By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

forevercloud3000 said:

Tales of Symphonia(Exclusive): did 1.10million > Tales of Vesparia(Multiplat) only did  0.85mill. Mind you, Symphonia was on the Gamecube, the system with the smallest userbase at the time.

Grand Theft Auto San An.(Exclusive)=18.31million copies> Grand Theft Auto IV=14.3million. Do you still not see the pattern?

Metal Gear Solid 4(Exclusive)=4.74million> Metal Gear Solid 3=4.07. Whats that? MGS4 did better then the last entry that had more than twice the userbase u say?!!! NO WAY!!?!?!

Street Fighter has always been multiplatform. Why did you even mention this one?

Resident Evil has been multiplat from the start as well

Soul Calibur is also a game which has always been MP. I think what you meant to say was Tekken and....

Tekken 5(Exclusive) 3.66million> Tekken 6(Multiplat)=2.31

Which Proves my point. So it is you who are wrong.

Jarrod and Fab_GS have pretty much covered the rebuttal, i.e. your knowledge of history is incomplete, or possibly just selective.

Point is, going multi-platform is not the kiss of death you've suddenly made it out to be.  If Versus XIII goes multiplatform, it will likely do better than if it remained an exclusive, which is why most publishers make a game multi-platform unless they're incentivized not to do so by a console maker.  I, for one, hope that Versus does go multiplatform, since it means more people will get to play it, the developer will make more money, and certain people (not you) will again begin to indulge in revisionist history. 

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Tales of Symphonia(Exclusive): did 1.10million > Tales of Vesparia(Multiplat) only did  0.85mill. Mind you, Symphonia was on the Gamecube, the system with the smallest userbase at the time.

Grand Theft Auto San An.(Exclusive)=18.31million copies> Grand Theft Auto IV=14.3million. Do you still not see the pattern?

Metal Gear Solid 4(Exclusive)=4.74million> Metal Gear Solid 3=4.07. Whats that? MGS4 did better then the last entry that had more than twice the userbase u say?!!! NO WAY!!?!?!

Street Fighter has always been multiplatform. Why did you even mention this one?

Soul Calibur is also a game which has always been MP. I think what you meant to say was Tekken and....

Jarrod and Fab_GS have pretty much covered the rebuttal, i.e. your knowledge of history is incomplete, or possibly just selective.

Point is, going multi-platform is not the kiss of death you've suddenly made it out to be.  If Versus XIII goes multiplatform, it will likely do better than if it remained an exclusive, which is why most publishers make a game multi-platform unless they're incentivized not to do so by a console maker.  I, for one, hope that Versus does go multiplatform, since it means more people will get to play it, the developer will make more money, and certain people (not you) will again begin to indulge in revisionist history. 

All they have stated is that Soul Calibur has flip flopped many times as an Exclusive to Multiplat which has only confused their fanbase. Also Grand theft is a Multiplatform game. I frequently forget that San Andreas ever came to Xbox, never even seen a copy of that version a day in my life. And you know what else? Not many people even know it ever existed on Xbox and do think it is an exclusive. Yea, it sold over 2million, but thats just 2million ppl who would have eventually picked it up on PS2(which was over 18million strong). Even if we compared San An as a multiplat to GT4, What happened? It did not sell nearly as much with all the advertising and so forth. It didn't even sell better then one system how was it suppose to outsell both console versions? Thats because range in quality, and media attraction is the real deciding factor of these things.

And after re-looking at Tales of Series, the series has been everywhere. Never seen the PS2 version of that game either and as far as I know THe Symphonia title on Wii is a new game with a different title. Nevertheless, VGChartz has no sales data on PS2 version of Symphonia or it didn't sell very well at all. This would be because the large bulk of it's fans bought it on Gamecube. This series is famous for trying to be on ever console(MP or just different itterations).

A game like Soul Calibur that bounces from console to console like that was sure to see random spikes. from being exclusive to different consoles, to being multiplatform, it doesn't know where its going. Only having the first entry exclusive, then taking the second one multi doesn't really make a game seen as an exclusive franchise. Take FF, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, GTA. They all debuted on one console for years(some finally going on to others but not after prolonged periods), the general public sees them as exclusives(that was till this gen) to Playstation.

All of this shows that being Multiplatform is not the changing factor, rather changes in fanbase appeal is. If Going multiplatform was so lucrative it would always prove to sell more copies than exclusive itterations(to a series that is known for being an exclusive). Instead, reality shows us it doesn't do much at all.

