By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Real Cause of Islamic Fundamentalism is Hitler.

Doobie_wop said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:

@ Doobie_wop - The amount of christians who think gays should be burnt alive, blacks as slaves and who think president Obama is the antichrist is probably the same amount as the 1 percent of muslims who actually support terrorism so before you so ignorantly use  the term "many" get your facts straight.

@ ironman - Please provide references or articles where it stated that most muslims didn't show up for work that day. It probably has the same credibility as the internet rumours that 4000 jews didnt show up to work at the world trade center that day. Also there is more than enough evidence out there and quite the heavy debate wether or not 9/11 itself was a false flag attack (which is another topic on its own).

As soon as you said that I lost interest in anything else you had to say on the topic. The extremist are the same in every religion, just because one get's more TV exposure than the other it doesn't mean that their ideology is popular.

How is that? I was giving a justified comparison. If you read my comment I stated that there are extremists in every religion, probably around 1% for both the muslim and christian religions and that your comment was way out too lunch too say that "many" chrsitians believe what you stated. Re-read my comment, thank you :)

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

Doobie_wop, you did see that he said ONE percent right? I'm not sure where your outrage is coming from on this one.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Final-Fan said:
ironman said:
What part of "...that just may sooth your ignorance" is not an insult? You need to reread your post. I do hope you at least got a warning for that. 

And if you think that my single example is isolated then you sir, live in a fantasy world. hey, here's another fun fact. My dad worked at the IBM building in Rochester MN (you know, the one that is over a mile long?) on 9/11 not a single Muslim came to work, this was reportedly the case in many other businesses in Rochester. Now you can try and tell me that the Muslim religion is one of peace and love, but I know better, they knew about the impending attack and didn't warn anybody. I made a generalization because while it's obviously not something all Muslims follow (and I know because I had a Muslim friend back in college) over in the middle east there are many who do believe that the Coran orders them to kill all Jews. And obviously even here in America there are those that do. So go ahead, call me discriminatory, but I know better.

@Final Fan, yes, the Coran DOES make it quite clear that Muslims are to kill all Jews Some muslims obviously don't believe that, but there are too many that do for me to just dismiss it. 

And as for my anecdote why in the world would a young Muslim come at the one guy on the crew that was Jewish, and not any of the other guys? In-fact, no matter how offensive, that is no reason to try and kill somebody, that is a sure sign of intolerance. No matter which way you try and twist it, it's quite clear that the Muslim intended to kill the Jewish guy BECAUSE he was Jewish. And trying to dismiss it by calling it third hand is just silly. It did happen and there is more than one person who can testify to it. 

@ both of you, i'm sorry that I have dared insult your favorite religion, but as Doobie_wop so aptly put it, no religion is spotless, so settle down.

"on 9/11 not a single Muslim came to work, this was reportedly the case in many other businesses in Rochester. Now you can try and tell me that the Muslim religion is one of peace and love, but I know better, they knew about the impending attack and didn't warn anybody."

Okay, I know now from this that you are beyond reasoning with.  This is a hilarious conspiracy theory.  You think that not only are the vast majority of Muslims completely united in terrorist conspiracy attacks, but that they are all in communication with each other, and not ONE of them told authorities or even had communications intercepted by authorities or let it slip to anyone who would tell the cops.  And after the fact no one noticed this except the chain email senders. 

Just to be clear, though, I want to confirm that you are telling me that Carl2291's source is LYING when it claims that the Koran also says to treat Jews as brothers?  Or somehow is completely wrong, whereas you who no doubt have not ever read it know that that instruction does not exist? 

As for the anecdote, considering your other tale I now seriously doubt that anything of the sort happened.  Maybe a worker got into a fight with some guy after insults were exchanged.  I don't even care. 

And Islam is not a favorite religion of mine, nor even do I know more than a couple people who believe it, but when I see people making ridiculous claims (like one guy who said that Islam's God was, in fact, Satan) I stand up against it, just as I would against claims that the Holocaust didn't happen or the sky is on fire.  Or that radical islamic nations could conquer Europe. 

Hey leave him alone, he probably is probably just brainwashed by the Fox News propaganda machine (glenn beck and bill orielly) just like a lot of left wing people are brainwashed by the MSNBC propaganda machine.

Wow, a whole lot of intolerance coming from you two jokers. i'm sorry but like I said before, your precious broken mass media views it as not PC to report anything truely horrible about Muslims. The fact that you people are so quick to defend this religion, while throwing others under the bus is both laughable and hypocritical. 

