By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop cease Xbox 360 trade in, PreOrder list too long

I'm glad I was able to get a trade in here in Canada. I didn't know there was a deal on till yesterday! glad I got it too cause the new 360 is sweetness!!!

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

Sounds like a Sony fan on damage control to me.. I traded in for it for several reasons. 1. My old HDD was only 20 gig and this one is 250. 2. The big clunky model heats the hells out of my room, and this one should run more efficiently and on less heat. 3. I've had my old model for 5 years, so I figured might as well get rid of it before it breaks, which being from MS, is likely to happen. 4. It has HDMI, and my 2005 model does not. 5.Built in Wifi. 6. Gamestop had a great deal for it and I esentially only have to pay $60 for this one after the old console and stuff I don't need anymore with it. 7. It looks pretty damn cool.

I think only $60 for all this is a pretty good deal.

O-D-C said:

wow I guess the new 360 really IS that desirable

To the extent that someone wanting to get a new one, and couldn't find it, got talked out of getting an older model, because someone yelled that online play on the PS3 was superior... because it was free.  I saw this happen at a Best Buy.  The guy went and got a 360 instead.

Alot of sales to existing owners it seems. They've got the same trade in deal at alot of places around the world, and the trade in cost is basicly on par with what a wifi adapter and a bigger hd would cost if added to the old 360 elite. Atleast over here.

Unlike the PS3 slim where features were removed to make way for a price point where new customers would buy, this 360S adds value which these trade in deals take advantage of. Marketing the new 360S "from" $100.

cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

From the review that is linked in the article in the OP.

"The new Xbox 360 is a winner and I wholeheartedly recommend it for new purchasers or for people trading up from a 360 manufactured prior to the fall of 2008.  If you currently own a "Jasper" model with a 120GB or 250GB hard drive, I don't think you'll see a big enough improvement to justify the purchase unless you just like the new design."

Around the Network

That's pretty impressive. I was aware of the special but I would have never guessed people would go ape shit over it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I would have thought the rabid PS3 userbase were more likely to buy a second console or upgrade to a more stylish version than the slightly more practical (read poor) and less devoted 360 users.  The trade-ins will all eventually be sold unless the group mentioned above honestly believe they will be put in a mass grave somewhere.  Would a widening of the 110m sw gap 360 has over PS3 be proof of that?  Of course not.  Believe it or not this will have a very positive effect on the no. of 360s in use.

I'll be using my old box which works perfectly and was one of the best purchases I've made.  If an unused arcade goes for $150 what do Gamestop think they can sell the old ones for?  $125?  They'll be selling them at cost if they're' still paying $100.  Expect an adjustment there.  They'll move after the 'new' arcade stock clears out I guess.  Any chance M$ are taking a page from their competitors and 'managing' the supply channels or did they underestimate demand this badly? 

Guesses of 1m plus first month don't look quite so wild all of a sudden.  Where are those nos.?

Wow, what bull shit. They only do the trade in deal when it serves to their benefit, and then just cancel it when it doesn't.

Nice Move by GameStop

Will the PS3 be the first and most successful multi-million selling piracy & hack-free console of all time?

ghinasky said:

Nice Move by GameStop

That's a funny avatar. lol