By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

libellule said:
slowmo said:
libellule said:
slowmo said:
Filed alongside MGS4 on 360 and Mass Effect on PS3. Seems more like wishful thinking and some twisting of words to try and make "news" imo.

believe me :

MGS4 will stay on PS3

ME may come to PS3

Versus will go 360

I didn't say any could or couldn't happen.  I just think this is making crap up from rumour without any actual evidence while hoping they'll one day be right.  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

it is not like Wada was SE president ...

You can twist words to mean whatever you like, particularly when you consider a sentence written can mean 2 different things when pronounced differently.  Thats all I'm saying is that this is wishful thinking news at the moment imo.

Around the Network
TheFlyingDutchman said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Please look at the top 6 selling PS3 games, they are ALL multiplats except for MGS4. 

If we look at the top 10 its 4 games out of which 2 were heavily heavily bundled.

People won't lose interest, remember its a Final Fantasy.

First of all: why the top6?

2nd: The PS3 top10 contains 4 exclusives, the 360 top10 contains 2 exclusives (3 if we don't count GoW-PC) and the Wii top10 contains 10 exclusives.

3rd: The PS3 top10 contains 2 heavily bundled games, the 360 top10 contains (at least) 4 (Halo3, Halo3 ODST, Gears of War and gears of War2 and more?) heavily bundled games and the Wii top10 contains 6 heavily bundled games.

The PS3 top10 contains: 4 shooters, 3 action-/adventuregames, 2 racegames and 1 JRPG.

The 360 top10 contains: 7! shooters, 2 action-/adventuregames and 1 musicgame.

The Wii top10 contains: 6 fitness-/sportsgames (1 with mario), 2 action-/adventuregames (2x with mario),  1 racegame (with mario) and 1 fightinggame (with mario).

Is it me or is the lightgreen text "360" missing between the consoles you own?

Er, you have your PS3 and Wii figures almost literally flipped for bundles.  Looking at them...

PlayStation 3

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (fps)
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV (bundled, sandbox)
  3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (fps)
  4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (exclusive, bundled, stealth)
  5. Final Fantasy XIII (bundled, RPG)
  6. Call of Duty: World at War (fps)
  7. Assassin's Creed (sandbox)
  8. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (exclusive, bundled, racing)
  9. Resistance: Fall of Man (exclusive, bundled, fps)
  10. MotorStorm (exclusive, bundled, racing)

Xbox 360

1. Halo 3 (exclusive, bundled, fps)
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (bundled, fps)
  3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (fps)
  4. Grand Theft Auto IV (bundled, sandbox)
  5. Call of Duty: World at War (fps)
  6. Gears of War (console exclusive, bundled, tps)
  7. Gears of War 2 (exclusive, bundled, tps)
  8. Halo 3 O.D.S.T. (exclusive, bundled, fps)
  9. Assassin's Creed (sandbox)
  10. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (music)

Wii

1. Wii Sports (exclusive, bundled, sports)
  2. Wii Play (exclusive, party)
  3. Wii Fit (exclusive, fitness)
  4. Mario Kart Wii (exclusive, racing)
  5. Wii Sports Resort (exclusive, bundled, sports)
  6. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (exclusive, platform)
  7. Wii Fit Plus (exclusive, fitness)
  8. Super Smash Bros. Brawl (exclusive, fighting)
  9. Super Mario Galaxy (exclusive, platform)
  10. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (console exclusive, sports)

...Wii's only ever had 4 games bundled ever worldwide (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Monster Hunter 3 & Tales of Graces).  360 and PS3 have each had over 20...

forevercloud3000 said:
Making a game multiplat does not make you more money. Name one video game franchise thatwas exclusive but went MP that didn't underperform or only hit mid ground as a MP? 

Tales Of series went multiplatform with Symphonia, which is its biggest game.  Vesperia's sales also did better once it went multi-platform.

Grand Theft Auto was exclusive to the PS2, went multiplatform with the Xbox, and the series did not underperform

Dito for Metal Gear Solid.

And Street Fighter.

Resident Evil saw a massive rebound when it went multiplatform.

Same for Soul Calibur.

I'm guessing you think Final Fantasy XIII did poorly: I shan't quibble.

There's probably a crapton more that I'm missing, but I'm just going off the cuff here.  Point is, you're wrong.

