By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazing Crysis 2 images. Simply amazing.

Why are people fighting over Crysis vs Killzone, just buy a PS3 and you would get both

Around the Network
tingyu said:

Why are people fighting over Crysis vs Killzone, just buy a PS3 and you would get both

/thread end

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
tingyu said:

/thread end

This

PS3 gets both KZ3 Crysis 2 why argue?

The PC will get Killzone 3. Its just a timed exclusive until such time as the emulator is written. You can stick to the PC if you want.

Tease.

Ping_ii said:

This

Yes and Crysis 2 was even already confirmed by Crytek to look better on PS3 as well.

Around the Network
ArnoldRimmer said:
Ping_ii said:

This

Yes and Crysis 2 was even already confirmed by Crytek to look better on PS3 as well.

You mean runs better on PS3 not look better, both console version will look identical.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99973-CryTek-Crysis-2-Runs-Better-on-PS3

Vetteman94 said:

I still dont think this game is as impressive looking as people are making it out to be.  I doubt it will look as good as its older brother.  And those images say i am right so far. 

So far for me its Killzone 3 and Gears 3 for best looking that I have seen

I agree, I remember having numerous discussions after Crysis came out comparing it to a ton of console games and routinely people would post comparisons of the game in medium detail.

Crysis on very high settings at any resolution 1080p or above was beyond stunning, and it also kicked the crap out of just about any PC that didn't have a $2000 coolant system at those settings.  PCs have obviously caught up quite a bit so a simple redo would be much more open to the masses this time, but I can't blame them for heading to the consoles to maximize their sales (especially the 360 which, say what you will, is shooter central).

Still the game suffers in that it will struggle to look as good as Crysis did on gaming PCs of a few years ago, but it was actually a pretty good game for reasons beyond simply looking great.  So its not like it's a complete waste, I mean I'd love to see what they could do by pushing the PC as hard as they did on Crysis, but cutting edge graphics or not it's still going to look fantastic, even on the consoles, by any realistic standard and the gameplay probably won't suck either =P

To Each Man, Responsibility
Squilliam said:

The PC will get Killzone 3. Its just a timed exclusive until such time as the emulator is written. You can stick to the PC if you want.

lol Good Luck to the Guy Who writes That Emulator

by then K5-Crysis 4 should Be out.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Attoyou said:
Squilliam said:

lol Good Luck to the Guy Who writes That Emulator

by then K5-Crysis 4 should Be out.

It may not be worth playing, but with Cell hardware out in the wild an emulator is definately doable

Tease.

leo-j said:

everything they have shown was from the 360 version of CRYSIS 2

also look at RAGE on 360.. that is high up there in graphics.. like almost Uncharted 2 high up there

What? Stop with the PS3 Exclusive tone. Thats so last year. 

Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Rage all beat Uncharted 2 easily. 

Come to think of it now games are all looking so good it's stupid to call anything better than anything else.

Vanquish, Rage, Bulletstorm, KZ3, Gears 3, Crysis 2, Reach, Enslaved to name a few are all amazing beyond anything out now in game engine. Some of these games are throwing around huge scale and masses of onscreen action with loads of particles and effects. 

It's pointless to say anything is better than anything else. Crysis 2 sits atop. But there is nothing between the rest. They all beat existing games IMO. 

This notion of PS3 can only do it. Has been compleely nullified by 5 multiplat games and 2 exclusive 360 games showing it plays in exactly the same ballpark as PS3. If anything this E3 showed that significantly. 

You can add Brink to those games to. 6 multiplats. 

And we are yet to see another definate contender Cryteks Kingdoms.