@ Fine-Fan:  No, there is no conspiracy theory in my story about not one Muslim coming to work on 9/11, I have a first hand witness who was at the IBM building. You can choose not to believe me, I don;t really care because I know for a fact it was true, my source is not a lier, nor are they racist in any manner. BTW Carl's source is irrelevant to the point I am making, like it or not, there are enough muslims that believe the Coran tells them to eradicate all Jews, that I was just in saying what I said in my first post.

As for my first anecdote, Of course you don't believe me, I have an opposing view of your own, that's fine, but once again, my source is solid, and you would be ignorant if you think such an occurance is impossible. You say you don't care...you lie. You have gone out of your way to tell me how much you DO care about this incident, even going so far as to call myself and my source liers, and then try to downplay an incident to polish a tarnished religion. 

I'm sorry, but the only one here making ridiculous claims are those saying Islam is a peaceful religion, there is too much evidence to the contrary to believe such rubbish.

Anyway, a link I believe you two might enjoy! http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/05/11/for-it-msa-student-confesses-she-wants-a-second-holocaust/

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Final-Fan said:
"on 9/11 not a single Muslim came to work, this was reportedly the case in many other businesses in Rochester. Now you can try and tell me that the Muslim religion is one of peace and love, but I know better, they knew about the impending attack and didn't warn anybody."

Okay, I know now from this that you are beyond reasoning with.  This is a hilarious conspiracy theory.  You think that not only are the vast majority of Muslims completely united in terrorist conspiracy attacks, but that they are all in communication with each other, and not ONE of them told authorities or even had communications intercepted by authorities or let it slip to anyone who would tell the cops.  And after the fact no one noticed this except the chain email senders. 

Just to be clear, though, I want to confirm that you are telling me that Carl2291's source is LYING when it claims that the Koran also says to treat Jews as brothers?  Or somehow is completely wrong, whereas you who no doubt have not ever read it know that that instruction does not exist? 

As for the anecdote, considering your other tale I now seriously doubt that anything of the sort happened.  Maybe a worker got into a fight with some guy after insults were exchanged.  I don't even care. 

And Islam is not a favorite religion of mine, nor even do I know more than a couple people who believe it, but when I see people making ridiculous claims (like one guy who said that Islam's God was, in fact, Satan) I stand up against it, just as I would against claims that the Holocaust didn't happen or the sky is on fire.  Or that radical islamic nations could conquer Europe. 

Hey leave him alone, he probably is probably just brainwashed by the Fox News propaganda machine (glenn beck and bill orielly) just like a lot of left wing people are brainwashed by the MSNBC propaganda machine.

Wow, a whole lot of intolerance coming from you two jokers. i'm sorry but like I said before, your precious broken mass media views it as not PC to report anything truely horrible about Muslims. The fact that you people are so quick to defend this religion, while throwing others under the bus is both laughable and hypocritical. 

@ Fine-Fan:  No, there is no conspiracy theory in my story about not one Muslim coming to work on 9/11, I have a first hand witness who was at the IBM building. You can choose not to believe me, I don;t really care because I know for a fact it was true, my source is not a lier, nor are they racist in any manner. BTW Carl's source is irrelevant to the point I am making, like it or not, there are enough muslims that believe the Coran tells them to eradicate all Jews, that I was just in saying what I said in my first post.

As for my first anecdote, Of course you don't believe me, I have an opposing view of your own, that's fine, but once again, my source is solid, and you would be ignorant if you think such an occurance is impossible. You say you don't care...you lie. You have gone out of your way to tell me how much you DO care about this incident, even going so far as to call myself and my source liers, and then try to downplay an incident to polish a tarnished religion. 

I'm sorry, but the only one here making ridiculous claims are those saying Islam is a peaceful religion, there is too much evidence to the contrary to believe such rubbish. 

Anyway, a link I believe you two might enjoy! http://www.newsrealblog.com/2010/05/11/for-it-msa-student-confesses-she-wants-a-second-holocaust/

Wow, blast from the past! 

1.  Your "witness":  how many Muslims does he normally see in a given day at work?  How many of them REALLY didn't show up?  And how do you explain that THOUSANDS of Muslims could call in sick on the one day that a terrorist attack happened and no law enforcement agency picked up on this, nor anyone at a higher level than chain email sender (not even Faux News would dare air something this ridiculous, I trust)? 

2.  Your anecdote:  no I do not, not because your "view" "opposes" mine, but because you are showing a propensity for repeating crazy stories that are clearly false.  I was already skeptical but this makes me conclude that this particular story is also most likely false (although this is not a certainty). 

3.  "I don't care".  Given that I am confident your story is grossly inaccurate, I don't really care HOW inaccurate it is.  Did you or someone along the line of the gossip that led to you exaggerate or distort the event, or did it not happen at all?  If the first, who and how many did so; if the second, who made it up?  I don't really care. 

