By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

(. )( .)

Around the Network
sym2448 said:

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

promises...to me a promise can only be made in that persons face. Anyway stop complaining it'll be great for sony and microsoft. And most importantly the fans.

I almost laughed while reading some of the comments here. Some people act like: "FF XIII looks like shit because of the 360 version." or "It had less content because of the 360 version."
Where the hell does FF XIII look bad? It's the best looking multiplatform game at the moment IMO, you can even say that about the inferior 360 version. And content was not cut out because of the 360 version, it's normal to cut out content! And furthermore it was not so linear because of the 360 version..., it was linear because SE wanted it that way.

As I said: I wanted SE to make FF Versus XIII exclusive, because I'd like to see what they can achieve on one platform; but in the end, it doesn't matter if Versus goes multiplat. We will get a great game that some fans will like or even love and some fans won't like or even hate.

For me, the decision of FF XIII going multiplatform wasn't bad in the end, because it's my favourite Final Fantasy game so far.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Wagram said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Sony fanboys rediculous as always.....Anyways Im glade more people will get to play the game....GOOOD JOB SQUARE

Oh give me a break. This is fanboys in general.

Imagine the ruckus we would hear if a Gears of War was to make it to the PlayStation. Hell even Mass Effect.

Its not like Mass Effect is a "Exclusive", at least not to PS Fanboys (Im not saying anyone is a fanboy im using the word).

Now if Gears came, that would make 360 fans pissed. Shit i would be pissed at i hate the game.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
libellule said:
slowmo said:
Filed alongside MGS4 on 360 and Mass Effect on PS3. Seems more like wishful thinking and some twisting of words to try and make "news" imo.

believe me :

MGS4 will stay on PS3

ME may come to PS3

Versus will go 360

I didn't say any could or couldn't happen.  I just think this is making crap up from rumour without any actual evidence while hoping they'll one day be right.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

it is not like Wada was SE president ...

Time to Work !

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/19/wada_clarifies_versus_xiii_statement/

Did you jump the Gun?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

I don't mind multiplatform, better for gamers and SquEnix, what I do mind is a delay because of making it on the new console and a delay because they want to release it at the same time on all consoles. This I have an issue with mainly as it seems to always be the Sony fans who get the worse deal. Then again maybe money is just too appealing.

Hmm, pie.

zero129 said:
geddesmond2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
geddesmond2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
geddesmond2 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Rainbird said:
In other words, no surprises here.

I dunno, FF13 has done very well on xbox 360, but I still think the sales it has there could have been achieved on PS3 too. I think PS3 can sustain a FF game by itself. But if all S-E is seeing is sales on the paper then yeah they would want to do this move.

I think they should make Versus timed exclusive worldwide at the least as a litmus test. For example many people said MGS4 was going multiplat but when it sold that well on PS3 I don't think Konami felt there was any need to go multiplat.

The PS3 version only outsold the 360 version by 800k in the west, the only areas they were competing in, and the 360 version was clearly a rushed port, so they can't have spent a lot of money on it. If they can start on it earlier, they might even release FFvXIII (360) in Japan as well, and I don't think the PS3 version will be able to sell as much if it's exclusive, as both versions combined if it is multiplat.

I think the chances of FFvXIII remaining exclusive are slim.

So the PS3 couldn't have made up for the 360 sales?

MGS4 did just fine making on PS3 & outsold MGS3.

@geddesmond

YAWN

The plan was to make it linear from the get go, they didn't change the whole games structure after 2008. Did you whine when FFX was on the weakest console last gen?

Get over it.

Ah right so you know it was there plan to make FF13 linear from the get go because? So they planned from the very start to make an area called Gran Pulse which they would use as there only place that gives the player a sense that there playing an RPG. Stick it near the end of the game were it coincidently lands on the 3rd Disk of the Xbox 360 version, Yeah sure they did. Anyone who thinks FF13 wasn't sacraficed for an Xbox 360 version are just fooling themselfs.

Oh no YOU are fooling yourself. So your telling me that after the port was announced in 2008 they CHANGED the entire game & made it linear in the 1 years 6 months they had to release it for the Japan release? Puh-lease

Again thats how the game was planned, you didn't like it, fine tough luck but its not xbox 360's fault, get over it.

