By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why are some people mad that super mario galaxy 2 got a 10 in some reviews?

gamings_best said:
I'll just say this,

if SMG franchise was on either of the HD consoles I highly doubt they would have received such critical acclaim........... especially the sequel.

Another person implying the game is overhyped just because it's a Nintendo game on a Nintendo console..

This game looks far more interesting and fun to me than most HD games.. It looks like a great game by ANY standards.

Games like Rachet and Clank and LBP recieve HIGH praisal, and this game looks far more exciting and inventive than those.. An imaginative and colorful platformer with such detail as Galaxy 2 is simply rare to find these days, which I think is part of the reason it is recieving such high acclaim.

Around the Network
gamings_best said:
I'll just say this,

if SMG franchise was on either of the HD consoles I highly doubt they would have received such critical acclaim........... especially the sequel.

Yes, because the gaming media has shown time and time again that it favours the Wii.

gamings_best said:
Khuutra said:
gamings_best said:
curl-6 said:

Galaxy 2's improvements and additions have a deeper impact on the core gameplay mechanics than GoW3's, which were largely presentational.

gameplay changes to GOW3 were as deep as SMG2

God of War 3 had s ignificant changes, particularly in innovations in magic and item management, but they did not change the gameplay as deeply as the changes in Super Mario Galaxy 2 have and I don't understand how you can argue otherwise.

because you played SMG2 right??? so you do know about the gameplay changes.......

Well... yes. Yes, I have played it, and I do know about the gameplay changes.

so at the end of the day, its just fanboyism. If its not on your console of choice or game, its repetitive and an expansion pack. that goes for both sides. If the original was such a great game, why would a company change the sequel that much. Are some suggesting we not get a sequel???? thats crap any game you like your going to want a sequel, so that argument needs to die. its not about being innovative its simply doing it better than before or better than the next guy, if SMG2 did in fact do it. mission accomplished. Uncharted 2 is better than the original. MW2??? not so much

Because it's the same thing over and over again. We need a new IP with the same quality of Mario from Nintendo.

Around the Network
hsrob said:
gamings_best said:
I'll just say this,

Yes, because the gaming media has shown time and time again that it favours the Wii.

oh ho ho my friend, It's nintendo they favor.........the media could give a crap about the wii, but hold nintendo in high regard, well atleast when they release games that is.

gamings_best said:
hsrob said:
gamings_best said:
I'll just say this,

oh ho ho my friend, It's nintendo they favor.........the media could give a crap about the wii, but hold nintendo in high regard, well atleast when they release games that is.

They favour Nintendo because they still make REALLY good games :)

Especially if you are into collecting stars.

Well... I saw many new improvements, beginning with Yoshi/fruits/ability to swallow bullet bills/ability to swallow hammers and throw them back/ability to swallow crustinas, spinies and throw them back

Then, we have FINALLY Lumas eating coins. The way comets appear is nice too.

Backgrounds of each world are really mindblowing. It makes me want to visit space.

Of course it's really frustrating when a game get a really good score while yours is lower when you think it deserved more.

If we look at IGN...

10 on Graphics. Right. Everybody agrees it's so far the best looking game on the Wii, running at nice 60 FPS and 480p resolution (at least, the resolution seems higher)

10 on Sound. Ahem... orchestral score, epic music, old classic themes remixed... What more?

10 on Gameplay. It's Mario. Mario always gets a 10 for gameplay because it's the core of the game.

10 on Last Appeal. 242 stars. Long galaxies. What more?

So... if we calculate, it makes a 10, no matter if the game is the same as the original.

immabefamous said:

Im just curious is it because its a wii game or is it because mario is the same old thing over and over again and it should get a perfecct score?

i think all three would apply for most, but this is the first i've heard of it. for me thats sad to hear. why can't people just be happy with perfect reveiw scores and great games?