By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry : Alan Wake Tech Analysis

Arguing tech talk and visuals on consoles is like arguing which souped up Civic is the fastest.

Its all fun until a gaming Ferrari comes by (PC with quad SLI video card) :)

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Arguing tech talk and visuals on consoles is like arguing which souped up Civic is the fastest.

Well, some of us are actually interested in how the games are constructed and how they twist the hardware to serve their needs. So if the game isn't on PC, it becomes completely irrelevant.

disolitude said:

i like that analogy!

because not everyone wants to buy a Ferrari when it does the same as a Civic just a bit faster, but for considerably more money

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Lord Flashheart said:
@MikeB U2 took two years because the had laid the ground work with U1.
A better comparison for development time would have been GT5 not a sequel.

You are as good as spin as Selnor but without the personality.

Uncharted 1 didn't take 5 years either though.  Jak 3 came out in '04, Jak X in '05, and Uncharted released in '07

Lord Flashheart said:
shanbcn said:
I think that KZ2 still is best looking game out there. Closet thing to CGI, im the only one thinking that way?

No it's still Crysis, with mods.

Fixed

OT:
Well, i think we gathered from reviews that it wasn't in the ring with the big boys... But still, it looks great.

Around the Network

It's threads like this that make me lose faith in "gamers" and hate coming to this site. AW is an amazing game but all people are hung up is the visuals and how IT HAS TO BE better than any ps3 exclusive or the world will end. Seriously people, get back with the programme, enjoying the fucking game and stop being so childish!

I look forward to the Reach is the best graphics eva threads.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

coolbeans said:
^What reviews are you gathering?

Just take a look at Selnor's prediction thread, it says all i need to say

Ajescent said:
It's threads like this that make me lose faith in "gamers" and hate coming to this site. AW is an amazing game but all people are hung up is the visuals and how IT HAS TO BE better than any ps3 exclusive or the world will end. Seriously people, get back with the programme, enjoying the fucking game and stop being so childish!

I look forward to the Reach is the best graphics eva threads.

I think  all the talk about AW visuals was mostly because of the over hyping of this game's graphics by certain ppl here.

Hmmm... a little dissappointing as I thought they'd be pushing the visual bar a bit higher. However, the article does suggest early development and design (PC based engine and originally open world) has held them back a bit and that they'd be able to push for some improved efficiency in the engine. Personally I'm still hoping they'll announce a PC version a little down the line.

coolbeans said:
Carl2291 said:
coolbeans said:
^What reviews are you gathering?

Just take a look at Selnor's prediction thread, it says all i need to say

You might need to say a bit more than that .  That's for best graphics not a review thread to see whether or not it can hang with the "big dogs",  I don't recall seeing that in his thread.

That's what i meant!

I thought the thread was about graphics lol.