By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "It's ganna be a tough holiday for Sony"

Yeah MS will be amazing this holiday season.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Funny comment... but what where you expecting MS to say... that they lost this e3? IMO their presentation was terrible when compared to the previous 2...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

yeah tough to supply for all of the demand

Play Me

we will wait and see.

GT5 says hello :)

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
snfr said:

Does Microsoft not now that GT5 will be released this holiday? And that it will probably sell more than any 360 exclusive? Then again, it's just PR talk...

I doubt gran turismo sells more than 8 million copies.

I predict 12 million easy.

still, horrid interview. Whoever was the interviewee was a douche. If someone I interviewed started doing eh...s and eh, sures, I'd stop the interview, call them a douche to their face, and walk away. That is not how you conduct yourself during an interview.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

it would be ok if he just did the sounds but the ridiculous expressions that acompanied them were worse... was he trying to be funny?

Seece said:
A203D said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Worst E3 ever for MS, for core gaming, very mediocre and eventless E3 for Sony as well, best E3 every for any company, for Nintendo, so it's no mystery who "won" the real question is, who "lost?"

That would be Microsoft. They should have sold me a little on the redesign. I don't see why I should buy it.

Lol, yeah the M$ guy was very unconvincing. he spent more time trashing the other consoles than explaining why they won E3. Reggie and the sony bloke were on the other hand very convincing and confident and actully said what was good about their shows rather than trashing the competition.

Nah,

"we had Halo Rach, the best selling FPS exclusive this holiday season,SPACE COMBAT FTW, we had Gears, this is going to be BIG in 2011, we have a whole lot more to show on Fable with hybrid kinect gaming, we had an exclusive announcement from Crytek, ESPN is a MASSIVE deal for america, we demonstrated some solid casual titles ready for LAUNCH this november 4th, we unveiled the new sleek sexy slim Xbox 360 with built in wifi and 250GB

When he basically said

"we have a new box, we have THE exclusives, we had great casual games" in a nutshell.

Yeah i think the 360 has some good games, like Fable, Gears etc, but i think that guy in the interview was a pompous ahole. he said some pretty ridiculous things, like sony should be worried. i'm not saying that sony shouldnt be worried, but the fact that M$ are fighting back with a new peripheral shows their lack of confidence in their own console and its line up.

maybe this guy is right and M$ is about to crush the competition, but hes still just babbling, after 2 hours of kinect, we still have no price and all the demos were staged, some even said to be prerecorded. these M$ employees are a lot like politicans, all talk, nothing to back it up.

RAZurrection said:
darthdevidem01 said:

If only mainline games in COD and Halo hadn't already been released.

Halo Reach is main line. And regardless of how you see CoD:BO, World At Wars perfomance shows they have little to worry about.

darthdevidem01 said:

The top selling exclusive game of last generation on home consoles was Gran Turismo 3. (Yeah GTA:SA is but that went multiplat eventually)

I hope that adds perspective to things.

And what are the top selling exclusive games of this generation?

Right:

1.  In terms of a hardware boost Halo Reach won't give much because a mainline Halo game has already released. But with Gran Turismo 5, its the first main Gran Turismo of the generation, there are tons of racing fans in Europe waiting for this game to pick a PS3 up.

2. We are discussing the impact of GT5, so why should I care whats the best selling this generation? I showed you how powerful the Gran Turismo franchise is and how well it sold last generation, the games have massive traction.

kthnxbye

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@darthdemvidem01. i've never bought a GT before, never even played one. and i had no idea the series was such a behemoth, but from what i've seen i'm really keen on the use of head tracking in motion control, and the graphics look phenominal. it might be the first 1 i get, lol.

but in all honesty, i dont think sony needed to mention GT5 in the conference, its not the game i was interested in. i think their show wouldve been really good even without it. i'm more looking foward to dead space 2 and last guardian.