By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop cease Xbox 360 trade in, PreOrder list too long

disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:
Lolcislaw said:

I did not even notice that there is a slim 360 coming out. Apart form obvious size differences and overall estethics, does it come with any different hardware ? Or is it just a redesign?

runs quieter not too sure what else..

Smaller

Built in wifi 802.11 n

More USB ports

250 GB hard driveisntad of 120

Touch sensitive buttons

These are nice changes, but nothing substantial. I think i will stay with my arcade (plus 20GB disk) 

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
disolitude said:
sethnintendo said:
Lolcislaw said:

I did not even notice that there is a slim 360 coming out. Apart form obvious size differences and overall estethics, does it come with any different hardware ? Or is it just a redesign?

runs quieter not too sure what else..

Smaller

Built in wifi 802.11 n

More USB ports

250 GB hard driveisntad of 120

Touch sensitive buttons

These are nice changes, but nothing substantial. I think i will stay with my arcade (plus 20GB disk) 

There is also a dedicated "Kinect" port, that will allow you to plug in the Kinect with no other power supply.  For the original 360, a USB port and wall plug is necessary for kinect.  This is not really a selling point as far as I am concerned, but it is a difference.

I traded in my arcade towards an S and it is a sexy little minx of a system.  Aside from that however, it is not a necessary upgrade.

Jordahn said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

Think you're being harsh on the new model. Sure, existing owners don't NEED the new model (although it is a very nice looking/performing console), but it was certainly a welcome upgrade for those of us that took the dive. Also, I'm not sure the overheating precaution will be as big a problem as one would lead you to believe.

I agree with you about the PS3 being a better deal, but the new 360 is a solid one for new comers.

"better deal", there is no better deal for anyone, we all find value in different things. Blu Ray, sony exclusives (bar LBP and Uncharted), web browser and so on, hold little value to me. Whereas what the 360 offers me, is a better deal for me.

Dude, don't take it so personal.  Not very professional to feel the need to "even the odds" when you "work" for a multi-platform gaming site.  Tsk-tsk...

"Even the odds", what on earth are you going on about, I was replying to CGI civally without breaking any rules. Staff are allowed opinions here you know ...

disolitude said:
JonnyAtlas said:
disolitude said:

Congrats to microsoft on making a desired hardware device...

But I really dislike Gamestop. Another example of them not honoring promotions...

Just earlier this week I went to trade my xbox for the slim, and I was hoping to use the credit I got when I traded 6 of my games for Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2 to pay for the difference. Except I did this in February and March...and apparently the games I traded in back then have to be refunded back to me and traded in again for the system.

The problem is that they were worth 120 bucks 3 months ago but are worth 60 today according to their tradein values...

So F them!

??

Did they put the store credit on a card for you, or did you put the money towards the pre-orders? Either way, they're selling you a crock of s#!t. You should be able to use that credit for whatever you want. If you want to cancel your pre-orders or whatever, it's your money and you can do with it what you want. They should never make you do what they claim you have to do. I'd ask to speak to their District Manager. Raise hell. Those employees are screwing you over.

Here is the catch they have me on.

When I traded those games they were worth 120 bucks. Games in Canada are 69.99 so that was 140 bucks that was needed. At the time they had a promotion "trade 3 get 1 free". So my 6 trades were "bumped" 20 dollars to be able to preorder Crackdown 2 and Dead Rising 2.

So they are basically saying that if i want to trade my games for a console and not the games, they have to trade those games back to me and I have to trade them in again without the "20 dollar bump".

But they do not know what trade in values they had in February and March so they are saying I have to trade my games for the console at todays trade in rates.

Its alright, I want those games anyways but I was going to buy them as they come out since I'll have money put aside for them by then...

But EB games can suck it from now on.

Ah, I see. So the issue is the "get one free" deal, where you weren't really getting $20 actual credit, but a game for free as part of a promo. I guess that makes sense, but they should still be able to work something out. If they aren't willing to try making it work out for you, I would suggest raising a bit of hell higher up the food chain. GameStop/Eb are now focusing on "customer first" (at least here in the States), so you should be able to get someone to help make it work.

RE: OT -

Just found out today GS is still doing the trade bonus as advertised, they just aren't taking pre-orders anymore because they have no idea how long it will take to fill existing orders. My store down the road got six in the Friday of E3 (which sold out in 45 minutes) and they haven't received another shipment since. Who knows when M$ is going to ship more systems. So, if a GS actually has the new consoles in stock, you can still get the trade bonuses as advertised.

Oh, and they're giving $200 store credit for any PS3 now as well, so if any of you PS3 owners want to switch teams...

Thence we came forth
To rebehold the stars... 

Sony is in trouble

Love is whats most important.