By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry : Alan Wake Tech Analysis

Lightning_24 said:
Lord Flashheart said:

I never said that. That wasn't my point. I said looking at the logos one can take the comment a certain way due to past trolls in these sort of threads.

If you are going to use my logic then use it. As it is you are sticking to what ever it is you have been using.

here's what I said
"I seen you have a PC and PS3 logo under your name. In an AW thread that usually means causing trouble or making unnecessary comments."

Now how does that translate into "whoever doesn't have that system under their name is a troll for the other?"

Your comment came off to me that way, it doesn't matter what you meant by it, all that matters is what others think you meant. Remember we aren't talking in person and we have to go by text. Your text to me basically said what I was thinking you said. That it doesn't mean just for an AW thread it means for any thread. Furthermore, I have looked through you history and you haven't trolled the PS3 but since you don't have a PS3 and you have commented in thread about move basically saying it's a Wii copy that is hostile. Oh and I don't want to go off on how the PS3 and Wii are the same or whatever that would be off topic even further and that should stop there. So still what you have said, "unnecessary comments" like the PS3 copying Wii would be trolling the PS3 or Sony going by what you have said.

That was what I was saying when he made the comment. I believe i even pointed it out to him and explained how people can make that mistake.

"I seen you have a PC and PS3 logo under your name. In an AW thread that usually means causing trouble or making unnecessary comments."

Yes I did. Now if you still cannot grasp that then I am wasting my time with you.

The Wii coment was pointing out how attitudes withing sony and its fans have changed towards the motion controls. Again you seem to have a problem with gauging peoples tones within messages. May I recommend you leave the internet until you learn how to as that will lead to a lot of misunderstandings.
Especially with someone who has a sarky nature. Not that I do

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
Lightning_24 said:
Lord Flashheart said:

I never said that. That wasn't my point. I said looking at the logos one can take the comment a certain way due to past trolls in these sort of threads.

If you are going to use my logic then use it. As it is you are sticking to what ever it is you have been using.

here's what I said

Now how does that translate into "whoever doesn't have that system under their name is a troll for the other?"

Your comment came off to me that way, it doesn't matter what you meant by it, all that matters is what others think you meant. Remember we aren't talking in person and we have to go by text. Your text to me basically said what I was thinking you said. That it doesn't mean just for an AW thread it means for any thread. Furthermore, I have looked through you history and you haven't trolled the PS3 but since you don't have a PS3 and you have commented in thread about move basically saying it's a Wii copy that is hostile. Oh and I don't want to go off on how the PS3 and Wii are the same or whatever that would be off topic even further and that should stop there. So still what you have said, "unnecessary comments" like the PS3 copying Wii would be trolling the PS3 or Sony going by what you have said.

That was what I was saying when he made the comment. I believe i even pointed it out to him and explained how people can make that mistake.

Yes I did. Now if you still cannot grasp that then I am wasting my time with you.

The Wii coment was pointing out how attitudes withing sony and its fans have changed towards the motion controls. Again you seem to have a problem with gauging peoples tones within messages. May I recommend you leave the internet until you learn how to as that will lead to a lot of misunderstandings.
Especially with someone who has a sarky nature. Not that I do

You know I haven't been mean to you or said anything harsh but you come at me telling me to leave. I took your quote about the Wii and PS3 at a glance I didn't really look at it. But I was still commenting on the fact you have no PS3 and commenting about it. I don't really care about this though that's why I'm not getting angry about it. But you seem to be upset with me telling me to leave. Hey that's who you are and that's fine. I hardly come here. I usually just look at the news and don't comment much. I just felt the need to comment on your comment. And I didn't even read what you two were talking about so I may have some miss information, but when I saw your comment I just had to say something. Don't worry I'm not hurt, I don't get hurt over things like this and I read comment for what they are worth and that's what I got form yours. So I'll stay around the internet and keep reading thing and comment when I want. 

Again. Learn to understand peoples tones. If the innocent gif and the comment about sarky people on the internet wasn't a clue to my tone then you really should leave the internet.
I'll leave an indicator from now on so you can hopefully inderstand my tone. /sarky/joke

May I also recommend if you are going to jump into a conversation you READ the conversation. /amazed/unbelieveable/serious

Lord Flashheart said:
Again. Learn to understand peoples tones. If the innocent gif and the comment about sarky people on the internet wasn't a clue to my tone then you really should leave the internet.
I'll leave an indicator from now on so you can hopefully inderstand my tone. /sarky/joke

May I also recommend if you are going to jump into a conversation you READ the conversation. /amazed/unbelieveable/serious

I don't like reading many things I like jumping on people for out of conext comments all the times. I have no idea what sarky means anyways so I wouldn't get that. Also there aren't really tones in text, even a gif won't help I could say something really harsh to someone and put  does that make it better.

And yet still you tell me to leave. It's the internet, I don't really care if I get jokes or not. Plus you didn't put anything after that. I suggest you be more considerate of people on the internet.

If you had read the conversation you would have seen it was not out of context but yours was. /helpful
advice
If you was to say something harsh and put i would assume you was joking so it would be counter-productive for you as it alters the intent behind your message. /more helpful advice
Sarky means sarcastic /even more helpful advice
The get of the internet was a joke which i said earlier /clarification

Overall tone of the message /sarky

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
If you had read the conversation you would have seen it was not out of context but yours was. /helpful
advice
If you was to say something harsh and put i would assume you was joking so it would be counter-productive for you as it alters the intent behind your message. /more helpful advice
Sarky means sarcastic /even more helpful advice
The get of the internet was a joke which i said earlier /clarification

Overall tone of the message /sarky

That's what I meant mine was out of context, I just pulled your comment out and commented it generaly. So without anything else attached to it I'm right ha got ya there

Thank you for everything else learn something every day. Now lets go troll  those consoles we don't own.

No you're not I'm right /getting ready to throw a strop, voice has already gone high pitched and whiney in the real world.

Lord Flashheart said:
No you're not I'm right /getting ready to throw a strop, voice has already gone high pitched and whiney in the real world.

We could play this game all day long but you will never be right when you go against me I will always find something that I'm right at even if I have to reach.

Lightning_24 said:

That's what I meant mine was out of context, I just pulled your comment out and commented it generaly. So without anything else attached to it I'm right ha got ya there

Thank you for everything else learn something every day. Now lets go troll  those consoles we don't own.

You already are /joking

I couldn't resist.

coolbeans said:
Carl2291 said:
coolbeans said:
Carl2291 said:
coolbeans said:
Carl2291 said:
coolbeans said:
^What reviews are you gathering?

Just take a look at Selnor's prediction thread, it says all i need to say

You might need to say a bit more than that .  That's for best graphics not a review thread to see whether or not it can hang with the "big dogs",  I don't recall seeing that in his thread.

That's what i meant!

I thought the thread was about graphics lol.

You said wasn't in the ring with the big boys.  Does that mean it's not in league with GoW3+U2 or something else entirely?  I've seen enough reviews make the statement that it is in league with the best on consoles but doesn't seem to be the best which is what sel's thread was about.

Well... It isn't. Because of one major detail.

It isn't HD.

Yet reviewers are still putting it in the same league as them?  Perhaps you should give them a heads-up :)

Ahem... what reviewers?