By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

deskpro2k3 said:
dtewi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Masakari said:

Idiocy is running rampant in this thread.

FF13 is a mediocre game because of Square, not because of 360. I find it specially funny for Sony fans to cry about it, since they got a technically superior version. No content was cut because of 360 except for japanese voices (which is a minor, minor thing, nobody cares except western otaku). Lower res, framerate problems, badly processed video encoding?? If anything, 360-only players should be the ones angry, because Square aren't competent enough to correctly port a game.

Secondly, PS3 is 3rd in the console race. 3RD! SE is a business, they left Nintendo because of business, they went multiplat because of business. They cannot ignore other platforms, even with the PS3 version selling thrice, 1.5 million copies on 360 is more than enough money for SE to be happy about it!

Third, Final Fantasy and Square AREN'T OWNED BY SONY, they are a third party, it's actually ridiculous for them to have some misguided brand loyalty, it's a global business, and it's a divided videogame generation, this isn't the "PS2 behemoth" days. Heck, SE didn't "pull a mid-90s", they didn't leave Sony like they did Nintendo before, you can still play it on PS3, and a technically superior version at that!

Get a grip and get a life people. Going multiplat is good for gamers, as more people will enjoy the game, if you think FF or SE "belong" or are "traitors", you're in serious need of a reality check.

Someone cares.^^^^^

The point being, they falsely advertise the game as an exclusive to a console in 2006 all the way until E3 2009. The fans are upset about that as you can see.

....are you trying to be funny?

Seriously, are you.

Are you being serious?

Seriously I am.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Sony fanboys rediculous as always.....Anyways Im glade more people will get to play the game....GOOOD JOB SQUARE

Masakari said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Making a game multiplat does not make you more money. Name one video game franchise thatwas exclusive but went MP that didn't underperform or only hit mid ground as a MP? They all simply sold about the same as it's predecessors. There is no proof that if they had stayed exclusive they wouldn't have had the same results. The main thing that would have changed is console userbase(which is the main reason MS pushes for MP).

If anything Metal Gear Solid 4 is the solitary proof that you can make just as much as previous entries in the series without going MP. Games don't sell more because they are open to a wider userbase, they sell because they are better the last entries(or at least seen as such like COD4 and Halo3).

You're comparing this gen vs the previous gen, were PS2 was "the Wii" of it's generation, the behemoth with a huge sales lead, and less competition. There's several reasons for several titles seeing the same rough sales when they went multiplat, but essentially, you can also say there's no proof that FF13 or any game would have still sold as well, so any discussion is moot.

And yes, a game can (operative word: can, not will) sell more if they are open to a wider userbase. What you're saying is like "you'll still sell the same 10 icecream cones if 100 people or 1000 people visit your stand" and that's just not true.

The facts remain that last gen people had, for the most part, a PS2. This gen they can have a Wii, a 360, a PS3, or any combination of the above. Very different market shares, very different market, almost zero reason to remain on one platform.

Yes, i understand the vast difference in the userbase pie this gen but my point is making game MP isnt doing anything to special. If anything, these developers are being swindled by New Gen propoganda issued by MS to spend money making games for every console.

Proof that Games that are exclusive can do just as well or better....

-Metal Gear Solid 4: the game sold better than 3 and just around 1 and 2.

-Halo 3: did double the sales of the older ones not due to being MP but for being heavily advertised and being a actual good game.

Real Reason FFXIII did over 1mill on 360....

-MS had exclusive advertising rights in America for the game so the general public that didn't know anybetter only thought it was available for that system. The hardcore fanbase mostly got it for PS3. The balance would have been so different if it were even advertising. Yet Square seems to be oblivious at this obvious skewing of the data. Being on the 360 has not and will not benefit the game and if anything it hurts it and the fanbase that love it.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Lyrikalstylez said:

Sony fanboys rediculous as always.....Anyways Im glade more people will get to play the game....GOOOD JOB SQUARE

Oh give me a break. This is fanboys in general.

Imagine the ruckus we would hear if a Gears of War was to make it to the PlayStation. Hell even Mass Effect.

Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Imagine the ruckus we would hear if a Gears of War was to make it to the PlayStation. Hell even Mass Effect.

Fanboys are fanboys, Im not trying to talk bad about a certain group because all of them are pathetic....Its just that I find it really disrespectful and childish to say that just because a certain game goes multiplatform it'll bring down the quality of the title.

