By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Someone Tell Sony Fans Final Fantasy Isn't Their Series! (article)

Carl2291 said:

@dtewi.

No reason for anger?

A 360 VERSION WILL MEAN PS3 FANS/OWNERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER FOR THE GAME. THE VERY SAME GAME THAT HAS BEEN CALLED EXCLUSIVE SINCE ANNOUNCED.

Jesus Christ. How hard can it be to understand? ¬_¬

If the game was announced as a multiplat from day 1, we would have none of these problems at all.

You still do not understand!

You're talking about why Final Fantasy fans would be upset, and Sony fans are a subsection of that.

The discussion is why Sony fans are angered about the game being multi-platform itself, not the fact that Final Fantasy fans will have to wait longer.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Wyrdness said:
Carl2291 said:
Wyrdness said:
Carl2291 said:

My point was that those franchises had been PlayStation games for 2 full generations. For over 10 years.

Then all of a sudden... Nothing.

the fans WILL be pissed.

Why should they be pissed though they're still getting the games, N64 owners were just slapped straight in the face with nothing, no DQ, no FF, no SO just nothing not even a port. The reactions online are like SE have just walked up on the stage and told PS owners "F**k you, your mothers stink and we'll be creating games for 360 only starting with a FFVII remake, nenenenene", they're still getting the game and I have no doubt FFXIII would of turned out no different either if it was exclusive.

In the case of Versus, because it has been called exclusive since day 1. People want the game as soon as possible. Not having to wait for some stupid port. Don't lie to us. If it's going to be a multiplat just come out and say it.

In the case of the other games, i wouldn't know. I don't even care for any of them so... You would have to ask a fan who's been pissed off because of those leaving the PS.

Problem here is after Resident Evil 4 people should know that no contract deal can mean a change of plans later although PS fans weren't complaining back then, when SE started both FFXII and Versus it was before the new gen had began (Kitase and the team note both games began just after FFXII finished and eventually became PS3 games after initially being intended for PS2) and before the financial aspects of HD development were fully realized by all companies and it was also the time when everyone thought the PS3 would outsell the competition 3-1 combined. In this instance I think it's more a case that SE originally planned to keep them PS exclusive but the shift in market leaving PS3 in third and the financial battle of HD development has forced them to abandon earlier stances that were made on market assumptions that caught everyone out.

The difference is, the Gamecube got Resident Evil 4 LONG before the PS2. They released the GC version before even thinking about a PS2 version.

Versus XIII, just like FFXIII itself, will cause a delay of the FIRST version of the game. The PS3 version. Just so the inferior verson can be released alongside it.

@dtewi.

No reason for anger?

A 360 VERSION WILL MEAN PS3 FANS/OWNERS WILL HAVE TO WAIT EVEN LONGER FOR THE GAME. THE VERY SAME GAME THAT HAS BEEN CALLED EXCLUSIVE SINCE ANNOUNCED.

If the game was announced as a multiplat from day 1, we would have none of these problems at all.

Why will we be waiting for longer?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Carl2291 said:

@dtewi.

No reason for anger?

Actually, the game never was announced as an Exclusive.

@dtewi.

How can you tell the difference between the 2 sets of fans who are angry? From what i've seen the majority of fans are annoyed because of 2 reasons.

Lies about exclusivity.
Having to wait longer for the game.

@darth

It's pretty obvious. It's not exactly like it's going to make dev time shorter is it

@Garnett

Go look at the recent trailers/videos for the game that say "Only on PS3 worldwide". Are you saying that "Only on PS3" doesn't mean Exclusive?

ssj12 said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:
Xoj said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Square isn't a second party, and final Fantasy didn't start on a sony platform, and has appeared on numerous platforms. Why Sony fans feel such entitlement to the series is beyond me.

series peaked in the playstation though. exclusivity helped the game get most out of the hardware.

Actually, SquareSoft basically was since Sony owned the highest percentage of stock in the company. Once Square merged with Enix, Sony lost majority rule.

no it wasn't even close, Sony has to own 50% to have majority rule.  Highest percentage doesn't equal majority rule.

it does when your vote persuaded others because you were the major player in the console market. Persuasion can be a major player in investor relations. You dont need to own 51% of a company if you can persuade 51% of investors to vote in your favor.

Last I heard... they didn't have a vote.  It was all non-voting stock.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
It's things like this (FFvXIII multiplatform rumour) that shows who are fans of the games and who are fans of the hardware.

I've been saying this for the longest!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:
Xoj said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Square isn't a second party, and final Fantasy didn't start on a sony platform, and has appeared on numerous platforms. Why Sony fans feel such entitlement to the series is beyond me.

series peaked in the playstation though. exclusivity helped the game get most out of the hardware.

Actually, SquareSoft basically was since Sony owned the highest percentage of stock in the company. Once Square merged with Enix, Sony lost majority rule.

no it wasn't even close, Sony has to own 50% to have majority rule.  Highest percentage doesn't equal majority rule.

it does when your vote persuaded others because you were the major player in the console market. Persuasion can be a major player in investor relations. You dont need to own 51% of a company if you can persuade 51% of investors to vote in your favor.

Then maybe Sony the last two gens just had an insane amount of influence due to how many consoles they had on the market. Which prevented Square from deciding to release any FF game other than 11 on a Microsoft console till this gen.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:
Xoj said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Then maybe Sony the last two gens just had an insane amount of influence due to how many consoles they had on the market. Which prevented Square from deciding to release any FF game other than 11 on a Microsoft console till this gen.

That and the Xbox just wasn't nearly as popular as far as I know.  There was no reason to do it then.  Multiplatform games seem WAY up this generation.

Or it could of just been an agreement... afterall Sony pretty much only purchased the stock to save Square's ass long enough so they could merge with Enix. 

Afterall Sony didn't just buy Square stock... Square BEGGED Sony to buy Square stock.  They needed the money in a bad way.

Though at the same time as Square put it...

"We are not necessarily obligated to Sony, because of this deal," said Hisashi Suzuki, Square's president. "But we can gauge the situation in the future and offer software to the best selling hardware maker, and at this time there is no doubt that Sony is the best."

It's lucky Sony is getting any games at all... based on their past logic they should be making Wii games.

Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
Kasz216 said:
ssj12 said:
johnsobas said:
ssj12 said:
Xoj said:
The_vagabond7 said:

That and the Xbox just wasn't nearly as popular as far as I know.  There was no reason to do it then.  Multiplatform games seem WAY up this generation.

Or it could of just been an agreement... afterall Sony pretty much only purchased the stock to save Square's ass long enough so they could merge with Enix. 

Afterall Sony didn't just buy Square stock... Square BEGGED Sony to buy Square stock.  They needed the money in a bad way.

Though at the same time as Square put it...

"We are not necessarily obligated to Sony, because of this deal," said Hisashi Suzuki, Square's president. "But we can gauge the situation in the future and offer software to the best selling hardware maker, and at this time there is no doubt that Sony is the best."

It's lucky Sony is getting any games at all... based on their past logic they should be making Wii games.

True, but Square now has Wada at the helm of their company.. and we know how he is running things. He understands the video game market about as well as Walamrt's CEO understands how to treat the lowest level employees... basically not at all.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

worst thread ever! your just asking for it aren't you? im not even going to entertain this.