By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I bought Zack & Wiki. What's your excuse?

It's a fun game, light on story and clever puzzles. Would love to see a sequel with M+

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
I know it's not the greatest (a point and click adventure on a console, really?) but it's still a decent game.

There are plenty of p&c adventures on all 3 consoles (and DS).

Telltale's Sam & Max games (Wii retail, PSN/XBL), LucasArts' Monkey Island games (special editions of the first 2 MI games on XBL/PSN), Telltale's Tales of Monkey Island (WiiWare), Secret Files 1+2 (Wii), Runaway 2+3 (Wii/DS), Broken Sword 1 Director's Cut (Wii/DS), Another Code (Wii/DS), Phoenix Wright (DS/WiiWare), Hotel Dusk,...

OT: I bought Zack & Wiki soon after release. According to ioi's data it sold 380.000 copies ww. That's more than most other p&c adventures nowadays sell.

Cheebee said:
Snesboy said:
I know it's not the greatest (a point and click adventure on a console, really?) but it's still a decent game.

Well, the genre does make a lot of sense on Wii. It has pointer controls you know, for... point 'n click.

You have to remember I hate the Wii.

@ DarkCronos

You meanie!

i liked it, but the way i played it made it so un-fun for me lol... you see i didn't want to use any tickets or hints cuz i didn't want it to get saved onto my profile that i used them... same reason why i deleted my NSMBWii save file when i learned that it supposedly shows up on your save file (no glittery stars if you happen to see the super guide block)

i had some fun with it but later in the game, restarting at every mistake was too tedious to bare... so i just stopper playing it

but it seems like you're interested if i actually bought it or not, so just to confirm it, yes i did purchase the game a long time ago

okr said:
Snesboy said:

There are plenty of p&c adventures on all 3 consoles (and DS).

Telltale's Sam & Max games (Wii retail, PSN/XBL), LucasArts' Monkey Island games (special editions of the first 2 MI games on XBL/PSN), Telltale's Tales of Monkey Island (WiiWare), Secret Files 1+2 (Wii), Runaway 2+3 (Wii/DS), Broken Sword 1 Director's Cut (Wii/DS), Another Code (Wii/DS), Phoenix Wright (DS/WiiWare), Hotel Dusk,...

OT: I bought Zack & Wiki soon after release. According to ioi's data it sold 380.000 copies ww. That's more than most other p&c adventures nowadays sell.

I know. I linked to his heavenly data in the OP.

Around the Network

Only buy nintendo made games for my wii. Just like everyone else. 3rd party games really don't sell well cuss no 3rd party devolper knows how to make a game that captures the wii audience.

I got it, completed too and for me is one of the best games Wii has. So fresh and fun and it demmands more brain than the boxart can make think

I bought it and liked a lot, just finished like a month ago, it was on stand by for a long time.

I'm not wasting money on Point & Click games.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I bought it on release day and loved it, literally took me months to finish it. Would love to play through it again some day, but don't think I have the time required, although the puzzles will obviously be much quicker on a second play through.

Anyone who enjoyed it should look at getting Toki Tori on WiiWare.