I feel bad for you guys really

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Fanboys are fanboys, Im not trying to talk bad about a certain group because all of them are pathetic....Its just that I find it really disrespectful and childish to say that just because a certain game goes multiplatform it'll bring down the quality of the title.

Like I said. I could care less about multi-platofrm of any FF games. As long as I can buy it on a Sony Platform. Then I am set. Otherwise kudos to SE for making a good financial decision.

Hmm that means Xbox owners will have it 2 weeks before release date.

The decision is already made so no reason to be upset. It will definetly have worse graphic now. Graphically: Exclusives>Multiplats.

I doubt somehow this will pay off. Yes FF13 sold 1.3 Million on Xbox360 but how many of these would be still bought on PS3 if FF13 would be an exclusive. I could imagine half of that number.

I dont think SE wants to make money with this its mainly because they want to spread FF also on the Xbox360. But why do they think its another audience. Most of Xbox360 owners are former PS2 owners. So its actually the same audience they had before.

But who cares it is really far away if they havent started developing yet on the 360 so we could see it pretty late.

Still think its going to be better then FF13 I always thought that since I liked the description of FFvs13 way more then FF13.

FF13 had its flaws and I think it wont be too hard for FFvs13 to be better then FF13.

Masakari said:

Idiocy is running rampant in this thread.

FF13 is a mediocre game
because of Square, not because of 360. I find it specially funny for Sony fans to cry about it, since they got a technically superior version. No content was cut because of 360 except for japanese voices (which is a minor, minor thing, nobody cares except western otaku). Lower res, framerate problems, badly processed video encoding?? If anything, 360-only players should be the ones angry, because Square aren't competent enough to correctly port a game.

Secondly, PS3 is 3rd in the console race. 3RD! SE is a business, they left Nintendo because of business, they went multiplat because of business. They cannot ignore other platforms, even with the PS3 version selling thrice, 1.5 million copies on 360 is more than enough money for SE to be happy about it!

Third, Final Fantasy and Square AREN'T OWNED BY SONY, they are a third party, it's actually ridiculous for them to have some misguided brand loyalty, it's a global business, and it's a divided videogame generation, this isn't the "PS2 behemoth" days. Heck, SE didn't "pull a mid-90s", they didn't leave Sony like they did Nintendo before, you can still play it on PS3, and a technically superior version at that!

Get a grip and get a life people. Going multiplat is good for gamers, as more people will enjoy the game, if you think FF or SE "belong" or are "traitors", you're in serious need of a reality check.

And I stopped reading there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The Xbox Man said:
ffirebrand_cloud said:
Seriously do any FF fan that has a PS3 even care anymore?

FFXIII was so bad I could care less if Versus is announced as a Wii exclusive.

This franchise has been going downhill in terms of quality so fast it isn't even funny.

Its not going be the 5th best selling game on PS3 next week because "everyone hated it". You FF fans continue to shock me at your manner of pretending your opinion = everyones opinion. Wake up & see reality, many people on this site love the game.

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread but the last page was painful, PS3 fans have hit a new low.

I remember you saying once that FFXIII was your first final fantasy, so I don´t expect you to understand fully what I said. Please, just go and play a psone FF or FFX and you' ll understand my point. After playing them, you will feel FFXIII's combat system as completely broken and boring and its cutscenes dull and sometimes ridiculous and annoying. Areas feel like simple tilesets with no personality at all. The leveling system sucks big time as does the dialog, voiceacting and lack of towns. 

Objectively speaking, the only things that are better to previous games is the summon system and the story is pretty good, though some cutscenes feel forced. 

Really, for me and many other FF veterans the franchise is dead. I had hoped that they would recover from FFXII, but instead delivered a worse game. Though I really feel happy that the new focus they have set for new gamers is working. I do hope that you keep enjoying the new games as much as I enjoyed the old ones. 

Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Like I said. I could care less about multi-platofrm of any FF games. As long as I can buy it on a Sony Platform. Then I am set. Otherwise kudos to SE for making a good financial decision.

The thing is, going multiplat can only make the game potentially less hardware-pushing because it will have to have equal features between consoles. It's also going to push the release date further away to accomodate a simultaneous release on both platforms.

We're getting shafted again by Square.