By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why are some people mad that super mario galaxy 2 got a 10 in some reviews?

Bcuz t3h Wii iz for kiddiez & Nint3ndo iz d0med!!1

... Seriously though, that's what I gathered, from about half of IGN's user reviews.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
morenoingrato said:
Acoccording to IGN's users:
"It doesn't have blood, so it isn't realistic"
"It isn't a HD game"
"It isn't M rated"
"It got a better score than Red Dead: Redemption"

You forgot to add:

"It doesn't have any guns in it."

Cheebee said:

... Seriously though, that's what I gathered, from about half of IGN's user reviews.

I read some of the reviews (no where near half of IGn users) and it seems the biggest complaint is it got 10 for graphics. I have to agree some on this. While this game is probably the best Wii can do still the Wii 64 mb ram GPU is really showing it age. I'm not referring to the fact Wii games are only in SD either. If a PC game looked like this is would clearly take a hit in the graphics no matter what kind of hardware the game could run on.

because they envy the fact the wii has this years game of the year =P

mM

for the same reasons wii fans were mad when gta4 got perfect 10s or god of war or uncharted 2 or halo 3 ...

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
Smidlee said:
Cheebee said:

I read some of the reviews (no where near half of IGn users) and it seems the biggest complaint is it got 10 for graphics. I have to agree some on this. While this game is probably the best Wii can do still the Wii 64 mb ram GPU is really showing it age. I'm not referring to the fact Wii games are only in SD either. If a PC game looked like this is would clearly take a hit in the graphics no matter what kind of hardware the game could run on.

No offense, but you're making the same mistake as a lot of the haters; forgetting that "graphics" is as much -if not more- about art than technical power.

Galaxy 2 has impeccable aesthetics, uisng colours, shapes, composition and effects to stunning artistic effect, as well as pushing the system technically. Heck, it's one of the prettiest games I've ever seen personally. It would be hard for any game to look better on the hardware, hence the 10/10.

I'm mad because I recall the first SMG getting an 11/10 by an italian magazine, so SMG2 should've scored at least 11/10 on IGN and 12/10 on that Italian magazine again.

Just 10 is a low number for Galaxy 2!!!

curl-6 said:
Smidlee said:
Cheebee said:

No offense, but you're making the same mistake as a lot of the haters; forgetting that "graphics" is as much -if not more- about art than technical power.

Galaxy 2 has impeccable aesthetics, uisng colours, shapes, composition and effects to stunning artistic effect, as well as pushing the system technically. Heck, it's one of the prettiest games I've ever seen personally. It would be hard for any game to look better on the hardware, hence the 10/10.

I'm not a hater and said nothing about the games art. I didn't suggest it shouldn't score high but if it on any other system it would no doubt take a hit or two on graphics. With that said I  do enjoy playing PC games that doesn't have the best graphics. The fact a lower graphic game can run on a laptop doesn't stop the game from taken a  hit either.  Even HD consoles games are compared to their PC counterpart.

So while you no doubt disagree I can easily see why some disagree with a 10 score for graphics.

Who are these "some people"?

And for the record, they may be getting tired of the saturation. I haven't been online enough to see if that's happening here, but I know with some games folks spam threads to crow about a title, which gets tiresome very quickly.

I'm mad... because my game will only arrive in 2-3 weeks!

And I'm mad... because Ocarina Of time might lose its number 1 rank in metacritic!

Well, I can live fine with those madnesses.