By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft: "It's ganna be a tough holiday for Sony"

Does Microsoft not now that GT5 will be released this holiday? And that it will probably sell more than any 360 exclusive? Then again, it's just PR talk...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network

Whoa!

How is this going to be a tough for Sony exactly? They're literally in almost the same position they are last year. They still have a PS3 at 299 and they have GT5 coming out this Holiday. And if i remember correctly the PS3 beat down the 360 last Christmas.

Now here's the funny part, MS is in almost the exact same position as well. Except we don't have a confirmation of a new Arcade unit at 199 (and it would be stupid not to have a console at 199 for MS). And I'm sorry but i don't see an accessory moving that many consoles for them (Same deal for Sony with Move). So this is basically a repeat of last year and I honestly don't expect a ton of people to rush out and buy a new 360 just because it's redesigned.

If it's going to be tough for one company this year, I think it's Microsoft.

snfr said:

Does Microsoft not now that GT5 will be released this holiday? And that it will probably sell more than any 360 exclusive? Then again, it's just PR talk...

No, they know that it will and Halo and Call of Duty games are just bigger ...if only games in those series were being released in 2010.

snfr said:

I doubt gran turismo sells more than 8 million copies.

Around the Network

I do think that this holiday season is going to be very interesting because, unlike Microsoft, I think sales as of right now can go in favor of any of the big three

sales are going to be interesting to watch this Fall

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

RAZurrection said:
snfr said:

No, they know that it will and Halo and Call of Duty games are just bigger ...if only games in these series were being released.

If only mainline games in COD and Halo hadn't already been released.

The top selling exclusive game of last generation on home consoles was Gran Turismo 3. (Yeah GTA:SA is but that went multiplat eventually)

I hope that adds perspective to things.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Worst E3 ever for MS, for core gaming, very mediocre and eventless E3 for Sony as well, best E3 every for any company, for Nintendo, so it's no mystery who "won" the real question is, who "lost?"

That would be Microsoft. They should have sold me a little on the redesign. I don't see why I should buy it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

darthdevidem01 said:

If only mainline games in COD and Halo hadn't already been released.

Halo Reach is main line. And regardless of how you see CoD:BO, World At Wars perfomance shows they have little to worry about.

darthdevidem01 said:

The top selling exclusive game of last generation on home consoles was Gran Turismo 3. (Yeah GTA:SA is but that went multiplat eventually)

I hope that adds perspective to things.

And what are the top selling exclusive games of this generation?

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Worst E3 ever for MS, for core gaming, very mediocre and eventless E3 for Sony as well, best E3 every for any company, for Nintendo, so it's no mystery who "won" the real question is, who "lost?"

That would be Microsoft. They should have sold me a little on the redesign. I don't see why I should buy it.

Lol, yeah the M$ guy was very unconvincing. he spent more time trashing the other consoles than explaining why they won E3. Reggie and the sony bloke were on the other hand very convincing and confident and actully said what was good about their shows rather than trashing the competition.