By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Swedish Retailers Spill Expensive (NATAL) Pricing

Swedish Retailers Spill Project Natal Price and it's Expensive?

At least three Swedish retailers are listing a price for upcoming Xbox 360 motion controller Project Natal and it's not good.

While UK sources were telling MCV that the motion controller would run $80, perhaps less, the three Swedish retail sites are all listing the device for 1,499 SEK, which works out to just under a whopping $200. Now keep in mind a $60 game runs nearly $80, but that's still a pretty penny if it's correct.

There's also a very strong possibility that this is a placeholder price. I certainly hoping that's the case, but I don't see a lot of people lining up to buy a peripheral that costs as much as the console that uses it.

This is Petter from Sweden. I've found Xbox 360 Project Natal on a swedish web site with a price point equivalent to around $149.99 (1499 SEK).

http://cdon.se/spel/microsoft_-_natal_%28working_title%29-8564232">Project Natal, also here and here. [CDON, thanks Petter]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

I highly doubt Natal will be this expensive if MS wants a Mass Market for it, Casuals are not going to spend that much..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Uh. And people were complaining about Move's tentative prices. I doubt both of them will be that expensive unless MS/Sony want more PSP Go's.

isnt gaming in sweden really expensive anyway?? so no suprise

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

you gotta know (like the article noted) , that games outside the US are very expensive.

US gets it way too cheap.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

remember products in EU are much higher priced than Us ones

PS3 cost £425 at launch here = like $800

but it cost $600 in the US

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Its not gonna cost that much

If that's true...

It's not going to do very well.

It will need the best game ever made to be bundled with it to do well at that price.

so it will sell well in US and not so well in Europe?

I doubt that they would price Natal at almost the same price as a 360