By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: Madworld on Wii was a “mismatch”

sorry Sega but Madworld was boring.. possibly the most repetitive game ive ever played this gen

Around the Network

Well, personally I wasn't happy with MadWorld as a game. It reminded me of being an insecure 11 year old kid again in the arcades on lunch hour playing Mortal Kombat 2 again. I didn't find much to any enjoyment with the game, and was left with a 50 dollar dent in my wallet and a couple of wasted hours. All it had going for it was that it was trying VERY hard to be badass, and I found it totally repetetive, boring, and completely unsatisfying.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

bmmb1 said:

I believe HVS only had one game for the Wii (unless you count games like Dora). Saleswise The Conduit is actually the lesser of all IPs released by Sega for the Wii. That said, I think it sold the longest without a price cut.

Yes, The Conduit sold less than Madworld, but I think it reached it's sales expectations, because HVS is just a mediocre or below mediocre dev. TC probably is one of the first of their games that has a very solid base, the highly praised shooting mechanics, so building upon that the next installment of the franchise could see a decent commercial success, especially because the dev time is only 1 year.

For a world class dev like Platinum Games that isn't enough. They somehow didn't manage to score a real sales hit yet, but Sega seems to be positive their talents can shine more brightly on the PS360.

And so Platinum goes both graphics-are-everything and blame-the-Wii-for-your-own-failings. Such a pity. Their predecessor was such a good game developer.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Galaki said:
Radziel said:
"(...) But we were thrilled when they tried to do a mature thing on Nintendo.”
I'm still puzzled why people think violence = mature.
M-rated , yes... but mature? This game was targeted for teens not for adults.

Misnomer, probably. Since M stands for Mature.

Would you rated it V for Violence? Doesn't sound too good.

They are just putting sex, language and voilence in a group and call it M.

I was thinking more along the line of context rather than abbreviation.
And it's not only about this comment, but general definition for mature game.
MadWorld is rated for mature audiences, but it's not a mature game.

heh... sorry for OT

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Around the Network
Millennium said:
And so Platinum goes both graphics-are-everything and blame-the-Wii-for-your-own-failings. Such a pity. Their predecessor was such a good game developer.

Well to be fair this is someone from Sega speaking here, not Platinum.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

- MadWorld US + Europe --- 450.000 = Failure

- Bayonetta 360 US + Europe --- 390.000 = Success
- Bayonetta PS3 US + Europe --- 320.000 = Success

jarrod said:
Xoj said:
obvious answer it's demographic.

but it believeable it woould have done better on the HD console not because graphics, but because it would have gotten more support.

It's also believable that a Wii version of Bayonetta would've outsold the PS3 version.  Y'know, because MadWorld outsold it.  Demographics!

No it didn't.

Madworld - 450k - http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=22383&region=All

Bayonetta PS3 - 530k - http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=25465&region=All

Bayonetta 360 - 480k - http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=25464&region=All

Despite Madworld being out for 7 (9 in the west) Months longer, on a far bigger userbase.

These titles never did that much better

Madworld was a mismatch. I finally picked up when I could get it for under $8 new. It gives me a head ache playing it. If they would have invested the same amount of money into Madworld as they did Bayonetta, then they could compare numbers. Bayonette would have done much better on the Wii.