By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop cease Xbox 360 trade in, PreOrder list too long

Hmm...its still on their website that they are offering the deal.  Now I'm worried as I was planning on doing this this week.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:

So if people traded in their xbox I guess they would lose all their old saved files unless they either used xbox live migration kit or memory card.  How many people will do this probably not enough but I suppose most don't really care.  I would care if I lost all my saved data on my Wii though....   I just wondered how many people would actually transfer their data.  

Pretty much everyone has a spare 1gb usb stick lying around to set saves aside when trading consoles.

I myself have two 16 GB sticks which I use to carry all profiles/DLC games to friends place or between my consoles...

disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:

So if people traded in their xbox I guess they would lose all their old saved files unless they either used xbox live migration kit or memory card.  How many people will do this probably not enough but I suppose most don't really care.  I would care if I lost all my saved data on my Wii though....   I just wondered how many people would actually transfer their data.  

Pretty much everyone has a spare 1gb usb stick lying around to set saves aside when trading consoles.

I myself have two 16 GB sticks which I use to carry all profiles/DLC games to friends place or between my consoles...

I'm going to need to do this if I can still get the trade in deal (i'm hoping its only for those local gamestops).  Do you have to do some sort of format or something to get them to work?  I'm really only concerned about my mass Effect (1&2) saves, but I really don't want to lose those...

epicurean said:
disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:

I'm going to need to do this if I can still get the trade in deal (i'm hoping its only for those local gamestops).  Do you have to do some sort of format or something to get them to work?  I'm really only concerned about my mass Effect (1&2) saves, but I really don't want to lose those...

Insert USB in xbox and go to memory

Choose format USB drive.

Done!

:)

You lose about 400 megs on 1 gig stick for formatting but 600 megs should be plenty to get important stuff over. Rest o the stuff one can re-download from the previous downloads list...

disolitude said:

Congrats to microsoft on making a desired hardware device...

But I really dislike Gamestop. Another example of them not honoring promotions...

Just earlier this week I went to trade my xbox for the slim, and I was hoping to use the credit I got when I traded 6 of my games for Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2 to pay for the difference. Except I did this in February and March...and apparently the games I traded in back then have to be refunded back to me and traded in again for the system.

The problem is that they were worth 120 bucks 3 months ago but are worth 60 today according to their tradein values...

So F them!

??

Did they put the store credit on a card for you, or did you put the money towards the pre-orders? Either way, they're selling you a crock of s#!t. You should be able to use that credit for whatever you want. If you want to cancel your pre-orders or whatever, it's your money and you can do with it what you want. They should never make you do what they claim you have to do. I'd ask to speak to their District Manager. Raise hell. Those employees are screwing you over.

Thence we came forth
To rebehold the stars... 

Around the Network
JonnyAtlas said:
disolitude said:

Congrats to microsoft on making a desired hardware device...

But I really dislike Gamestop. Another example of them not honoring promotions...

Just earlier this week I went to trade my xbox for the slim, and I was hoping to use the credit I got when I traded 6 of my games for Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2 to pay for the difference. Except I did this in February and March...and apparently the games I traded in back then have to be refunded back to me and traded in again for the system.

The problem is that they were worth 120 bucks 3 months ago but are worth 60 today according to their tradein values...

So F them!

??

Did they put the store credit on a card for you, or did you put the money towards the pre-orders? Either way, they're selling you a crock of s#!t. You should be able to use that credit for whatever you want. If you want to cancel your pre-orders or whatever, it's your money and you can do with it what you want. They should never make you do what they claim you have to do. I'd ask to speak to their District Manager. Raise hell. Those employees are screwing you over.

Here is the catch they have me on.

When I traded those games they were worth 120 bucks. Games in Canada are 69.99 so that was 140 bucks that was needed. At the time they had a promotion "trade 3 get 1 free". So my 6 trades were "bumped" 20 dollars to be able to preorder Crackdown 2 and Dead Rising 2.

So they are basically saying that if i want to trade my games for a console and not the games, they have to trade those games back to me and I have to trade them in again without the "20 dollar bump".

But they do not know what trade in values they had in February and March so they are saying I have to trade my games for the console at todays trade in rates.

Its alright, I want those games anyways but I was going to buy them as they come out since I'll have money put aside for them by then...

But EB games can suck it from now on.

Akvod said:

Wow, what bull shit. They only do the trade in deal when it serves to their benefit, and then just cancel it when it doesn't.

Funny that and there was  me thinking they were a business, turns out they are a 360 registered Charity.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
disolitude said:

Here is the catch they have me on.

When I traded those games they were worth 120 bucks. Games in Canada are 69.99 so that was 140 bucks that was needed. At the time they had a promotion "trade 3 get 1 free". So my 6 trades were "bumped" 20 dollars to be able to preorder Crackdown 2 and Dead Rising 2.

So they are basically saying that if i want to trade my games for a console and not the games, they have to trade those games back to me and I have to trade them in again without the "20 dollar bump".

But they do not know what trade in values they had in February and March so they are saying I have to trade my games for the console at todays trade in rates.

Its alright, I want those games anyways but I was going to buy them as they come out since I'll have money put aside for them by then...

But EB games can suck it from now on.

EB games can definitely suck it...I bought MGS PW collectors edition and just as i stepped out of the store i noticed a dent and rip in the box.  Since im still there i thought it shouldnt be a harm to ask  them for them to exchange it for a copy thats in better condition. Not too much to ask is it? ......So as i went up to the guy that sold it to me and when i asked he did give me another one but he gave me some crap excuse like how the damage mustve happened when he gave it to me in the bag?? doesnt make sense and his tone of voice was giving me attitude too.  I looked at the new copy i exchanged and even that wasnt in great condition.  I just didnt wanna bother with that douche anymore so i just left. 

disolitude said:
epicurean said:
disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:

Insert USB in xbox and go to memory

Choose format USB drive.

Done!

:)

You lose about 400 megs on 1 gig stick for formatting but 600 megs should be plenty to get important stuff over. Rest o the stuff one can re-download from the previous downloads list...

Yup, i would think that would be plenty.  I'm slightly worried about losing my "cerebus network" access in Mass Effect 2, but I think I read something that you can transfer your "online purchases" or something, so I'm hoping that works.

Will try the trade in tonight.  Really hope they are taking them here in Nebraska.

Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

Think you're being harsh on the new model. Sure, existing owners don't NEED the new model (although it is a very nice looking/performing console), but it was certainly a welcome upgrade for those of us that took the dive. Also, I'm not sure the overheating precaution will be as big a problem as one would lead you to believe.

I agree with you about the PS3 being a better deal, but the new 360 is a solid one for new comers.

"better deal", there is no better deal for anyone, we all find value in different things. Blu Ray, sony exclusives (bar LBP and Uncharted), web browser and so on, hold little value to me. Whereas what the 360 offers me, is a better deal for me.

Dude, don't take it so personal.  Not very professional to feel the need to "even the odds" when you "work" for a multi-platform gaming site.  Tsk-tsk...

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.