By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: Madworld on Wii was a “mismatch”

obvious answer it's demographic.

but it believeable it woould have done better on the HD console not because graphics, but because it would have gotten more support.

Around the Network

If they make a new one obviously it needs to be a longer game, people think it should be an open world this time round, and they would need to make more ways to kill your opponent, people said no more heroes was a good game but it didnt appeal to me, im not saying it wasnt a good game but i got way more enjoyment out of Madworld

Xoj said:
obvious answer it's demographic.

but it believeable it woould have done better on the HD console not because graphics, but because it would have gotten more support.

It's also believable that a Wii version of Bayonetta would've outsold the PS3 version.  Y'know, because MadWorld outsold it.  Demographics!

"(...) But we were thrilled when they tried to do a mature thing on Nintendo.”
I'm still puzzled why people think violence = mature.
M-rated , yes... but mature? This game was targeted for teens not for adults.

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Sega just publishes the games, so until I get more word, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Plus it's just bringing up what Sci Fi Debris stated about the character development of Bashir versus Neelix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfn99lohePs).

"People don't like Bashir? What is wrong with us?" "People don't like Neelix? What is wrong with them?"

This guy is following the latter thought, while I applaud High Voltage for following the former thought (regardless of how The Conduit 2 turns out).

And claiming Bayonetta is to indicate sales of Madworld is like comparing an ice cream recipe with a pizza recipe just because the same chef made them.

Hmm.. I think you are underestimating the work and the influence of publishers..

You know, game development takes years, so a dev needs to have lots of resources to finish a project (especially if it's a full retail game), but most don't have that kind of money, so they need hefty amounts of credits. Devs usually have month to years without any cash flow, so the conditions for credits they'd get (if they even get a credit) are atrocious and this is where publishers come in. They are bigger and have more constant cash flow, so they get better conditions for the credits (and probably the only publisher right now that can afford game production without credits is Nintendo) and can make sure the devs can finish their games.

Additionally they know the market and the products way better than any bank out there, so they can judge which projects are worthwhile or at least worth the try and which aren't.

This comment seems to signalize, that Sega wants to focus on their PS360 projects, so for other ones they'd need to find another publisher in a pretty early state of development. Given Platinums track record (in the sales department), that might not be that easy.

High Voltage on the other hands afaik only have created and released Wii IPs (this gen) so far, so it frankly is a pretty conservative decision to green light the next installment of the biggest one of those.

Around the Network

TheGameFather: Madword on Wii was a "steaming turd"

Radziel said:
"(...) But we were thrilled when they tried to do a mature thing on Nintendo.”
I'm still puzzled why people think violence = mature.
M-rated , yes... but mature? This game was targeted for teens not for adults.

Misnomer, probably. Since M stands for Mature.

Would you rated it V for Violence? Doesn't sound too good.

They are just putting sex, language and voilence in a group and call it M.

Sega wouldnt publish the game in Japan so they just got another publisher

And i am never going to buy a Sega-game on PS3, unless i get it used

Lafiel said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Sega just publishes the games, so until I get more word, I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

Plus it's just bringing up what Sci Fi Debris stated about the character development of Bashir versus Neelix (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfn99lohePs).

"People don't like Bashir? What is wrong with us?" "People don't like Neelix? What is wrong with them?"

This guy is following the latter thought, while I applaud High Voltage for following the former thought (regardless of how The Conduit 2 turns out).

And claiming Bayonetta is to indicate sales of Madworld is like comparing an ice cream recipe with a pizza recipe just because the same chef made them.

Hmm.. I think you are underestimating the work and the influence of publishers..

You know, game development takes years, so a dev needs to have lots of resources to finish a project (especially if it's a full retail game), but most don't have that kind of money, so they need hefty amounts of credits. Devs usually have month to years without any cash flow, so the conditions for credits they'd get (if they even get a credit) are atrocious and this is where publishers come in. They are bigger and have more constant cash flow, so they get better conditions for the credits (and probably the only publisher right now that can afford game production without credits is Nintendo) and can make sure the devs can finish their games.

Additionally they know the market and the products way better than any bank out there, so they can judge which projects are worthwhile or at least worth the try and which aren't.

This comment seems to signalize, that Sega wants to focus on their PS360 projects, so for other ones they'd need to find another publisher in a pretty early state of development. Given Platinums track record (in the sales department), that might not be that easy.

High Voltage on the other hands afaik only have created and released Wii IPs (this gen) so far, so it frankly is a pretty conservative decision to green light the next installment of the biggest one of those.

I believe HVS only had one game for the Wii (unless you count games like Dora). Saleswise The Conduit is actually the lesser of all IPs released by Sega for the Wii. That said, I think it sold the longest without a price cut.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin