By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: Madworld on Wii was a “mismatch”

I really hope they dont switch from wii if they make a sequal i really want a Madworld 2 plus it works so well with the wiimote, i still enjoy playing through the game now i get so much fun out of it, people complain about the camera issue but ive never had a problem with it, No more heroes has gone to other consoles, i dont mind if it goes to other consoles as long as it still comes to wii

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
lol at putting Bayonetta's ww figure against MadWorld's 1st NPD. "Games Journalism" at it's finest. <3

Here's the first NPD for Bayonetta (which had a week more than MadWorld btw) if anyone's interested in an actual comparable figure...

Bayonetta 360: 100,000
Bayonetta PS3: 60,000

... in other words, if MadWorld was "mismatch for the audience" going by NPD sales, then Bayonetta was pretty much the same exact thing...

Well, to be fair, they're not padding the numbers that much. How much did MadWorld sell in Japan? (since we likely have 0 data on European sales)

For Bayonetta? 196k PS3 and 88k 360 ltd according to Famitsu.

Sega didn't even release MadWorld in Japan though, so we can't really have an exact comparison there...

So HVS: "The Conduit wasn't bought in droves by Wii owners. What is wrong with us?" This guy: "Madworld wasn't bought in droves by Wii owners. What is wrong with them?"

And the critical acclaim doesn't count, since crtics have ignored sales hurting flaws in many other games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

outlawauron said:
jarrod said:
lol at putting Bayonetta's ww figure against MadWorld's 1st NPD. "Games Journalism" at it's finest. <3

Here's the first NPD for Bayonetta (which had a week more than MadWorld btw) if anyone's interested in an actual comparable figure...

... in other words, if MadWorld was "mismatch for the audience" going by NPD sales, then Bayonetta was pretty much the same exact thing...

Well, to be fair, they're not padding the numbers that much. How much did MadWorld sell in Japan? (since we likely have 0 data on European sales)

That isn't being fair. How is defending them spinning the numbers "to be fair"? I am so sick of that phrase, as it's thrown around by people not even knowing the context.

And 160,000 being treated as 1.1 million isn't being padded that much? Did you even pay attention to all the comments?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

The critical acclaim is undeserved imo. MadWorld's shallow, repetitive and just a pretty average game when you really get down to it. It was easily my biggest disappointment of 2009.

Bayonetta's rather effortlessly the better designed, better playing, more rewarding, more daring product. Even the fubared PS3 port is probably a better experience than MadWorld.

Around the Network

madworld isnt that good its ok, and looking at black and white gets old quick, bayonetta is way better than madworld imo

LordTheNightKnight said:
jarrod said:

This is why I believe naznatips when he stated how much the gaming press is biased against Nintendo.

They're just using the numbers they have. It is misleading though. Bayonetta sold better because it's a much better game. Even so, I think it's just as mismatched to the 360's audience as MadWorld is to the Wii's.

You cant just say Madworlds not a good game, thats your opinion to someone else its a very good game, peoples game tastes varys not everyone likes the same things, Jack is an awesome character, sure if they made a new one it would need alot of new stuff to make it feel less repetative, but still a good game with an awesome soundtrack

SEGA, show us the numbers for dev cost and advertising for both games.

gustave154 said:
1.1 million for bayonetta on 2 platforms...
and they said it was better than God Of War 3...
GOW3 sold 1.1 first week on one platform lol..

Noone said it was better then GOW3.. at the time Bayonetta released it was better then pretty much every other hack and slash out there.. when GOW3 came along Bayonetta got pushed away

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.