4.  Anyone who says that any major religion doesn't have violent extremists is a fool.  Maybe she is one.  But Horowitz is a clown.  He strung her along until she gave an answer he wanted (or that sounded like something he could say was what he wanted) and then shut down the discussion.  Did she mean she was for Hezbollah, or for Jews in Israel, or for hunting down Jews in Israel?  He assumes #3.  We don't know because he cut her off.  And we don't know what the answer to her question is because he never got around to giving one. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

hxa155 said:
Okay, idiots, please stop flat out lying about things that are or aren't in the Holy Qur'an. Just keep playing games, that's all you're good at.

I guess I'd be pissy, too, if all I had was a PSP.

Don't worry, Ys Seven is coming to light up your life!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
ironman said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
Final-Fan said:

Quite franky, Halo reach, and moving into my apartment was a little more important than having you call me a lier based on nothing but your own fantasy of a world.

1.  Your "witness":  how many Muslims does he normally see in a given day at work?  How many of them REALLY didn't show up?  And how do you explain that THOUSANDS of Muslims could call in sick on the one day that a terrorist attack happened and no law enforcement agency picked up on this, nor anyone at a higher level than chain email sender (not even Faux News would dare air something this ridiculous, I trust)?

It's Rochester, and the IBM building is a mile long...I don't know if you know this, but Rochester has a large population of muslums, Quite a few work at the IBM building. I love how you try to discount my anecdotes as nothing more than a chain letter, you sir, are pathetic. My anectdotes come from a reputable source with first hand experiance, if you are too ignorant to think that such things are remotely possible, it's not my problem.    

2.  Your anecdote:  no I do not, not because your "view" "opposes" mine, but because you are showing a propensity for repeating crazy stories that are clearly false.  I was already skeptical but this makes me conclude that this particular story is also most likely false (although this is not a certainty). 

I hate to tell you this, but both stories are 100% true. Your conclusion that it is false is based on nothing but pure speculation, which is just pathetic.

3.  "I don't care".  Given that I am confident your story is grossly inaccurate, I don't really care HOW inaccurate it is.  Did you or someone along the line of the gossip that led to you exaggerate or distort the event, or did it not happen at all?  If the first, who and how many did so; if the second, who made it up?  I don't really care. 

You do care because you have reapetedly posted your rubbish trying to discredit what I say. like it or not, this stuff is real, it does happen, and the fact that you cannot seem to grasp the fact that Muslims are in no way perfect as the media would have you think is very telling about who you are as a person. Also, the "line of gossip" was a total of three people, and it was not gossip, it was a conversation that was very telling about who Muslims really are as a religion. 

4.  Anyone who says that any major religion doesn't have violent extremists is a fool.  Maybe she is one.  But Horowitz is a clown.  He strung her along until she gave an answer he wanted (or that sounded like something he could say was what he wanted) and then shut down the discussion.  Did she mean she was for Hezbollah, or for Jews in Israel, or for hunting down Jews in Israel?  He assumes #3.  We don't know because he cut her off.  And we don't know what the answer to her question is because he never got around to giving one. 

You are funny, you say Horowitz basically forced that woman to give him an answer...I'm sorry, but she stated quite clearly what she believes, and once again, you truly are ignorant if you believe that she doesn't want to eradicate the Jews, and that nobody could possibly believe this.

Now, I see that you are either too blind, or too ignorant to have a real conversation, so call me a lier if you want, but I know better, and i'm sure many others here do as well. I refuse to keep arguing with you about how factual my stories are. You can choose not to believe them if you wish, but the fact of the matter is There are many Muslims who wish to eradicate the Jews, that is an undeniable fact. As such, my original statement still holds true. If you wish to discuss that matter in a meaningful way without resorting to cheap shots about what news organizations I may or may not watch (once again, intolerant and ignorant...at best.) or directing the conversation away from it's original point, I'll be here, until then,you are not worth my time.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Carl2291 said:
I'm not going to even read this. I'm just going to say...

Muslims and Jews have been at war for hundreds of years.

1400 years actually.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

ironman said:
Final-Fan said:
Quite franky, Halo reach, and moving into my apartment was a little more important than having you call me a lier based on nothing but your own fantasy of a world.
It's Rochester, and the IBM building is a mile long...I don't know if you know this, but Rochester has a large population of muslums, Quite a few work at the IBM building. I love how you try to discount my anecdotes as nothing more than a chain letter, you sir, are pathetic. My anectdotes come from a reputable source with first hand experiance, if you are too ignorant to think that such things are remotely possible, it's not my problem.    
I hate to tell you this, but both stories are 100% true. Your conclusion that it is false is based on nothing but pure speculation, which is just pathetic.
You do care because you have reapetedly posted your rubbish trying to discredit what I say. like it or not, this stuff is real, it does happen, and the fact that you cannot seem to grasp the fact that Muslims are in no way perfect as the media would have you think is very telling about who you are as a person. Also, the "line of gossip" was a total of three people, and it was not gossip, it was a conversation that was very telling about who Muslims really are as a religion. 
You are funny, you say Horowitz basically forced that woman to give him an answer...I'm sorry, but she stated quite clearly what she believes, and once again, you truly are ignorant if you believe that she doesn't want to eradicate the Jews, and that nobody could possibly believe this.

Now, I see that you are either too blind, or too ignorant to have a real conversation, so call me a lier if you want, but I know better, and i'm sure many others here do as well. I refuse to keep arguing with you about how factual my stories are. You can choose not to believe them if you wish, but the fact of the matter is There are many Muslims who wish to eradicate the Jews, that is an undeniable fact. As such, my original statement still holds true. If you wish to discuss that matter in a meaningful way without resorting to cheap shots about what news organizations I may or may not watch (once again, intolerant and ignorant...at best.) or directing the conversation away from it's original point, I'll be here, until then,you are not worth my time.

0.  I thought it had more to do with the fact that that news article came out recently and inflamed your outrage against Muslims and those who you perceive as their defenders, which reminded you of this thread.  Not that it matters. 

1.  I'm sure there are lots of Muslims that work there, but that's not relevant.  What's relevant is how many your source notices on a given day, since those are the only ones he could notice NOT being there on 9/11.  Also I love how you deflect the more important question of why no one else seemed to notice this.  "Liberal biased media ignored it" fails due to law enforcement's duty to investigate as well as the existence of Fox News. 

2.  Your assertion that they are 100% true is also speculation since you did not witness them

3.  I think you failed to understand what I meant by "I don't care".  Let me come at it from a different angle.  It only matters from the perspective of an individual incident.  It's not indicative, as you seem to think, of a plague of Muslim assaults on Jews in the USA.  To the extent that I cared I was curious about that incident, and then skeptical of it.  I now doubt it occurred as your story goes, and further investigation is much more work than it's worth to me.  So ... "I don't care". 

Also, how many would it take before it went from "cool story bro" to "gossip"?  Would seven be enough? 

4.  Did you even read what I wrote? 
--you say Horowitz basically forced that woman to give him an answer No (although he did).  I said he kept the dialogue going until he got one, at which point he didn't care about her or her question anymore and shut down the conversation. 
--she stated quite clearly what she believes No, she said "for it" and there were two or three things she could have meant by that.  Horowitz could have tried to nail her down to the worst one, which he clearly takes to be her meaning, but instead when she tries to go on he cuts her off. 
--you truly are ignorant if you believe that she doesn't want to eradicate the Jews, and that nobody could possibly believe this No no no no no.  I said "maybe she is one".  What that means is that ... maybe she is what you and Horowitz say.  How does that lead you to the belief that I think she couldn't possibly be what you say she is?  And that no one could possibly be that?  You're not even reading my post now, you're just looking at me and seeing some strawman. 

5.  At the risk of sounding like an elementary-schooler:  no, you're not worth my time, until you actually respond to me and not whatever boogeyman you see in me. 
--I've taken shots at Fox, but I'm actually using them as a grounding point here.  (See point 1.)  My shots at "chain emails" don't count since they aren't a news organization.  And if I was religious I would pray to God you don't use them as a source of news. 
--I know there are extremist Muslims who want to eradicate Jews -- enough to call them "many"; you and I simply strenuously disagree about the amount of Muslims who subscribe to this view. 
--I don't even recall what your "original point" was, although I hope it wasn't using your anecdote to claim that such hatred was systemic to Muslim communities in the US. 
--If you want to talk about distracting from the topic, check out the OP vs. your own contribution. 

Threads like these depress me. I don't know why I read them. So much hate and misunderstanding. So much prejudice.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
Carl2291 said:
I'm not going to even read this. I'm just going to say...

Muslims and Jews have been at war for hundreds of years.

1400 years actually.

Muslims and Jews got along (much better than Christians and Jews anyway) up until the 1950's with the creation of Israel.  To garner support against the Germans in WWI, the British promised both the Jews and the Palestinians land in Ottoman (Germany's ally) territory if they won the war, but kept the land for themself afterwards up until they had to give it up after WWII by splitting it between them.

That being said, people should realize that religion can lead people to do very illogical things, Islamic Fundamentalism included.