By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Swedish Retailers Spill Expensive (NATAL) Pricing

Even if it's true, keep in mind that EU prices always include sales tax, unlike prices in dollars. If this price is correct for Sweden, it would be equivalent to around $150 in the US, after removing the tax and the fact that stuff is usually cheaper there anyway.

But if it's true, it's definitely expensive, especially considering that they went with software processing instead of a more expensive hardware image processing... They have to show some damn good games to get people interested, which after almost a year they haven't done yet.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Even if it's true, keep in mind that EU prices always include sales tax, unlike prices in dollars. If this price is correct for Sweden, it would be equivalent to around $150 in the US, after removing the tax and the fact that stuff is usually cheaper there anyway.

But if it's true, it's definitely expensive, especially considering that they went with software processing instead of a more expensive hardware image processing... They have to show some damn good games to get people interested, which after almost a year they haven't done yet.

I don't anything over 100 dollars is really pushing it. I mean unless they do a massive price cut on the 360 itself it might not sell too well. I mean MS can afford to sell it at a loss for now.

PSN ID: KingFate_

This is probably true in Sweden but i doubt it will cost more in Us.

Aaron Greenberg said on twitter today that they have not sent any price info to any retailers.

Just want to play good games

Best Buy.com had Red Dead Redemption listed for $999.99 this weekend. I did not order it.

Around the Network

There is no way any retailer knows what price it's going to retail for, Microsoft has no reason to let them know .....

kowenicki said:
if thats true... its DOA.

true - but I struggle to believe MS would really send Natal out with such a hefty price tag.  It would be crazy.  I don't think Natal's going to be that cheap, but on the other hand I can't believe it's going to be that expensive either.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I highly Doubt Natal will be that expensive, My Biggest worry is Natal uses between 10-15 percent of the CPU power, We have not seen any large step in graphics on the 360 since Gears 2, Since Gears 2 everything has been about the same, so If its close to its limits what are the games developed for Natal going to look like and run like? I am guessing the price for Natal will be $99.99-$129.99 dollars US. So I guess we will see, I have a lot of questions.

haxxiy said:

Uh. And people were complaining about Move's tentative prices. I doubt both of them will be that expensive unless MS/Sony want more PSP Go's.

i haft to give you credit for pointting this out. if move cost as mutch as some people beleave it will that would be a epic fail. so would this so called natal pricing!

my price prediction's

move $99-$149

natal $149

anymore then this and i don't see either selling mutch.

Severance said:
you gotta know (like the article noted) , that games outside the US are very expensive.

US gets it way too cheap.

Not in the UK. We pay even less than in the US. For example I got a new copy of Alan Wake for £36.00 which roughly equates to $53.00.