By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why are some people mad that super mario galaxy 2 got a 10 in some reviews?

well im used to ps3 games which is why mario looks mediocre to me (every aspect except level design).

ofcourse, if your used to wii you will have a different opinion as you havent played anything better.

sure the kids might find it fun but me, my dad and my grandad all played mario when they were kids....were not going to play it forever.....thats why i think nintendo is also NOT innovative.

Around the Network

Haters gonna hate.

Also lollin at the "same thing" bullshit when there's been 4 Mario Games in the last 14 years and like 5,000 FPS/TPS in the last month. You douches going to shit all over Gran Turismo 5 because HOLY SHIT there's been more of them than Marios, more God of War games in the same time span, more Halos in the same time span.

Where's the tardcore bitching? Oh that's right this is NINTENDO so we conveniently forget the last 10 years of stagnant game development.

Seriously, 4 Mario games in the last 14 years, all of them with wildly different game mechanics except the 4th which is superior to the 3rd in every way.

If its score holds then it's game of the generation and fucking LOL if Nintendo walks away with the best rated AND best selling games of the generation against the HD behemoths.

because they think it doesnt deserver 10s??? Its okay to rant when a popular HD game gets 10s (GTA IV, MW2) but when a wii game gets it everyone who is ranting are annoyig sopiled 12 year olds who hate Nintendo????????

Drizzy Drake

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

I'm somewhat conflicted in my view - on one side I would say that there wouldn't be anything I would change about the game and that it is indeed 'perfect' - in that it is designed to be accessible to a wide audience. The simple models and bright colours work well.

On the other side being a part of the 3D industry I can find this a little bit discouraging and a slap to the face as there really isn't anything - character models, scene assets (including texturing) that would take me longer than an hour to replicate myself. Whereas the character models from the Gears series for example, are really intricately detailed by the best artists in the industry and it pains me that it doesn't get the 10/10 for graphics and something that it so comparatively easier to make receives the award.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:

well im used to ps3 games which is why mario looks mediocre to me (every aspect except level design).

ofcourse, if your used to wii you will have a different opinion as you havent played anything better.

sure the kids might find it fun but me, my dad and my grandad all played mario when they were kids....were not going to play it forever.....thats why i think nintendo is also NOT innovative.

There are so many things wrong with this I won't even touch it.....Just wondering how old are your dad/grandad since they were kids when they played mario....??

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

There are so many things wrong with this I won't even touch it.....Just wondering how old are your dad/grandad since they were kids when they played mario....??

Kinda wondered the same heh

Fumanchu said:
I'm somewhat conflicted in my view - on one side I would say that there wouldn't be anything I would change about the game and that it is indeed 'perfect' - in that it is designed to be accessible to a wide audience. The simple models and bright colours work well.

On the other side being a part of the 3D industry I can find this a little bit discouraging and a slap to the face as there really isn't anything - character models, scene assets (including texturing) that would take me longer than an hour to replicate myself. Whereas the character models from the Gears series for example, are really intricately detailed by the best artists in the industry and it pains me that it doesn't get the 10/10 for graphics and something that it so comparatively easier to make receives the award.

Whether Gears should have gotten a 10 for graphics or not is totally irrelevant.  By convention games' graphics are rated according to the standard for the system they are on, and it's been that way forever.  MG2 gets a ten for graphics because it's the best looking thing on the Wii. If it wasn't done this way then graphics scores for console games should decline throughout a generation as they are compared against games that are made to run on progressively more powerful PC hardware.

Furthermore the technical merits of the game are only one side of the coin and if you are capable of creating graphic assets with the creative flair, sense of colour and artistic cohesion displayed throughout  the myriad environments in Mario Galaxy/2, then I for one would love to see some of your work.

psrock said:
These scores have fixed the review system many of us thought was broken not long ago.

My thoughts exactly

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Some of the complaints I'm reading are just churlish and pathetic. The star bits look the same? Get a grip....

The coins look the same. -5 points.

The 1-up mushrooms look the same. - 5 points

Mario is wearing the same hat. -5 points.

Some people....

VGChartz