By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry : Alan Wake Tech Analysis

Lord Flashheart said:
Ajescent said:

I know some people enjoy looking at the visuals of some games, I for one enjoy watching flOwer in action and FF13 as well as Uncharted 2 have had moments where I've stopped playing and thought..."wow", but what I really don't get is people who latch on to every exclusive and label it best graphics eva!!! If it wasn't Killzone 2, it was Uncharted 2 then it's God of War 3. On the other side of the coin, Metro 2033, Alan Wake and as I said earlier, I look forward to Reach threads popping up.

What REALLY annoys me is when a bandwagon is formed for a game thought to be 360 exclusives (Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Brink) are hyped to infinity and beyond and called best graphics eva contenders but the moment a whisper appears that it might appear on the ps3, all support for it is dropped and it's like it never existed.

A part of me thinks that if AW was multi, Selnor wouldn't actually be helming the bandwagon...just a theory but whatever.

Proof.

Proof 360 owners have have acted like Ps3 owners on the same scale or any scale. That is what PS3 owners do and the reverse. As soon as a 360 exclusive comes out on the PS3 all the hate and ridicule is gone from them.

Part of me thinks is Alan Wake was PS3 exclusive PS3 owners would have a problem with jumping on the hate bandwagon ...just a fact but whatever.

If AW was ps3 exclusive it would be reverse the 360 squad would be going all out how it didn't live up to the hype and selnor wouldn't be touting AW as a technical marvel or even try to nitpick some quotes to prove AW is "up there" or somthing....

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
Non HD, HD, best grapix eva, "up der with the big dogs" meh I dont care.

Just hope it does well enough that Remedy will finish their PC version. This game SCREAMS "Play me in your Gaming Chair with Headphones on!" to me :)

Link your chair up to a 360.

Problem solved

Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Just hope it does well enough that Remedy will finish their PC version. This game SCREAMS "Play me in your Gaming Chair with Headphones on!" to me :)

Problem solved

Wow, why didnt I think of that....  Unfortunately, that cannot happen.

Ping_ii said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ajescent said:

I know some people enjoy looking at the visuals of some games, I for one enjoy watching flOwer in action and FF13 as well as Uncharted 2 have had moments where I've stopped playing and thought..."wow", but what I really don't get is people who latch on to every exclusive and label it best graphics eva!!! If it wasn't Killzone 2, it was Uncharted 2 then it's God of War 3. On the other side of the coin, Metro 2033, Alan Wake and as I said earlier, I look forward to Reach threads popping up.

What REALLY annoys me is when a bandwagon is formed for a game thought to be 360 exclusives (Splinter Cell, Mass Effect 2, Brink) are hyped to infinity and beyond and called best graphics eva contenders but the moment a whisper appears that it might appear on the ps3, all support for it is dropped and it's like it never existed.

A part of me thinks that if AW was multi, Selnor wouldn't actually be helming the bandwagon...just a theory but whatever.

Proof.

Proof 360 owners have have acted like Ps3 owners on the same scale or any scale. That is what PS3 owners do and the reverse. As soon as a 360 exclusive comes out on the PS3 all the hate and ridicule is gone from them.

Part of me thinks is Alan Wake was PS3 exclusive PS3 owners would have a problem with jumping on the hate bandwagon ...just a fact but whatever.

If AW was ps3 exclusive it would be reverse the 360 squad would be going all out how it didn't live up to the hype and selnor wouldn't be touting AW as a technical marvel or even try to nitpick some quotes to prove AW is "up there" or somthing....

Selnor wouldn't be promoting it as he doesn't have a PS3. Does he have to promote games he wont buy? Your logic makes no sense. He also wouldn't be in the PS thread attacking PS owners or the exclusives (well as far as I know)

So we aren't allowed to be excited for 360 exclusives? All 360 owners are judged by one person now?

And if it was reversed the sony threads would be largely clear from people like you in this thread.

Ajescent said:
Rainbird said:
Ajescent said:
People need to get back to the whole reason we picked up control pads to begin with. Games are fun to play not because they are pretty to look at.

Don't take it so hard. Sure, there are people who delve way too much into this, but they're either looking for a reason to troll it anyway, or buy into anyone saying "best graphix evar!!!1" way too easily.

Some of us are just genuinly interested in the technology powering the games we play though, and knowing the technological makeup of a game isn't really going to change anything about the quality of the game for us.

Selnor did it for MW2. He just enjoys a good looking game. Pity he choses the wrong game most of the time but at least he can admit his mistakes unlike a lot of people here.

Around the Network
Ssenkahdavic said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Problem solved

Borrow a friends 360 or get over the fact its no longer on a PC.

Problem solved

Ajescent said:
Rainbird said:
Ajescent said:
People need to get back to the whole reason we picked up control pads to begin with. Games are fun to play not because they are pretty to look at.

Don't take it so hard. Sure, there are people who delve way too much into this, but they're either looking for a reason to troll it anyway, or buy into anyone saying "best graphix evar!!!1" way too easily.

Some of us are just genuinly interested in the technology powering the games we play though, and knowing the technological makeup of a game isn't really going to change anything about the quality of the game for us.

Yeah, the whole dick measuring contest of "best graphix" is pretty silly, no matter who starts it.

Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Problem solved

Borrow a friends 360 or get over the fact its no longer on a PC.

Problem solved

I will be playing it on the 360 (so borrowing on is a bit silly isnt it?)  It just cannot happen.  Calm yourself so you do not strain something. 

Problem Solved. 

Lord Flashheart said:
Ping_ii said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ajescent said:

Proof.

Selnor wouldn't be promoting it as he doesn't have a PS3. Does he have to promote games he wont buy? Your logic makes no sense. He also wouldn't be in the PS thread attacking PS owners or the exclusives (well as far as I know)

So we aren't allowed to be excited for 360 exclusives? All 360 owners are judged by one person now?

And if it was reversed the sony threads would be largely clear from people like you in this thread.

Yep he wouldn't be promoting, he would be downplaying it instead(just like how he said KZ2 uses cover ups and trick to come up with good graphics)....

where did I said 360 fans arn't allowed to be exited for 360?

If it was revers threads like this would be full of ppl like you......

No they wouldn't. I don't troll.

I dare you to find me trolling in the sony threads.

Go to the sony threads and tell me they are full 360 fans downplaying PS3 exclusives.

Also I wasn't implying you were trolling here but its clear you don't like the 360 and you wouldn't be in the sony exclusive threads saying what you are saying here would you. Hence PEOPLE like you. Having a go at 360 owners but not PS3 owners.