By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: Black Ops confirmed for Wii

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/cod-black-ops-for-wii-confirmed

Activision has confirmed to Eurogamer that Call of Duty: Black Ops will launch on Wii, as well as Xbox 360, PC and PS3, on 9th November.

Although platforms weren't discussed when Black Ops was originally announced, we noticed that a Wii version was mentioned in the USA Today preview we reported on this morning.

We contacted Activision for comment and the publisher said that "Black Ops will be available on all four platforms, PS3, X360, PC and Wii, on 9th November."

Black Ops developer Treyarch has traditionally supported Wii with its releases in the Call of Duty series, so this doesn't come as a surprise - although last year's blockbuster, Modern Warfare 2, had no Wii version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if the Infinity Ward games will start launching simultaneously on the Wii and HD platforms as well.

Around the Network

Nice consdiering COD reflex has sold over 1 Million I bet this will be appreciated.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Heh, I was just about to post this, and now this thread makes this thread even more silly than it was when it was initially posted. And it was pretty darn silly at the time.

Was there any doubt? I bet the people who were crying must feel silly.

I was personally expecting this. Treyarch.

Around the Network

It is one of the most consistently selling series on the system. Hopefully this will finally have splitscreen multiplayer.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Well... I was expecting them to get MW2 out on Wii as quick as possible, so a bit of a surprise to me.

MW2 next year then?

And that 300 post thread where everyone was whining and trolling the Wii for not having Black Ops was for nothing... again... big surprise!

I think I'm just locking any thread that comes up next year to save the headache.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
And that 300 post thread where everyone was whining and trolling the Wii for not having Black Ops was for nothing... again... big surprise!

I think I'm just locking any thread that comes up next year to save the headache.

Could you temporarily unlock it, just to make a post linking to the artile, along with an eating crow picture?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

As if Activision was going to leave an easy million unit sales lying on the table.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.