Oh my god I'm shocked that you actually think they only started working on a 360 version of the game after they announced it. OK if the game wasn't sacrificed for the Xbox 360 version of the game then explain to me why the first 2 disks of the 360 version contain only story chapters and no missions or freedom what so ever and you can't go back to an of those areas. You explain to me those things there and maybe I'll stop fooling myself as you put it.

I'm, not god, I don't know.

The devs clearly though it would be boring to let you back track when those chapters were a straight line. I know I would be bored to do that. I'd like an option to play each chapter again in New Game + mode but I would hate to backtrack.

Now you give me concrete evidence on how "Xbox 360 ruined FF13", by concrete evidence I mean a source. 

Any response to this post without concrete evidence will be seen as an admittance of defeat.

I can't believe I'm going back and fourth with someone whos first FF game was probably FF10. Anyway your last bit of that post was just a very childish comment. But seen as you must have missed this a few months back I'll post the link again.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/13/square-enix-cut-a-games-worth-of-content-from-final-fantasy-xii/

I've been playing FF games for over 12 years and I know what a FF games is. FF13 was not a FF game and if FFV13 goes multiplat I will not be buying it because I know it will be just another linear piece of crap compared to the rest of the games in the series.

Oh and by the way, any response to this post without concrete evideance that FF13 wasn't sacrificed because of the 360 version will be seen as an admittance that you don't know shit about the FF series. There see how that works there.

I started playing FF from FF7, then went back and played every other FF game before it, and every FF game after it (Except for 11).

If you're such an FF fan you should know pretty much every FF game has had content cut from it, like pretty much every other game too also, FF7-9 where on multi discs, that didn't stop them games from having on Overworldmap, and towns, yet FF10 was on PS2 an didn't have an Overworld or as many towns and that was only on 1 dvd and made with the PS2 in mind, so would it of had them things the PS1 versions had if it was on the more pwerfull xbox at the time?. no it wouldn't.

Plus if its the 360's fault that content was cut then why is it so many PS3 excusives have had content cut too? here let me show you 2 examples

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=238208 <--Click there to see how God of War 3 had a whole epilogue cut,

or

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/playstation-3/yakuza-3-riddled-with-cut-content-missing-more-than-a-dozen-sub-missions.html <-- click there to see how Yakuza 3 had a whole bunch of content cut too, was that becos of disc space or the 360's fault that content was cut? nope as both them games where PS3 exclusives and the coontent was cut to save time and to get both games out, same as with the cut content from FF13, it was already in Development for such a long time they had to cut content to release it, same with every other game, its just elitest PS3 fans that makes a big deal out of it with FF13 as an excuse for how upset they are it went multi platform, i gues ye must really be mad with Sega and Santa Monica then too..

Why do people always bring FF10 into these types of discussions cause even though FF10 was a linear game and it got ride of the world map overview it still gave you a lot of freedom, had Blitzball to play and it allowed you to return to every area of the game.

Also I'm well aware of the International editions of FF games and how every game out there has content cut because it doesn't fit in or leaves plot holes in the game. But a whole games worth of content. Come on.

People in this thread can keep calling me a Sony fanboy, keep saying I'm still pissed off from the 2008 E3 announcement and say simular stuff to everyone who disagrees with them but that still doesn't hide the fact that a whole games worth of content was cut from this game for whatever reason you believe and FF13 does not live up to the rest of the series.

I also see some people in this thread saying Sony fanboys are pathetic because there pissed FF13 went multiplat and shit like that. Lol some off the same people who were crying the other day saying they were boycotting Red Dead Redemption because the PS3 version got an exclusive costume. Yeah yous know who yous are.

Nobody should care unless being mutli introduces an issue such as a delay in final release or the like.

Given FFXIII you'd expect it to go multi unless it's too far down the line with PS3 specific code or design or Sony manage to put enough pressure on (perhaps based on having the lions share of FFXIII sales) to keep it exclusive.

Ideally, if I was SE I'd keep it exclusive in Japan/Asia to appease the fans there and make it Multi in US/Europe just as they did with FFXIII.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...