By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "It's ganna be a tough holiday for Sony"

I think MS will have a pretty good holiday for these reasons:

1. MS has new hardware

2. Halo Reach

I don't necessarily think Sony will have a bad holiday thoughl

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
A203D said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Worst E3 ever for MS, for core gaming, very mediocre and eventless E3 for Sony as well, best E3 every for any company, for Nintendo, so it's no mystery who "won" the real question is, who "lost?"

That would be Microsoft. They should have sold me a little on the redesign. I don't see why I should buy it.

Lol, yeah the M$ guy was very unconvincing. he spent more time trashing the other consoles than explaining why they won E3. Reggie and the sony bloke were on the other hand very convincing and confident and actully said what was good about their shows rather than trashing the competition.

Nah,

"we had Halo Rach, the best selling FPS exclusive this holiday season,SPACE COMBAT FTW, we had Gears, this is going to be BIG in 2011, we have a whole lot more to show on Fable with hybrid kinect gaming, we had an exclusive announcement from Crytek, ESPN is a MASSIVE deal for america, we demonstrated some solid casual titles ready for LAUNCH this november 4th, we unveiled the new sleek sexy slim Xbox 360 with built in wifi and 250GB

When he basically said

"we have a new box, we have THE exclusives, we had great casual games" in a nutshell.

Mad55 said:
snfr said:

Does Microsoft not now that GT5 will be released this holiday? And that it will probably sell more than any 360 exclusive? Then again, it's just PR talk...

I doubt gran turismo sells more than 8 million copies.

And why do you doubt that? (I just want to know it)

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

They have a very good chance this holiday season.

They have:

• Halo: Reach which will be the apex of the series coming up against some of the weakest holiday FPS competition yet as far as I can see anyway. Theres no Infinity Ward COD and Infinity Ward is dead whilst people have discovered that Treyarch != Infinity Ward since COD: WAW.
  • ESPN which will be epic for the Xbox 360 in conjunction with the new box, WiFi, Netflix, Zune Pass, Zune Movies when combined with Kinect.
  • New Xbox 360 design finally sheds the old RROD stigma especially in Europe where the houses are smaller so the noise from the 360 is much more noticeable. This is why American Xbox 360 owners don't understand why Europeans complain.
  • Kinect to open up new customers to sell Xbox 360s to.
  • Massive advertising campaign, you know they will.
  • New Live features, they always add more features every year so this year will be no different especially as they dropped the old Live on Xbox 1 to add them.

Tease.

RAZurrection said:
darthdevidem01 said:

If only mainline games in COD and Halo hadn't already been released.

Halo Reach is main line. And regardless of how you see CoD:BO, World At Wars perfomance shows they have little to worry about.

darthdevidem01 said:

The top selling exclusive game of last generation on home consoles was Gran Turismo 3. (Yeah GTA:SA is but that went multiplat eventually)

I hope that adds perspective to things.

And what are the top selling exclusive games of this generation?

Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii and Wii Play.

You can also count Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit Plus.

And when you add Wii Sports (the original) that pretty much seals the deal (I didn't add it at the beggining since it was bundled)

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
snfr said:

Does Microsoft not now that GT5 will be released this holiday? And that it will probably sell more than any 360 exclusive? Then again, it's just PR talk...

I doubt gran turismo sells more than 8 million copies.

Gran Turismo is Sony's biggest franchise. I'd be surprised if it didn't sell 10 million copies to be honest.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Worst E3 ever for MS, for core gaming, very mediocre and eventless E3 for Sony as well, best E3 every for any company, for Nintendo, so it's no mystery who "won" the real question is, who "lost?"

That would be Microsoft. They should have sold me a little on the redesign. I don't see why I should buy it.

I don't see why you should buy it either.

Tease.

We shall see. I have a better feeling about a marketing team of Sony and Coke, than Microsoft and Justin Bieber.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

did u guys see chapter 4 where the execs had a minute to say why they won the e3?

that was funny. Sony and Nintendo had lots of stuff to say (Reggie could've talked more, he forgot goldeneye)

the microsoft guy was like "...eh.. we won... we won, no controls!" that was sad, lol

microsoft its all marketing people, even if their stuff doesnt work.