My wife will be happy. She just beat FF13 and loved it. More power to 360 owners for sure.

First party has still made the difference this gen. But Microsoft really counters with some great third party offerings.

Can't wait to see the meltdown when It's official. I'll stay out of that one lol.

It's just that simple.

noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Making a game multiplat does not make you more money. Name one video game franchise thatwas exclusive but went MP that didn't underperform or only hit mid ground as a MP? 

Tales Of series went multiplatform with Symphonia, which is its biggest game.  Vesperia's sales also did better once it went multi-platform.

Grand Theft Auto was exclusive to the PS2, went multiplatform with the Xbox, and the series did not underperform

And Street Fighter.

Same for Soul Calibur.

There's probably a crapton more that I'm missing, but I'm just going off the cuff here.  Point is, you're wrong.

DMC4

Around the Network

Nice one!

noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

And Street Fighter.

Same for Soul Calibur.

Tales of Symphonia(Exclusive): did 1.10million > Tales of Vesparia(Multiplat) only did  0.85mill. Mind you, Symphonia was on the Gamecube, the system with the smallest userbase at the time.

Grand Theft Auto San An.(Exclusive)=18.31million copies> Grand Theft Auto IV=14.3million. Do you still not see the pattern?

Metal Gear Solid 4(Exclusive)=4.74million> Metal Gear Solid 3=4.07. Whats that? MGS4 did better then the last entry that had more than twice the userbase u say?!!! NO WAY!!?!?!

Street Fighter has always been multiplatform. Why did you even mention this one?

Resident Evil has been multiplat from the start as well

Soul Calibur is also a game which has always been MP. I think what you meant to say was Tekken and....

Tekken 5(Exclusive) 3.66million> Tekken 6(Multiplat)=2.31

Which Proves my point. So it is you who are wrong.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

And Street Fighter.

Same for Soul Calibur.

Tales of Symphonia(Exclusive): did 1.10million > Tales of Vesparia(Multiplat) only did  0.85mill. Mind you, Symphonia was on the Gamecube, the system with the smallest userbase at the time.

Grand Theft Auto San An.(Exclusive)=18.31million copies> Grand Theft Auto IV=14.3million. Do you still not see the pattern?

Metal Gear Solid 4(Exclusive)=4.74million> Metal Gear Solid 3=4.07. Whats that? MGS4 did better then the last entry that had more than twice the userbase u say?!!! NO WAY!!?!?!

Street Fighter has always been multiplatform. Why did you even mention this one?

Soul Calibur is also a game which has always been MP. I think what you meant to say was Tekken and....

Uh, I'm not sure how you can consider Symphonia an exclusive and not Vesperia?  They had practically identical releases (ww release on GC/360, year later JP only port to PS2/PS3)?

San Andreas wasn't exclusive either, though it had a timed exclusive (before it hit PC/Xbox).  Then again, if timed exclusive is the standard, then it also applies to Street Fighter II (SNES te, MD/PCE ports a year later), Resident Evil (PS1 te, Saturn/PC ports a year later) and especially SoulCalibur (DC te, XBLA port...uh... 10 years later).

forevercloud3000 said:
noname2200 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

And Street Fighter.

Same for Soul Calibur.

Blue: San Andreas isn't an exclusive. The GTA series was never an exclusive.

Red: Soul Blade/Edge is a PS exclusive and SoulCalibur was a DC exclusive. So the series started as an exclusive game.

SoulCalibur II was the first multiplatform game in the series. It is also the best selling game in the series. Sold 3.31m (the Xbox version doesn't have the NA/others sales). SoulCalibur III is a PS2 exclusive. Sold only 0.96m. Namco knew that they made a HUGE mistake making III only an exclusive. Namco made the series a multiplatform game with IV. Sold 2.49m.

Lol! Just got back from a 3 days and I regret missing this shit storm. Lots of meltdowns.

OT: I still think Versus is a lot lot better than FFXIII. Reasons: 13 swords and Noctis nuff said.
Yes! I will disappointed if it goes multi-plat ( still gonna wait for E3 and a confirmation from Nomura-san ) but Versus going multi won't stop me from buying the game. Didn't happen in FF XIII. FFVersusXIII will still be my most hype PS3 game unless Persona 5 formally announce by Atlus.

PS:
If it goes multi then 2010 or early 2011 will not be possible and gonna wait for years again.