By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GameStop cease Xbox 360 trade in, PreOrder list too long

Jordahn said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

Think you're being harsh on the new model. Sure, existing owners don't NEED the new model (although it is a very nice looking/performing console), but it was certainly a welcome upgrade for those of us that took the dive. Also, I'm not sure the overheating precaution will be as big a problem as one would lead you to believe.

I agree with you about the PS3 being a better deal, but the new 360 is a solid one for new comers.

"better deal", there is no better deal for anyone, we all find value in different things. Blu Ray, sony exclusives (bar LBP and Uncharted), web browser and so on, hold little value to me. Whereas what the 360 offers me, is a better deal for me.

Dude, don't take it so personal.  Not very professional to feel the need to "even the odds" when you "work" for a multi-platform gaming site.  Tsk-tsk...

He's just stating a fact....its all opinion in the end.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Jordahn said:
Seece said:
CGI-Quality said:
cmeese47 said:

There is no reason to buy a new 360 when you own one this is ridiculous unless the wifi is really that important. Oh well people blow your money if you want I still think the PS3 is a better deal. Plus I wonder how many game saves will be messed when the one dot of warning strikes and your 360 shuts down for 30 mins to an hour. 

Think you're being harsh on the new model. Sure, existing owners don't NEED the new model (although it is a very nice looking/performing console), but it was certainly a welcome upgrade for those of us that took the dive. Also, I'm not sure the overheating precaution will be as big a problem as one would lead you to believe.

I agree with you about the PS3 being a better deal, but the new 360 is a solid one for new comers.

"better deal", there is no better deal for anyone, we all find value in different things. Blu Ray, sony exclusives (bar LBP and Uncharted), web browser and so on, hold little value to me. Whereas what the 360 offers me, is a better deal for me.

Dude, don't take it so personal.  Not very professional to feel the need to "even the odds" when you "work" for a multi-platform gaming site.  Tsk-tsk...

He's just stating a fact....its all opinion in the end.

So was CGI.  No need to have to sound like a legal document to ensure you don't offend the insecure.  The 360 has spiked in sales, and it's too inconclusive and too soon to say sales will fall back to below PS3 worldwide sales.  But even this positive 360 news isn't enough to sooth the insecurity of 360 acolytes.  Go figure.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Yeh I'm still not going to get the new 360. Much like I have not picked up the PS3 slim. Hardware revisions should bring new people to a console, not make old owners upgrade. I see no reason in either revision to justify a purchase.

@disolitude, i completely forgot about usb flash drive....  At least my post led to you helping another person out....

perpride said:

Yeh I'm still not going to get the new 360. Much like I have not picked up the PS3 slim. Hardware revisions should bring new people to a console, not make old owners upgrade. I see no reason in either revision to justify a purchase.

100% agree

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

Around the Network
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i ordered 2 new 360's today, 1 for myself and the other for my wife.

I read that as one for myself and the other for my other wife.

kiefer23 said:
ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:

i ordered 2 new 360's today, 1 for myself and the other for my wife.

I read that as one for myself and the other for my other wife.

1st wife gets RROD?

I did not even notice that there is a slim 360 coming out. Apart form obvious size differences and overall estethics, does it come with any different hardware ? Or is it just a redesign?

Lolcislaw said:

I did not even notice that there is a slim 360 coming out. Apart form obvious size differences and overall estethics, does it come with any different hardware ? Or is it just a redesign?

runs quieter not too sure what else..

sethnintendo said:
Lolcislaw said:

runs quieter not too sure what else..

Smaller

Built in wifi 802.11 n

More USB ports

250 GB hard driveisntad of 120

Touch sensitive buttons