By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 FF VERSUS XIII Under Consideration (Interview with Wada)!!

I don't really care. As long as I can buy it for my PS3. Then i'm happy.

Around the Network

Idiocy is running rampant in this thread.

FF13 is a mediocre game because of Square, not because of 360. I find it specially funny for Sony fans to cry about it, since they got a technically superior version. No content was cut because of 360 except for japanese voices (which is a minor, minor thing, nobody cares except western otaku). Lower res, framerate problems, badly processed video encoding?? If anything, 360-only players should be the ones angry, because Square aren't competent enough to correctly port a game.

Secondly, PS3 is 3rd in the console race. 3RD! SE is a business, they left Nintendo because of business, they went multiplat because of business. They cannot ignore other platforms, even with the PS3 version selling thrice, 1.5 million copies on 360 is more than enough money for SE to be happy about it!

Third, Final Fantasy and Square AREN'T OWNED BY SONY, they are a third party, it's actually ridiculous for them to have some misguided brand loyalty, it's a global business, and it's a divided videogame generation, this isn't the "PS2 behemoth" days. Heck, SE didn't "pull a mid-90s", they didn't leave Sony like they did Nintendo before, you can still play it on PS3, and a technically superior version at that!

Get a grip and get a life people. Going multiplat is good for gamers, as more people will enjoy the game, if you think FF or SE "belong" or are "traitors", you're in serious need of a reality check.

Masakari said:

FF13 is a mediocre game because of Square, not because of 360. I find it specially funny for Sony fans to cry about it, since they got a technically superior version. No content was cut because of 360 except for japanese voices (which is a minor, minor thing, nobody cares except western otaku). Lower res, framerate problems, badly processed video encoding?? If anything, 360-only players should be the ones angry, because Square aren't competent enough to correctly port a game.

Secondly, PS3 is 3rd in the console race. 3RD! SE is a business, they left Nintendo because of business, they went multiplat because of business. They cannot ignore other platforms, even with the PS3 version selling thrice, 1.5 million copies on 360 is more than enough money for SE to be happy about it!

Third, Final Fantasy and Square AREN'T OWNED BY SONY, they are a third party, it's actually ridiculous for them to have some misguided brand loyalty, it's a global business, and it's a divided videogame generation, this isn't the "PS2 behemoth" days. Heck, SE didn't "pull a mid-90s", they didn't leave Sony like they did Nintendo before, you can still play it on PS3, and a technically superior version at that!

Get a grip and get a life people. Going multiplat is good for gamers, as more people will enjoy the game, if you think FF or SE "belong" or are "traitors", you're in serious need of a reality check.

Someone cares.^^^^^

The point being, they falsely advertise the game as an exclusive to a console in 2006 all the way until E3 2009(i think). The fans are upset about that as you can see.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Masakari said:

Someone cares.^^^^^

The point being, they falsely advertise the game as an exclusive to a console in 2006 all the way until E3 2009. The fans are upset about that as you can see.

....are you trying to be funny?

Seriously, are you.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Masakari said:

I find that statement idiotic. That is your opinion. Just because you think it is mediocre doesn't mean everyone else does.

Around the Network
Masakari said:

Third, Final Fantasy and Square AREN'T OWNED BY SONY

Small correction for the sake of being a jackass:

Sony actually owns a percentage of Square-Enix.

Making a game multiplat does not make you more money. Name one video game franchise thatwas exclusive but went MP that didn't underperform or only hit mid ground as a MP? They all simply sold about the same as it's predecessors. There is no proof that if they had stayed exclusive they wouldn't have had the same results. The main thing that would have changed is console userbase(which is the main reason MS pushes for MP).

If anything Metal Gear Solid 4 is the solitary proof that you can make just as much as previous entries in the series without going MP. Games don't sell more because they are open to a wider userbase, they sell because they are better the last entries(or at least seen as such like COD4 and Halo3).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

deskpro2k3 said:
Masakari said:

Someone cares.^^^^^

The point being, they falsely advertise the game as an exclusive to a console in 2006 all the way until E3 2009(i think). The fans are upset about that as you can see.

The fans bought a PS3 at an insane price because they bought into the hype - they waited years for KZ2, FF13, are still waiting for Versus 13 and GT5. Sony and SE give out false promises, shame on them, they give them out twice, three times, shame on "us" for believing in them. Everyone buying a console for a game that keeps getting promised and delayed, promised and delayed, hey, it's your fault at some point because you keep eating the hype up.

@Wagram: the game has obvious problems, and that's what I meant, as I stated some of them as well - besides, it's a well known and accepted fact. If I or you like the game, that's subjective.

@noname2200: yep, it also doesnt matter (but I know you were just trolling).

forevercloud3000 said:
Making a game multiplat does not make you more money. Name one video game franchise thatwas exclusive but went MP that didn't underperform or only hit mid ground as a MP? They all simply sold about the same as it's predecessors. There is no proof that if they had stayed exclusive they wouldn't have had the same results. The main thing that would have changed is console userbase(which is the main reason MS pushes for MP).

If anything Metal Gear Solid 4 is the solitary proof that you can make just as much as previous entries in the series without going MP. Games don't sell more because they are open to a wider userbase, they sell because they are better the last entries(or at least seen as such like COD4 and Halo3).

You're comparing this gen vs the previous gen, were PS2 was "the Wii" of it's generation, the behemoth with a huge sales lead, and less competition. There's several reasons for several titles seeing the same rough sales when they went multiplat, but essentially, you can also say there's no proof that FF13 or any game would have still sold as well, so any discussion is moot.

And yes, a game can (operative word: can, not will) sell more if they are open to a wider userbase. What you're saying is like "you'll still sell the same 10 icecream cones if 100 people or 1000 people visit your stand" and that's just not true.

The facts remain that last gen people had, for the most part, a PS2. This gen they can have a Wii, a 360, a PS3, or any combination of the above. Very different market shares, very different market, almost zero reason to remain on one platform.

dtewi said:
deskpro2k3 said:
Masakari said:

Someone cares.^^^^^

The point being, they falsely advertise the game as an exclusive to a console in 2006 all the way until E3 2009. The fans are upset about that as you can see.

....are you trying to be funny?

Seriously, are you.

Are you being serious?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5