By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why are some people mad that super mario galaxy 2 got a 10 in some reviews?

Games4Fun said:
Was unaware anyone was

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Interesting topic...

I myself haven't really heard that much grumbling about the scores, but I've noticed the few who do are usually the ones who exhibit an elitist and hypocritical tendency.

Just saying.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

The only grumbling I've heard are from reading the IGN and Gametrailer comments on the reviews.

The only answer I can come up with those is just fanboyism.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
morenoingrato said:
Acoccording to IGN's users:
"It doesn't have blood, so it isn't realistic"
"It isn't a HD game"
"It isn't M rated"
"It got a better score than Red Dead: Redemption"

You forgot to add:

"It doesn't have any guns in it."

Shooting stars hurt more than bullets.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

These scores have fixed the review system many of us thought was broken not long ago.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

Well, because it doesn't even is a sequels. Is just a Galaxy expansion pack. Anyone can see this. Kinda like the Lost Levels was for Super Mario Bros.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Just a thought....because it's more of the same? Mario 64 / Mario Galaxy / Mario Galaxy 2 re-skinned versions of the same fundamental principle. And (personal opinion) are heavily overrated and the last true great (10/10 deserving Mario) was Mario 64.

The same people jumping in front of moving cars to defend the 10/10 scores are the same people who bash God of War 3 or games of that caliber for doing more of the same, or being stale. Well Pot meet Kettle.

In my personal opinion the game is above average and certainly not 'perfect'. While it's well made, it seems like it's predictable Nintendo hype. Just like Super Smash Brothers was.

People want full sequels to these great games not these re-skinned, practical clone efforts that Nintendo has been notorious for.

Some people just seem to like Nintendo be brought down a peg for whatever reason. Galaxy 2 receiving several perfect 10s conflicts with these desires..

zero129 said:
Like what was said the only people who would complain are fanboys to one console being PS3 or 360, and people who may of started gaming in the PS era of gaming (Not that all people who started gaming then are pure fanboys).
Other then that no one can say a mario game does not deserve the scores he gets....

Ok, first you have to explain why people that started gaming in the ps/N64 gen would think this, you are making it like if the mayority of them were fanboys, and it makes me feel you think only gamers from previous generations dont have fanboys which I doubt.

Then, Its completely possible and valid that people disagree with review scores, whatever the game is.

curl-6 said:
papflesje said:
I've played it and I love it, but to be honest, games like God of War 3 get smashed for being "the same ol', same ol'" when they do try to improve on the basis they are known for.

SMG 2 is also basing itself on the previous one and improves here and there (and is an utterly enjoyable game all around), but with SMG 2 it's considered good that it's more of the same with touches here and there.

With God of War 3 (and other games), that usually means (or meant) they would be tackled because of "more of the same".

That's the only somewhat logical anger I can get with SMG 2 scores (not that it doesn't deserve a high score)

Galaxy 2's improvements and additions have a deeper impact on the core gameplay mechanics than GoW3's, which were largely presentational.

gameplay changes to GOW3 were as deep as SMG2