Back to the point of all this. Final Fantasy has always been an Exclusive to one console or another. FFXIII teaches us that going multiplatform doesn't help the sales as Many of the more popular FF's that are exclusive outshine it by a mile. Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be no different, it will only piss off more fans of the series until they finally call it quits. Thats what happens when a game is at the top of the list and then they start selling out in one way or another, they lose fans.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

All they have stated is that Soul Calibur has flip flopped many times as an Exclusive to Multiplat which has only confused their fanbase. Also Grand theft is a Multiplatform game. I frequently forget that San Andreas ever came to Xbox, never even seen a copy of that version a day in my life. And you know what else? Not many people even know it ever existed on Xbox and do think it is an exclusive. Yea, it sold over 2million, but thats just 2million ppl who would have eventually picked it up on PS2(which was over 18million strong). Even if we compared San An as a multiplat to GT4, What happened? It did not sell nearly as much with all the advertising and so forth. It didn't even sell better then one system how was it suppose to outsell both console versions? Thats because range in quality, and media attraction is the real deciding factor of these things.

And after re-looking at Tales of Series, the series has been everywhere. Never seen the PS2 version of that game either and as far as I know THe Symphonia title on Wii is a new game with a different title. Nevertheless, VGChartz has no sales data on PS2 version of Symphonia or it didn't sell very well at all. This would be because the large bulk of it's fans bought it on Gamecube. This series is famous for trying to be on ever console(MP or just different itterations).

A game like Soul Calibur that bounces from console to console like that was sure to see random spikes. from being exclusive to different consoles, to being multiplatform, it doesn't know where its going. Only having the first entry exclusive, then taking the second one multi doesn't really make a game seen as an exclusive franchise. Take FF, Tekken, Metal Gear Solid, GTA. They all debuted on one console for years(some finally going on to others but not after prolonged periods), the general public sees them as exclusives(that was till this gen) to Playstation.

All of this shows that being Multiplatform is not the changing factor, rather changes in fanbase appeal is. If Going multiplatform was so lucrative it would always prove to sell more copies than exclusive itterations(to a series that is known for being an exclusive). Instead, reality shows us it doesn't do much at all.

Back to the point of all this. Final Fantasy has always been an Exclusive to one console or another. FFXIII teaches us that going multiplatform doesn't help the sales as Many of the more popular FF's that are exclusive outshine it by a mile. Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be no different, it will only piss off more fans of the series until they finally call it quits. Thats what happens when a game is at the top of the list and then they start selling out in one way or another, they lose fans.

The ONLY region FFXIII was exclusive in is the region where it did "disappointing sales" compared to predecessors 

In Europe its 100K away from being the 3rd best selling FF & well on its way to outsell FF10.

In America is well on its way to otusell FF8 becoming the 3rd best selling FF in that region.

If JAPAN had helped FFXIII by selling like it did in the past, then FFXIII's sales would be on part with VIII/X worldwide. Its Japan's fault, thats where it was exclusive.

This site has amazing sales tools & data for past games, please use them & don't JUST look at worldwide sales to paint yourself a picture of how a game is doing.

Stop being ridiculous.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Darth
So the country where 360 is abysmal was suppose to magically sell a lot more in that region if it were on that console? I bet the ratio would be 20:1.

And so what if it comes in 3rd, 4th, whatever place. The fact of the matter is people are constantly toting a game being Multiplatform as a way of increasing sales. It will never pass FFVII or X. This is because its the quality of game that matters, not how thin you spread it across the consoles(Which actually adversely effects the quality).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
@Darth
So the country where 360 is abysmal was suppose to magically sell a lot more in that region if it were on that console? I bet the ratio would be 20:1.

And so what if it comes in 3rd, 4th, whatever place. The fact of the matter is people are constantly toting a game being Multiplatform as a way of increasing sales. It will never pass FFVII or X. This is because its the quality of game that matters, not how thin you spread it across the consoles(Which actually adversely effects the quality).

There's enough foreigners, otakus and collectors that the ratio probably would've been 10:1 had FFXIII 360 released in Japan.  Which would've been enough to push it over 2m total (ie: not disappointing territory).

Also, multiplatform doesn't have to inversely effect quality.  SoulCalibur 2 again makes a good example, it was spread across 3 consoles, fine tuned for each, and it kicked the shit out of the PS2 exclusive SoulCalibur 3.

Around the Network

Doesn't really matter to me !

But damn, show some gameplay.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E