By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sega: Madworld on Wii was a “mismatch”

Bruno Muñoz B said:
- MadWorld US + Europe --- 450.000 = Failure

- Bayonetta 360 US + Europe --- 390.000 = Success
- Bayonetta PS3 US + Europe --- 320.000 = Success

look at the sales pattern

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=MadWorld+-+Wii[22383]&reg2=All&game2=Bayonetta+-+PS3[25465]&reg3=All&game3=Bayonetta+-+X360[25464]&weeks=100

Most MadWorld copies were sold after price cut

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Around the Network
Bruno Muñoz B said:
- MadWorld US + Europe --- 450.000 = Failure

- Bayonetta 360 US + Europe --- 390.000 = Success
- Bayonetta PS3 US + Europe --- 320.000 = Success

- Madworld US + Europe -- at the same point in time --- 212.501  link: http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=America&game1=Bayonetta+-+PS3%5B25465%5D&reg2=Others&game2=Bayonetta+-+PS3%5B25465%5D&reg3=All&game3=MadWorld+-+Wii%5B22383%5D&weeks=60

I don't see how those numbers can tell anything. Bayonetta surely has way more details in the story and dialogues and developer's blood in it than MadWorld. Hence the costs, the price, the "success".
When something big gets numbers like that you can call it a mismatch or failure.

do we know budgets of Bayonetta and Madworld?

(\__/)
( -'.'-)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Bayonetta appears to be the first game from Platinum/Clover to have crossed the million mark (admittedly over two consoles). When looking at the single platform sales of their games, their best sellers are all around the 500k mark, with many games selling far less than that.

Their previous games...

Viewtiful Joe PS2 - No data here, Wiki says it's at 46k WW.
Viewtiful Joe 2 GC & PS2 - No data here, Wiki says 350k US & Japan but doesn't specify which version. I'm guessing combined.
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble GC & PSP - VGChartz has the PSP at 60k US. That's all I can find.
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble DS - VGChartz has it at 80k US and Japan.
Okami PS2 - VGChartz has it at 150k Japan. Wiki says 200k US.
God Hand PS2 - VGChartz has it at 70k Japan.
MadWorld Wii - VGChartz has it at 450k WW.
Bayonetta PS3 & 360 - VGChartz has PS3 version at 530k (making it the only version of any of these games to break the 500k barrier based on this data) and the 360 version at 480k, giving just over 1million total.
Infinite Space DS - VGChartz has it at 90k WW.

VGChartz

Around the Network

Wow, it took over a year for this company to start whining about Wii.

As always, the problem wasn't with the game or the system or the 'target audience'. These companies are just blaming the system and the fans for not buying it when they should be blaming themselves for not advertising the game and stocking the shelves with the game.

Just another classic example of pointing the finger to pass the blame to someone else.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Did people whine this much about God Hand, i wonder...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

They never thank the people that do actually buy these games just quick to blame people who dont

milkyjoe said:
Bayonetta appears to be the first game from Platinum/Clover to have crossed the million mark (admittedly over two consoles). When looking at the single platform sales of their games, their best sellers are all around the 500k mark, with many games selling far less than that.

Their previous games...

Viewtiful Joe PS2 - No data here, Wiki says it's at 46k WW.
Viewtiful Joe 2 GC & PS2 - No data here, Wiki says 350k US & Japan but doesn't specify which version. I'm guessing combined.
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble GC & PSP - VGChartz has the PSP at 60k US. That's all I can find.
Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble DS - VGChartz has it at 80k US and Japan.
Okami PS2 - VGChartz has it at 150k Japan. Wiki says 200k US.
God Hand PS2 - VGChartz has it at 70k Japan.
MadWorld Wii - VGChartz has it at 450k WW.
Bayonetta PS3 & 360 - VGChartz has PS3 version at 530k (making it the only version of any of these games to break the 500k barrier based on this data) and the 360 version at 480k, giving just over 1million total.
Infinite Space DS - VGChartz has it at 90k WW.

You forgot Okami WIi - VGchartz has it at 310k.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

^ Okami Wii wasn't done by platinum games/clover