Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazing Crysis 2 images. Simply amazing.

leo-j said:

everything they have shown was from the 360 version of CRYSIS 2

also look at RAGE on 360.. that is high up there in graphics.. like almost Uncharted 2 high up there


What? Stop with the PS3 Exclusive tone. Thats so last year. 

Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage all beat Uncharted 2 easily. 

Come to think of it now games are all looking so good it's stupid to call anything better than anything else.

Vanquish, Rage, Bulletstorm, KZ3, Gears 3, Crysis 2, Reach, Enslaved to name a few are all amazing beyond anything out now in game engine. Some of these games are throwing around huge scale and masses of onscreen action with loads of particles and effects. 

It's pointless to say anything is better than anything else. Crysis 2 sits atop. But there is nothing between the rest. They all beat existing games IMO. 

This notion of PS3 can only do it. Has been compleely nullified by 5 multiplat games and 2 exclusive 360 games showing it plays in exactly the same ballpark as PS3. If anything this E3 showed that significantly. 

You can add Brink to those games to. 6 multiplats. 

And we are yet to see another definate contender Cryteks Kingdoms.



Around the Network
selnor said:

 

What? Stop with the PS3 Exclusive tone. Thats so last year. 

Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage all beat Uncharted 2 easily. 

Come to think of it now games are all looking so good it's stupid to call anything better than anything else.

Vanquish, Rage, Bulletstorm, KZ3, Gears 3, Crysis 2, Reach, Enslaved to name a few are all amazing beyond anything out now in game engine. Some of these games are throwing around huge scale and masses of onscreen action with loads of particles and effects. 

It's pointless to say anything is better than anything else. Crysis 2 sits atop. But there is nothing between the rest. They all beat existing games IMO. 

This notion of PS3 can only do it. Has been compleely nullified by 5 multiplat games and 2 exclusive 360 games showing it plays in exactly the same ballpark as PS3. If anything this E3 showed that significantly. 

You can add Brink to those games to. 6 multiplats. 

And we are yet to see another definate contender Cryteks Kingdoms.



So Selnor, what you're basically saying multiple times in this post of yours is that... you're saying stupid thing?

 

:D

 

IMO, nothing presented this year beats God of War 3's graphics.  But you can twist even that any way you may want. :P




Will my new rig be able to handle this... This is sick... That looks really like CGI....

 

OC'd Phenom X6 1090T

HD5870

8GB DDR3

 

C'mon Crytek don't make me cry...



leo-j said:

everything they have shown was from the 360 version of CRYSIS 2

also look at RAGE on 360.. that is high up there in graphics.. like almost Uncharted 2 high up there


That's not true. I was watching a stream of Crysis 2 gameplay and during the gameplay the player either alt tabbed, or something bugged, but you could see it was clearly being played on a PC.


Not saying some stuff wasn't from a 360 but it's not all from a 360.



People assume that they're showing the 360 version all these times.  But they seem to forget the Games for Windows 360 controller.




Around the Network

Crysis 2 gameplay during EA conference didn't impress me at all, looked dated and very generic. I still think that leaving the jungle was a bad idea. Console version of Crysis might have some impressive features but in the end it didn't deliver. I'd say that even Battlefield Bad Company 2 looks better. Save Crysis 2 for PC, in 5 years you might run it at mid-high settings. But on consoles?



MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

iron_megalith said:

Will my new rig be able to handle this... This is sick... That looks really like CGI....

 

OC'd Phenom X6 1090T

HD5870

8GB DDR3

 

C'mon Crytek don't make me cry...

Well I'll put it this way. I still think you're joking by asking that question! If you're not joking then your new rig ought to be able to own Crysis 2 at up to 2560 by 1600 resolution.



Tease.

Reminds me of The Conduit.  The level design seems a bit outdated though.



selnor said:
leo-j said:

everything they have shown was from the 360 version of CRYSIS 2

also look at RAGE on 360.. that is high up there in graphics.. like almost Uncharted 2 high up there

 

What? Stop with the PS3 Exclusive tone. Thats so last year. 

Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage all beat Uncharted 2 easily. 

Come to think of it now games are all looking so good it's stupid to call anything better than anything else.

Vanquish, Rage, Bulletstorm, KZ3, Gears 3, Crysis 2, Reach, Enslaved to name a few are all amazing beyond anything out now in game engine. Some of these games are throwing around huge scale and masses of onscreen action with loads of particles and effects. 

It's pointless to say anything is better than anything else. Crysis 2 sits atop. But there is nothing between the rest. They all beat existing games IMO. 

This notion of PS3 can only do it. Has been compleely nullified by 5 multiplat games and 2 exclusive 360 games showing it plays in exactly the same ballpark as PS3. If anything this E3 showed that significantly. 

You can add Brink to those games to. 6 multiplats. 

And we are yet to see another definate contender Cryteks Kingdoms.

You should have just bought a PS3, or stuck to the PC, then you wouldn't need to keep championing the 360 in an area it's been the underdog for most of this gen selnor.

Bulletstorm has better graphics then Uncharted 2? Do you actually even believe that? From what I've seen the game would have to undergo a massive graphics overhaul before launch to even be in the same league as Uncharted 2. The same goes for Vanquish and Enslaved, while beautiful (not so sure about that in the case of Vanquish) they're not graphics king contenders by any means.



A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face.

aragod said:

Crysis 2 gameplay during EA conference didn't impress me at all, looked dated and very generic. I still think that leaving the jungle was a bad idea. Console version of Crysis might have some impressive features but in the end it didn't deliver. I'd say that even Battlefield Bad Company 2 looks better. Save Crysis 2 for PC, in 5 years you might run it at mid-high settings. But on consoles?


They had to leave the jungle to get this game to run on the consoles.  The consoles couldnt reproduce what Crysis and Warhead did with the jungle set peices. Coming to a city environment where everything is square and has sharp corners,  much easier to make look good.   When its all said and done this game will look great on the PC,  but nothing that spectacular on the consoles.  It will easily be surpassed by one of the exclusives coming out on each console