By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I Am Disheartened . . .

I am sorry but this is more personal nothing mainstream or anything. It was about a year back I was at Brunswick with my cousins and I won a Wii in one of the gaming machines and gave it to him (cause I already had one). Today I go to his house to find out that he had sold it with the help of a friend for $200. I asked him why he sold the Wii and he said becuse he was saving for a PS3. Not that was very disheartening to hear that he sold the Wii, but if he had sold it because he needed to pay a bill I would have reason and said oh because that makes sense. But to hear it was for a PS3 made it even worse because he used to love Nintendo but he kind of lost his love for it. I have nothing against Sony or anything I respect their business I like Playstation but I just felt like reaching out to fellow Nintendo gamers out their so you can tell me how this story makes you feel.

And if you guys have similar stories or something you would like to share please do. Oh and thank you for reading those that did.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

Seems like a dumb move on his part. Now he's got to save an extra 100 dollars to get the PS3, plus he needs to buy the games. All that and he could have already been playing SMG2.

Of course if he's a shooter or RPG fanatic, I don't blame him.

My friend got a DS at launch and traded it in later to help pay for a PSP. I told him he was dead to me. He did later get a DS again. I said 'haha you douche' and then we made love in the moonlight. I love happy endings.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I find that when people get older, they tend to detach themselves with what they used to love, whether it is nickelodeon/disney shows, pokemon cards, etc. It's the conformist idea that 'okay you're getting older, so you have to act like a grown up'. I'm 20 and I still watch nickelodeon and disney movies because they're nostalgic and I still get a lot of entertainment out of them. This is probably one of the main reasons why I love nintendo so much... because of how much nostalgia it holds. XD I'm not going to throw that all away and devote myself to the 'hardcore' PS3 (even though I own one and do enjoy it from time to time :P) .

... Meh..... he misses out on Zelda Wii ^_^ .

To each his own. Be happy that he's happy and is going to get to play the games he loves, and you facilitated this. If he buys his PS3 and he is disatisfied then you can give him a big dose of it-serves-you-right :)

Around the Network

*shrug* I've told people before that it's rather stupid to sell any console unless a new one that plays the old games comes out.

People sell their consoles for other consoles everyday that's how Gamestop lives and breathes if I went "ZOMG NO HE DIDN'T!" Every time it happened I wouldn't have time to live out a normal life.

To be honest I hope it wasn't a choice made by stupidity and ignorance like I've seen happen so often. Hell I tried telling this guy before he traded in his Wii he should probably play some of the good games he didn't even bother with, stopped working at gamestop, became friends with his nephew went over to his house where I was working on my friends Wii and the guy came in, wondering what we were doing, we were talking about all the cool games coming out/already out, he went "really? there were all those games?" then when he was standing there I went online with the wifi connection on the Wii and he went "that thing has a web browser too?" (he has a 360) and then stated how he needed to "get another Wii apparently" and I brought up where I told him to not sell it lol now he's out about 150 dollars, I hope it was worth it lol

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Personally, I hope who ever has that Wii right now is enjoying it.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Ditch that friend. He's a fucking asshole. I may hate the Wii, but I'm not going to sell it.

Unless your friend is a douche who has no idea what games the Wii or PS3 has, then there really isn't anything wrong here. If he isn't satisfied with the Wii, then the PS3 has different games that might satisfy him, end of story.

And being attached to companies is silly. If one company isn't catering to your current tastes, then someone else will.

I'm so upset that someone doesn't like the wii that i will go and have a big cry

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia