By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Red Steel 2 bombed

The main reason is because no one wants to buy a game with very little hype; and there's a lot of people who played the first one, and don't want to shell out another 50 bucks for more of that.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Unlike The Conduit, I plan on getting Red Steel 2 sometime in the future.

The Conduit received bad reviews, it's meta score is sitting at 69. Red Steel 2 is currently at 82, and I don't see it dropping below 80.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Well theres no excuses this time... Red Steel 2 is a good game. you can buy it with free WM+ and it was advertised well (gaming websites at least... and that is enough for the target audience of this game).
People arent interested for it, and thats a shame :( I dont know what Ubisoft could have done to get people into it (maybe multiplayer...).

Maybe a sequel of a bad game isnt a good idea :(

It bombed because it's a third party wii game. I wont buy it until the game gets price drops. I have honestly never paid full price for a third party wii game.

swordplay said:
It bombed because it's a third party wii game. I wont buy it until the game gets price drops. I have honestly never paid full price for a third party wii game.

Even if its a good game?

Around the Network

All jokes aside, IMO RS2 has a good shot at passing TCs sales, mainly because of the WM+ bundle. That alone should help the game in the longrun. Still when compared with the critical reception of the game, and the fact that the Wii now has a massive install base, the game bombed

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

kykiske said:
swordplay said:

Even if its a good game?

yes, I know I sound horrible but it's true. The most I paid for a 3rd party game is tatsunoku vs capcom for 25. 

swordplay said:

This thread is obviously...a joke. I wonder if you read the Opening Pararaphs.

It has only been out, one week, and Others sales are 1st day. Seeing as to how the expectations are 500k lifetime you should try to relax.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Bring this game to PS MOVE and let's show Nintendo how core games should sell.

FonzGemini said:
Bring this game to PS MOVE and let's show Nintendo how core games should sell.

Bioshock would like to have a word with you.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."