By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry : Alan Wake Tech Analysis

Ssenkahdavic said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Non HD, HD, best grapix eva, "up der with the big dogs" meh I dont care.

Just hope it does well enough that Remedy will finish their PC version. This game SCREAMS "Play me in your Gaming Chair with Headphones on!" to me :)

Link your chair up to a 360.

Problem solved

Wow, why didnt I think of that....  Unfortunately, that cannot happen.

Borrow a friends 360 or get over the fact its no longer on a PC.

Problem solved

I will be playing it on the 360 (so borrowing on is a bit silly isnt it?)  It just cannot happen.  Calm yourself so you do not strain something. 

Problem Solved. 

I seen you have a PC and PS3 logo under your name. In an AW thread that usually means causing trouble or making unnecessary comments.

Maybe if you said why it can't happen you wouldn't have come across like one of those lot.

Around the Network
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:
Non HD, HD, best grapix eva, "up der with the big dogs" meh I dont care.

Just hope it does well enough that Remedy will finish their PC version. This game SCREAMS "Play me in your Gaming Chair with Headphones on!" to me :)

Link your chair up to a 360.

Problem solved

Wow, why didnt I think of that....  Unfortunately, that cannot happen.

Borrow a friends 360 or get over the fact its no longer on a PC.

Problem solved

I will be playing it on the 360 (so borrowing on is a bit silly isnt it?)  It just cannot happen.  Calm yourself so you do not strain something. 

Problem Solved. 

I seen you have a PC and PS3 logo under your name. In an AW thread that usually means causing trouble or making unnecessary comments.

Maybe if you said why it can't happen you wouldn't have come across like one of those lot.

I do not own a 360, so I do not post that I do (or have it listed that I do).  My roommate does and I will be playing it on his 360 (likewise when he plays games on my PS3).  Since I cannot move the chair into his room, it is not possible.  Due to the fact I made no attempt at trolling anything (nor a comment to promote that) wouldnt you agree that assumptions are not always accurate?

Hell, I even said I hope to does well.  Does not seem very trollish to me.

Lord Flashheart said:
Yakuzaice said:
Lord Flashheart said:
@MikeB U2 took two years because the had laid the ground work with U1.
A better comparison for development time would have been GT5 not a sequel.

You are as good as spin as Selnor but without the personality.

Uncharted 1 didn't take 5 years either though.  Jak 3 came out in '04, Jak X in '05, and Uncharted released in '07

Gears one didn't take five years neither did 2. Whats your point.

One 360 game did. Doesn't mean you can draw comparison with a game that didn't and say look how long that took.

Like I said compare it to GT5 not a sequel. Or God of War 3 how long did that take? Heavy Rain? maybe this is revenge for all the times 360 owners have ridiculed how long it takes a Ps3 game to come out but doesn't change the facts no matter how much you spin it.

Not sure why you keep bringing up other games.  MikeB was comparing Uncharted 2 and Alan Wake development times.  You argued that the comparison wasn't fair because Uncharted was a sequel.  When I mention that the first Uncharted took nowhere near 5 years you just bring up GT5 and Gears of War.

As for God of War 3, it came out 3 years after God of War 2.

lol Selnor got the job done alright, one page in and thread is derailed, if all you xbox defense force members wants to blame someone, blame him, cuz when he makes comments in comparison to other games people will discuss it, simple as that

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Lord Flashheart said:
Ssenkahdavic said:

Problem Solved. 

I see you have no Sony products under your name so you must go around trolling the PS3 every chance you get. That comment you made wasn't a smart one. I don't have a 360 but I go into threads about the 360 to see if it is a game I am interested in and see if I may want to get a 360. What you have said is that I can not come into threads like these without being labled a troll. I was interested in AW when it was first announced a sandbox game now since it isn't anymore I have lost some interest but I want to see how it does. I won't be buying a 360 for it but I will watch some video's of it because this game does look good but I haven't heard good things about the story, and stories are what I live for in video games, not good graphics. Though graphics always are a plus.

Around the Network

Look in the Sony threads for me.
you'll see me but not trolling.
I dare you
I actually said you should have explained why it just wont happen otherwise you'll look like the PC trolls in AW threads.

Lord Flashheart said:
I dare you
I actually said you should have explained why it just wont happen otherwise you'll look like the PC trolls in AW threads.

That wasn't my point, my point was how your comment doesn't make sense. You basically said whoever doesn't have that system under their name is a troll for the other, so that would go for you as well, I am just using your logic.

Yakuzaice said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Yakuzaice said:
Lord Flashheart said:
@MikeB U2 took two years because the had laid the ground work with U1.
A better comparison for development time would have been GT5 not a sequel.

You are as good as spin as Selnor but without the personality.

Uncharted 1 didn't take 5 years either though.  Jak 3 came out in '04, Jak X in '05, and Uncharted released in '07

Gears one didn't take five years neither did 2. Whats your point.

One 360 game did. Doesn't mean you can draw comparison with a game that didn't and say look how long that took.

Like I said compare it to GT5 not a sequel. Or God of War 3 how long did that take? Heavy Rain? maybe this is revenge for all the times 360 owners have ridiculed how long it takes a Ps3 game to come out but doesn't change the facts no matter how much you spin it.

Not sure why you keep bringing up other games.  MikeB was comparing Uncharted 2 and Alan Wake development times.  You argued that the comparison wasn't fair because Uncharted was a sequel.  When I mention that the first Uncharted took nowhere near 5 years you just bring up GT5 and Gears of War.

As for God of War 3, it came out 3 years after God of War 2.

So he can bring up other games to make unfair comparisons.

I understand.

I can't do the same or ask he uses a game with a comparable dev time?

I understand. I'm in the wrong.

Lightning_24 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
I dare you

That wasn't my point, my point was how your comment doesn't make sense. You basically said whoever doesn't have that system under their name is a troll for the other, so that would go for you as well, I am just using your logic.

I never said that. That wasn't my point. I said looking at the logos one can take the comment a certain way due to past trolls in these sort of threads.

If you are going to use my logic then use it. As it is you are sticking to what ever it is you have been using.

here's what I said
"I seen you have a PC and PS3 logo under your name. In an AW thread that usually means causing trouble or making unnecessary comments."

Now how does that translate into "whoever doesn't have that system under their name is a troll for the other?"

Lord Flashheart said:
Lightning_24 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
I dare you

I never said that. That wasn't my point. I said looking at the logos one can take the comment a certain way due to past trolls in these sort of threads.

If you are going to use my logic then use it. As it is you are sticking to what ever it is you have been using.

here's what I said
"I seen you have a PC and PS3 logo under your name. In an AW thread that usually means causing trouble or making unnecessary comments."

Now how does that translate into "whoever doesn't have that system under their name is a troll for the other?"

Your comment came off to me that way, it doesn't matter what you meant by it, all that matters is what others think you meant. Remember we aren't talking in person and we have to go by text. Your text to me basically said what I was thinking you said. That it doesn't mean just for an AW thread it means for any thread. Furthermore, I have looked through you history and you haven't trolled the PS3 but since you don't have a PS3 and you have commented in thread about move basically saying it's a Wii copy that is hostile. Oh and I don't want to go off on how the PS3 and Wii are the same or whatever that would be off topic even further and that should stop there. So still what you have said, "unnecessary comments" like the PS3 copying Wii would be trolling the PS3 or Sony going by what you have said.