?!?! Wow. I ended up trading both for God of War 3.

Sorry for going off topic, but I just had to say.

OT : I still can't find any 360 Slims.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Why are so many people bringing up the fact existing owners are buying the new 360 as if that didn't happen with the PS3 Slim? I myself will be buying a 360S but I'm still keeping my 120GB Elite. I want to have a 360 in the bedroom and one in the livingroom.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Seece said:
disolitude said:

Congrats to microsoft on making a desired hardware device...

But I really dislike Gamestop. Another example of them not honoring promotions...

Just earlier this week I went to trade my xbox for the slim, and I was hoping to use the credit I got when I traded 6 of my games for Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2 to pay for the difference. Except I did this in February and March...and apparently the games I traded in back then have to be refunded back to me and traded in again for the system.

The problem is that they were worth 120 bucks 3 months ago but are worth 60 today according to their tradein values...

So F them!

How do they even get away with that? they've had your games for 3 months, they owe you what they said you'd get. I'd argue that.

I donèt have the patience to argue with teenagers and their overweight managers. This wasnt the first time that their policy screwed me... Ive realized that what they give with their promotion, they take back some other way. So screw them...Ill sell my 2nd xbox myself and buy a slim eventually

dude i work at gamestop, i know most all trading is bull but that is seriously fucked, under no circumstances are they allowed to do that, next time make em put it on an edge card or take it up with the DM, if the DM doesnt do anything call corporate customer service, one of the two things will get your money back.

Holy hell tripled 360 sales in the Americas! The 360 was only 16k under the Wii! MS struck gold this month, with all those people buying 360s I see why Gamestop stopped it.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
drkohler said:
STEKSTAV said:

First - If you're going to bitch and cry and quote me, please use the whole quote. I said the trade in deals are the same all over the world, and that the added price to those who trade in is on par with what an external wifi adapter and hdd cost. Didnt say WW sales caused the issue in the topic, i did however claim that trade ins caused the deal at gamestop to die. And recent sales numbers confirmed my theory of strong trade in sales.

Secondly
360S added built in wifi, HDD, Kinect comp, touch sensitive buttons etc.
PS3S removed Other OS, touch sensitive buttons, slide tray, BC, 2 USB ports, memory card reader etc.

So if people traded in their xbox I guess they would lose all their old saved files unless they either used xbox live migration kit or memory card.  How many people will do this probably not enough but I suppose most don't really care.  I would care if I lost all my saved data on my Wii though....   I just wondered how many people would actually transfer their data.  

Ha I love meltdowns!

OT: So the demand for the 360 is actually really high...MS better start making consoles faster!