By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Does Lady Gaga keeps getting uglier and uglier as time pass?

.:Dark Prince:. said:

Well she was never good-looking, but yeah the big bad change is the eyebrows. Seriously, they mess the whole face up!

But i'm still obsessed with her, she has talent and catchy songs that i can't get out of my mind... ever.

STOLEN catchy songs :P

And the Alejandro video is disturbing! And this is coming from a gay guy. The portrayal of gay guys in the video is downright offensive. I liked Telephone's video better.

Edit: After a second watch, it is clearly obvious that "Alejandro" rips off Janet Jackson's "Rhythm Nation" and Madonna's "Vogue" and "Erotica". Oh and all the religious symbols are so Madonna, especially her "Like A Prayer" video.

I know I sound like I hate Lady GaGa, but not entirely haha I used to be a die hard fan but I am currently really pissed off at how overrated she is, so that's where my deep research to showcase her thievery comes from.

Around the Network
thelalaby said:

Well she was never good-looking, but yeah the big bad change is the eyebrows. Seriously, they mess the whole face up!

But i'm still obsessed with her, she has talent and catchy songs that i can't get out of my mind... ever.

And the Alejandro video is disturbing! And this is coming from a gay guy. I liked Telephone's video better.

And even if they're not stolen ( or a tribute??), then a single song doensn't have that much to do with Gaga's talent. A producer and a songwriter do most of the work there. A catchy song has far more to do with those people. 

She does the style really well, the dancing good and the singing decent (sometimes good). I quess that's Pop right? Mostly Style over substance.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

solracbrit said:

I don't think she is ugly. I mean she is no model but she is a pretty girl. However, all we should care about her is she is incredibly talented. I mean, she worked hard and in one year she passed from unknown new artist to 10 million plus album, having hit after hit.  That girl works really hard and she deserves her success.

nah she just joined illuminati and they did her magic on her and she is now famous

This is the type of topic i'd expect to see on some Womens gossip magazine full of whinging judgmental jealous females,  not a forum which is 90% male who normally dont even notice or give a F**k about it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

naruball said:

Well she was never beautiful, but lately she looks horrible. She tries to act different and to make all the misfits like her. That's part of the reason she's so popular. Every gay guy I know worships her and considers her original. At least she has a few good songs.

I noticed that too.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
thelalaby said:

And the Alejandro video is disturbing! And this is coming from a gay guy. I liked Telephone's video better.

And even if they're not stolen ( or a tribute??), then a single song doensn't have that much to do with Gaga's talent. A producer and a songwriter do most of the work there. A catchy song has far more to do with those people. 

She does the style really well, the dancing good and the singing decent (sometimes good). I quess that's Pop right? Mostly Style over substance.

A tribute this isn't! It would have been considered a reference or an homage if Lady GaGa hadn't claimed that she CREATIVELY written the song. And this isn't a single song, I have previously stated that "Dance In The Dark" is also very familiar to two of Madonna's songs (as another example). Oh and I think vocally she's really good, every performance of her song "Speechless" is just plain great but her dancing in general is alright mainly because she's always plauged by some crazy outfit which makes her hips seem kinda slow, but you know it gets the job done.

And pop isn't exactly pop style over substance, at least not entirely. You have people like Whitney Houston and Celine Dion who have never exactly been known for style but are among the best-selling artists ever. Madonna (who is my favorite singer ever btw) is a perfect mix between the two, she's had her share of mindless dancing music but then again she had her album "Ray of Light" which remains until this day among the most spiritual, emotionally-satisfying album I've ever heard. And Madonna has LOTS of style. So you know, if Lady GaGa keeps the focus on her style instead of her music and keeps repeating the same chorus structure (like she did in the first two albums) or "pays tribute" too much to other songs, she will end up losing more fans and joining the ranks of Cyndi Lauper who was once insanely popular and a pop icon but now is barely recognized.

thelalaby said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
thelalaby said:

A tribute this isn't! It would have been considered a reference or an homage if Lady GaGa hadn't claimed that she CREATIVELY written the song. And this isn't a single song, I have previously stated that "Dance In The Dark" is also very familiar to two of Madonna's songs (as another example). Oh and I think vocally she's really good, every performance of her song "Speechless" is just plain great but her dancing in general is alright mainly because she's always plauged by some crazy outfit which makes her hips seem kinda slow, but you know it gets the job done.

And pop isn't exactly pop style over substance, at least not entirely. You have people like Whitney Houston and Celine Dion who have never exactly been known for style but are among the best-selling artists ever. Madonna (who is my favorite singer ever btw) is a perfect mix between the two, she's had her share of mindless dancing music but then again she had her album "Ray of Light" which remains until this day among the most spiritual, emotionally-satisfying album I've ever heard. And Madonna has LOTS of style. So you know, if Lady GaGa keeps the focus on her style instead of her music and keeps repeating the same chorus structure (like she did in the first two albums) or "pays tribute" too much to other songs, she will end up losing more fans and joining the ranks of Cyndi Lauper who was once insanely popular and a pop icon but now is barely recognized.

I put '??' behind tribute, to mean it was  guestionable. I agree with you.

In hindsight i should have added Pop in these days. Whitney and Celine are real singing diva's. Although Whitney seems to be falling - her new tour is not a real comeback. Celine is still big - and even pregnant.

Imo, Madonna was more Style over substance. She made her name by shocking people - everthing from religion too Politics. Gaga takes to her, but then in a pure stylish way, with design. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

finalrpgfantasy said:
freebs2 said:

Talent is not a matter of copies sold.....

if you didn't notice i put a coma after talented so i said she is talented AND is hard to sell 10 million copies these days.

No it's not. Okay, wait. Nevermind. Yeah it is. You are right good sir!

thelalaby said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
thelalaby said:

I always figured it was those godforsaken heels she always wears during live performances to compensate for the fact that she's only 5'1".

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
thelalaby said:

The thing is, she writes most of her songs so yeah... and maybe some of her songs are very similar to other songs out there, but most of her stuff is pretty original. Anyway, she is famous, so she's of course gonna be hated by more than she's loved.