By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Am Disheartened . . .

You should have sold it to him for about $180 not give it him for free :O.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I cannot blame your friend. Sony has made the Wii a non factor for me this gen. Nintendo has lost all connection with me. They brought me into this style of entertainment as a child, but Playstation and Microsoft have been keeping me in it. I could care less if Sony copied, because they proved their point about what a hardcore system does and no one can really defend Nintendo. This E3 is do or die for Nintendo....plain and simple.

Unless you play games... not to say there are a shit ton of games out there to try out and play, but there are a shit ton of games out there to try out and play.  Really there has never been a time where one console has made another a "non factor" any way you go about it you're gonna miss out on games, and if your hobby is gaming... then you're missing out on your hobby. Hell I had the Atari Jaguar, the console has like 2 good games on it cause it had such a short lifespan, but its 2 games I got to play and enjoy so my time was well spent. 

Honestly whenever I hear anyone trashing another console cause of one of the competitors made the said console not worth it, I simply see someone trying to justify a purchase of one rather than the other to people who simply don't care, and I hear "derp derp derp" going through my head whenever they're speaking, its the oddest thing.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

really, I don't see a reason to disheartened, unless you still had partial ownership or a stake in the Wii. If you did and he sold it without telling you then he would e kinda of a dick. As it stands, he made a choice many of us here would not make, but nothing unethical or amoral.

Think of it this way ... when you visit you can play PS3 games. My brother has a Ps3 and when we were roommates I played the system quite a bit. Now he is on the other side of town and one of my roomates has a 360. Nothing wrong with them having "enemy" systems. I can play them as well.

My brothers ps3 has been acting up lately and I have been thinking of making him a offer, as he just bought a 360 and enjoys it.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

I don't care which systems are involved , selling something you were given as a gift is a d!ck move.

It's like asking how much a gift cost, it's just bad manners.

His moving on to better things ;)
I have both so I don't know what to say

Around the Network

I often give my things away when someone else is in need of something such as xbox 360, pc, laptop, hd tv, iphone etc
But I always add, that they are for using because that's what you wanted it for and not for selling and if you intend to sell it, it then reverts back to my property!

Can't stand it when someones good nature is taken advantage of by someone by selling something they have been given to them on the undrstanding they were going to use it.

I've sold a console only once and that was only because I already had one (Playstation). I even have my NES locked away in a cupboard somewhere!

Zlejedi said:
The only part i find questionable is selling gift.

Yeah, that's some pretty lousy gift etiquette right there.

Dude, your gift sucked, so I sold it! Thanks!

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

theARTIST0017 said:

I am sorry but this is more personal nothing mainstream or anything. It was about a year back I was at Brunswick with my cousins and I won a Wii in one of the gaming machines and gave it to him (cause I already had one). Today I go to his house to find out that he had sold it with the help of a friend for $200. I asked him why he sold the Wii and he said becuse he was saving for a PS3. Not that was very disheartening to hear that he sold the Wii, but if he had sold it because he needed to pay a bill I would have reason and said oh because that makes sense. But to hear it was for a PS3 made it even worse because he used to love Nintendo but he kind of lost his love for it. I have nothing against Sony or anything I respect their business I like Playstation but I just felt like reaching out to fellow Nintendo gamers out their so you can tell me how this story makes you feel.

And if you guys have similar stories or something you would like to share please do. Oh and thank you for reading those that did.

This story makes me shake my head in understandable disbelief...

I used the be the BIGGEST rabid Nintendo fanboy.  And when I first heard that that SONY had a console called the "PlayStation," I was like "sounds more like some gay bar to me"  (please forgive me here because I was blinded by immaturity back in those days).  And I was like, what's SONY doing making a gaming console???  But I later learned that the franchise that ran through my vessels (Final fantasy) jumped shipped to land on the console I vowed to never buy.  So I swallowed my pride and became a gamer the day I bought an original PlayStation, a memory card, and a brand new copy of Final Fantasy VII.  It was so golden.

During this time, there was this little invention called the internet what was really taking off.  It made information so accessable that I started to learn things about by beloved Nintendo that I never thought to be true such as their strained relationship with Squaresoft.  Also SONY entered the market with the PlayStation to help recuperate losses from a CD project they had with Nintendo in which it was halted after Nintendo stabbed SONY in the back.  So really my eyes opened.  But thankfully the heart of Nintendo, Shiguru Myamato, remained true to himself and is the reason why Nintendo has always remained with me in some form or fashion.  This is what makes Nintendo so great.

So congrats to your friend on his PS3.  It's an awesome console.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

How could he sell something that was given to him AS A GIFT! That's rude...