By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: Madworld on Wii was a “mismatch”

pastro243 said:
And I think Madworld 2 on HD would sell like crap, not because HD gamers fault, because a black and white game in consoles that have similar and much better games like GOW3, ninja gaiden, DMC, Bayonetta, etc... all in color, would have 0 appeal.

I seriously think they did that game knowing HD standards were higher than what they wanted to do and though it wasnt the same on wii, so they picked wii and realized wii owners arent willing to pay for games like that when they also have better games even if they are not similar.

I disagree. I think there is always room for new, innovative types of experiences on the HD systems. Look at flower, heavy rain, and viva pinata. It's not the black and white and red that made it bad. It was just repetitive....but described by many as really fun. All that's needed is to expand on what makes the game fun. If that means they need more ways to kill, or better reasons to play (like hi-score database, co-op arena) etc, it can be done. I think there is a bit of a limitation on what they were able to do with the game, which could be improved on the HD.

HD gamers aren't obsessed with graphics. Some are, but from what I understand, one of the main draws of the HD systems is simply traditional control issues. The hardcorez like tight controls which they have honed over the years with nigh-imperceptible thumb movements, among other things like innovation, new experiences etc etc. I think both devs and analysts focus too much on making the ps360 games hi-def. Games like muramasa and many others would definitely have markets on the hd systems.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
pastro243 said:
And I think Madworld 2 on HD would sell like crap, not because HD gamers fault, because a black and white game in consoles that have similar and much better games like GOW3, ninja gaiden, DMC, Bayonetta, etc... all in color, would have 0 appeal.

I seriously think they did that game knowing HD standards were higher than what they wanted to do and though it wasnt the same on wii, so they picked wii and realized wii owners arent willing to pay for games like that when they also have better games even if they are not similar.

I disagree. I think there is always room for new, innovative types of experiences on the HD systems. Look at flower, heavy rain, and viva pinata. It's not the black and white and red that made it bad. It was just repetitive....but described by many as really fun. All that's needed is to expand on what makes the game fun. If that means they need more ways to kill, or better reasons to play (like hi-score database, co-op arena) etc, it can be done. I think there is a bit of a limitation on what they were able to do with the game, which could be improved on the HD.

HD gamers aren't obsessed with graphics. Some are, but from what I understand, one of the main draws of the HD systems is simply traditional control issues. The hardcorez like tight controls which they have honed over the years with nigh-imperceptible thumb movements, among other things like innovation, new experiences etc etc. I think both devs and analysts focus too much on making the ps360 games hi-def. Games like muramasa and many others would definitely have markets on the hd systems.

What I mean, is that if you put a subpar action game(considering no mayor changes in quality to the original) against GOW3, DMC4, NG, Bayonetta when you are going to buy, Madworld would loose. Besides, I dont consider Madworld to be as unique, I think its called that way due to the presentation and the fact that its a Mrated game for Wii.

Im not trying to say we as HD owners arent opened to good and unique games.

Lol, trust me, if they put Bayonetta on Wii it would of done just around NMH level.

Every time I tried to introduce Mad World I'd get a meh back, hell I myself am meh for Mad World.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Madworld is still in the top 200 (174th) on its 56th week. Not that bad, its weekly sales are better than games like Demon's Soul, FIFA Soccer 10 (Wii) and Fight Night Round 4 (PS3)...

The game will soon reach 500k.