By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazing Crysis 2 images. Simply amazing.

selnor said:
Dallinor said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

everything they have shown was from the 360 version of CRYSIS 2

also look at RAGE on 360.. that is high up there in graphics.. like almost Uncharted 2 high up there

What? Stop with the PS3 Exclusive tone. Thats so last year. 

Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage all beat Uncharted 2 easily. 

Come to think of it now games are all looking so good it's stupid to call anything better than anything else.

Vanquish, Rage, Bulletstorm, KZ3, Gears 3, Crysis 2, Reach, Enslaved to name a few are all amazing beyond anything out now in game engine. Some of these games are throwing around huge scale and masses of onscreen action with loads of particles and effects. 

It's pointless to say anything is better than anything else. Crysis 2 sits atop. But there is nothing between the rest. They all beat existing games IMO. 

This notion of PS3 can only do it. Has been compleely nullified by 5 multiplat games and 2 exclusive 360 games showing it plays in exactly the same ballpark as PS3. If anything this E3 showed that significantly. 

You can add Brink to those games to. 6 multiplats. 

And we are yet to see another definate contender Cryteks Kingdoms.

You should have just bought a PS3, or stuck to the PC, then you wouldn't need to keep championing the 360 in an area it's been the underdog for most of this gen selnor.

Bulletstorm has better graphics then Uncharted 2? Do you actually even believe that? From what I've seen the game would have to undergo a massive graphics overhaul before launch to even be in the same league as Uncharted 2. The same goes for Vanquish and Enslaved, while beautiful (not so sure about that in the case of Vanquish) they're not graphics king contenders by any means.

I'm not really referring to graphics king as such. My point was there is such a small amount of difference that it is pointless. Games at this E3 were doing alot more scale and onscreen enemies and destruction than games we have now. 

Technically, this E3 stepped it up.

And I'm not the one complaining or trying to make the 360 look better.

PS3 fans are the ones in this thread, talking about how they think X PS3 exclusive beats out Cryisis 2 or Rage or Bulletstorm Etc. 

Funny is all I have got to say.

They all look to close to make any miniscule judgement to say the least

In the third post in this thread you said Crysis 2 was leagues ahead of anything else shown at E3, but now they all look too close? 

Around the Network
selnor said:
Dallinor said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

also look at RAGE on 360.. that is high up there in graphics.. like almost Uncharted 2 high up there

Come to think of it now games are all looking so good it's stupid to call anything better than anything else.

Vanquish, Rage, Bulletstorm, KZ3, Gears 3, Crysis 2, Reach, Enslaved to name a few are all amazing beyond anything out now in game engine. Some of these games are throwing around huge scale and masses of onscreen action with loads of particles and effects. 

It's pointless to say anything is better than anything else. Crysis 2 sits atop. But there is nothing between the rest. They all beat existing games IMO. 

This notion of PS3 can only do it. Has been compleely nullified by 5 multiplat games and 2 exclusive 360 games showing it plays in exactly the same ballpark as PS3. If anything this E3 showed that significantly. 

You should have just bought a PS3, or stuck to the PC, then you wouldn't need to keep championing the 360 in an area it's been the underdog for most of this gen selnor.

Bulletstorm has better graphics then Uncharted 2? Do you actually even believe that? From what I've seen the game would have to undergo a massive graphics overhaul before launch to even be in the same league as Uncharted 2. The same goes for Vanquish and Enslaved, while beautiful (not so sure about that in the case of Vanquish) they're not graphics king contenders by any means.

I'm not really referring to graphics king as such. My point was there is such a small amount of difference that it is pointless. Games at this E3 were doing alot more scale and onscreen enemies and destruction than games we have now. 

PS3 fans are the ones in this thread, talking about how they think X PS3 exclusive beats out Cryisis 2 or Rage or Bulletstorm Etc. 

They all look to close to make any miniscule judgement to say the least.

No one said "X PS3 exclusive looks better than Rage or Crysis 2". It's just that there's a game that JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE PS3 exclusive looks better than everything else. It could have been any other game, but it was KZ3. Just like when KZ2 dropped, and it looked better than everything on the market, and then UC2 came out. Same deal. Don't be mad that the milestones set during this generation happen to on be available with a PS3 experience

Currently playing:

Unreal Tournament 3, Warhawk, Rock Band, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, DMC2, then 3, and Radiata Stories

"Stop the presses// It's been a while but I'm back in session// And in the past time my flow's matured more than adolescence// It's time to learn a lesson// So get you pen and your pad out, listen close, and take heed to this blessing"

Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Dallinor said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

In the third post in this thread you said Crysis 2 was leagues ahead of anything else shown at E3, but now they all look too close? 

I have made it clear that Crysis 2 sits at the top. But after that, it's to close to care. Crysis 2 was doing so much in realtime with actual play area, that it's technically a masterpiece. 

selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:

I have made it clear that Crysis 2 sits at the top. But after that, it's to close to care. Crysis 2 was doing so much in realtime with actual play area, that it's technically a masterpiece. 

Well from what I have seen it is way behind its older brother,  and I am already upset that it has come out of the jungle so it can work on consoles.  They sacrificed too much IMO.  Also, the gameplay I have seen was inside a building,  and it wasnt a very big building.   So where was the scale during that fight? 

In most cases the sequel will be better looking than the original, this is one of the exceptions sadly enough.  It would have been nice to see a game finally top Crysis, but it looks like it will hold onto that crown for a year or two more.

selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Dallinor said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:

To be fair, Bullet Storm does not look better than something like Uncharted 2, I'd say Rage and Crysis2 beats UC2 in scale vs detail though, it just goes to show you how talented the people at crytek and id are, not to mention that they've overcame the harder to code PS3 and made the engines run better on the PS3 than the 360, those 2 companies deserve the applaude from us if anything, now even Sony first party needs to step up to those middleware makers.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:

Well from what I have seen it is way behind its older brother,  and I am already upset that it has come out of the jungle so it can work on consoles.  They sacrificed too much IMO.  Also, the gameplay I have seen was inside a building,  and it wasnt a very big building.   So where was the scale during that fight? 

In most cases the sequel will be better looking than the original, this is one of the exceptions sadly enough.  It would have been nice to see a game finally top Crysis, but it looks like it will hold onto that crown for a year or two more.

lets leave PC out of this discussion, it's a big no shit that PC walks all over consoles in the graphics department. =P

dahuman said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:

lets leave PC out of this discussion, it's a big no shit that PC walks all over consoles in the graphics department. =P

For all we know the footage we have seen so far is from the PC build,  I think someone in this thread even mentioned that it was

Vetteman94 said:
dahuman said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:

For all we know the footage we have seen so far is from the PC build,  I think someone in this thread even mentioned that it was

I'll bet you that it wasn't running on max, they were trying to pass it off as the console version =P. I was the first to mention it after watching the IGN interview btw, I saw 2 shortcuts to it when shit happened lol.

dahuman said:
Vetteman94 said:
dahuman said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:

I'll bet you that it wasn't running on max, they were trying to pass it off as the console version =P. I was the first to mention it after watching the IGN interview btw, I saw 2 shortcuts to it when shit happened lol.

Well there you have it,  the PC is relevant to the discusiion then. 

Vetteman94 said:
dahuman said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:
Vetteman94 said:
selnor said:

Yep it's from PC confirmed right here...

http://n4g.com/news/546050/crytek-confirms-crysis-2-e3-trailer-was-in-real-time-pc-footage