By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop cease Xbox 360 trade in, PreOrder list too long

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

1.) There are a multitude of reasons, say you need a bigger HD. Or your console is getting past the warrenty and this is a great chance to get a new one for a much cheaper price. Or you want wifi without paying extortionate prices. Or you just fancy the new design, touch sensitive buttons, gloss finish to go with the media set up.

2.) It's blowing money to you, but not to them. I'm sure there are some people in the world that think spending money on any video game system no matter how little, is a waste. So pointless comment.

3.) Well that comment was never going to surprise anyone was it.

4.) This is INSTEAD of it RROD. Which is pretty rare in new models anyway. So don't make out this will be happening everytime you boot up halo.

I've had my Elite for nearly 3 years now, I havn't even seen a RROD in real life. With the new reliability, I very much doubt I'll ever see it shutdown either.

A choice between you losing your save, and the console shutting down OR you losing your save, and the console bricking. Hmmmm tough choice!

Next time think before posting yes?

CGI-Quality said:
cmeese47 said:

Think you're being harsh on the new model. Sure, existing owners don't NEED the new model (although it is a very nice looking/performing console), but it was certainly a welcome upgrade for those of us that took the dive. Also, I'm not sure the overheating precaution will be as big a problem as one would lead you to believe.

I agree with you about the PS3 being a better deal, but the new 360 is a solid one for new comers.

"better deal", there is no better deal for anyone, we all find value in different things. Blu Ray, sony exclusives (bar LBP and Uncharted), web browser and so on, hold little value to me. Whereas what the 360 offers me, is a better deal for me.

Oh man, I'm trying to find 149.99 - 249.99 360's and their either sold out or their still at 299.99 * COUGH * Walmart * COUGH *. I may just have to buy a 360 Slim !

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

The slims are spiked the sales insanely, a week or too before it was released I went to bestbuy for an Arcade and they have piles or Arcades and Elites. There were atleast 30 in total unbundled. I went the week i was released to return a Wireless Router and there were 2 Xboxes, one Arcade and one Slim. In comparison there were 8 PS3s, and stacks of the Best Buy pointless bundles. People were sucking them up like crazy! Usually that Best Buy always is stocked to the max with 360s. I'm going to wait for the US sales to come in this week to see how much this spread.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

And I really wanted to get it too.

this is all completly true.  I work for Gamestop and we've got a list of 50 people on the pre order list for the console.  The biggest pre-orders we've ever had since the Wii was constantly out of stock. This thing is going to be massive and our Kinect pre-orders are huge too. 

I don't want to troll here but maybe this is more a sign of the old X360s being unpopular (due to low reliability, noice, heat etc) more than a sign of the Slim being attractive?

I always had the impression that X360s have terrible trade in value (rufly $100), although I only am familiar with the Swedish second hand market in this case. Not only cos of reliability/heat/nice but also because many of those boxes are modded and/or banned from Xbox Live.

I took advantage of their trade in deal last friday and couldn't be happier.  The new 360 is awesome looking and the extra hard drive space is nice as well.  I got over $200 in trade for my system, wifi adapter, and memory card.  I don't feel I got ripped off in the least bit when you consider a brand new elite with 2 games is $250.  Quite the contrary, I think Gamestop was paying to much for the equipment...and obviously alot of gamers felt the same way.

You have to pick and choose when you trade games and systems in at Gamestop.  The only time I trade games into them is when they give the 40-50 percent trade bonus on games.  Combine that with the edge card and you get pretty good value on your games.  Plus it's much easier than trying to Ebay your stuff.

LOL @ everyone trying to trade in their old 360. MS is gonna sell a lot of systems but it's user base is gonna be the same. I hope they are selling this hardware at a profit.